Is that the new drone ball?

#802 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:16 PM

Yer def looking up  :D physics have been vastly improved!
Post patch video...

Wind and backspin bruh.......... :)

#803 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:30 PM

I've never seen that so it must be on an older version.

That's what you used to tell me right?

#804 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:05 PM

I've never seen that so it must be on an older version.

That's what you used to tell me right?

Yeh i did, difference here is i'm not commentating on a game that has had about 12 months of updates that i'm choosing to ignore...and its the new patch version apparently.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#805 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:47 PM

...and its the new patch version apparently.

There was bug in that “server tuning” which was fixed and then reissued.

-MERACE

#806 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:58 AM

Yer def looking up  :D physics have been vastly improved!

Post patch video...

Thanks for posting this link to the video DoGgs.  They'd already pulled this version of the server side patch by the time I got to play it, and in the 126 holes I've played since the second server patch was released, two days later, I've seen nothing remotely like this.  It's all been pretty much droll, terrestrial physics since...   I'd have missed seeing this anomalous phenomenon had you not posted a link to this  :)

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#807 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:34 PM

Thanks for posting this link to the video DoGgs.  They'd already pulled this version of the server side patch by the time I got to play it, and in the 126 holes I've played since the second server patch was released, two days later, I've seen nothing remotely like this.  It's all been pretty much droll, terrestrial physics since...   I'd have missed seeing this anomalous phenomenon had you not posted a link to this  :)

I never saw it

#808 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:54 PM

I actually think plenty do including guys like jeffield altho I still contend he doesn't want it to be harder for him, he wants it to be harder for everyone else.

And many seem completely focused on the results matching real-life results in regards to scoring etc.  That means they want a game that is played sitting in a chair to give the same results that playing golf in real life does.

Neither of these games is more "sim" or more "arcade" they're both arcade in my opinion but I realize I look at this topic (and many other things lol) a lot different than most.  

I do think you're right about that.  The best players will ALWAYS be the best players and if you make the game more difficult the most likely outcome is that the distance between the best and all the rest will only get larger.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#809 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:03 PM

I do think you're right about that.  The best players will ALWAYS be the best players and if you make the game more difficult the most likely outcome is that the distance between the best and all the rest will only get larger.

We've seen it when they tried Tiger proofing Augusta by adding length.  That just rewarded guys like him who could hit it farther and removed many guys from being able to contend.

And the thing that bugs me is, why shouldn't superior players be superior?  I remember arguing this with HB and it seems like they still have that "everyone should be able to win" mentality that makes me want to break stuff.

btw I tried to steam friend you to tell you that gtgud person is NOT me.  I've asked to be reinstated on the forum but I'd never post using another account.

#810 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:44 PM

So is anyone now convinced that wasn't previously?

Not pressing, as I won't buy TGC again unless it's a great sale price (perhaps Holiday time), but I'm curious if anyone who wasn't happy with TGC2019 a few weeks ago now finds it to be really great...

#811 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:48 PM

So is anyone now convinced that wasn't previously?

Not pressing, as I won't buy TGC again unless it's a great sale price (perhaps Holiday time), but I'm curious if anyone who wasn't happy with TGC2019 a few weeks ago now finds it to be really great...

I like it a lot better than I ever did the atrocity known as Tgc2

Fury's courses play brilliantly in this version.

It's worth it just to play his stuff, he's a freaking genius.

• MERACE and Tentpole like this

#812 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:14 PM

@ADX:  What do you still not like/love and on those things, any chance they are addressable by HB?

#813 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:25 PM

@ADX:  What do you still not like/love and on those things, any chance they are addressable by HB?

There are so many things that should have been fixed so long ago

The drop engine is wrong

Stats aren't accurate

Pitches get blown offline like they're full shots

Flop shots back up when they land

Of all the different putter heads, about 2 of them are actual putter heads and the rest of them are inventions, why?  We should have an anser head, an odyssey #7 head, a rear shaft #9 head and that'd pretty much cover it.  Instead they come up with new putter heads never seen by humans?  I don't get it.

offline shots with short irons go way farther away from target as a percentage than long irons do, this is backwards from reality

I could go on and on :)

#814 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:48 PM

Pitches get blown offline like they're full shots

Flop shots back up when they land

offline shots with short irons go way farther away from target as a percentage than long irons do, this is backwards from reality

These seem rather troublesome and I hope they'll address

#815 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:35 AM

We've seen it when they tried Tiger proofing Augusta by adding length.  That just rewarded guys like him who could hit it farther and removed many guys from being able to contend.

And the thing that bugs me is, why shouldn't superior players be superior?  I remember arguing this with HB and it seems like they still have that "everyone should be able to win" mentality that makes me want to break stuff.

btw I tried to steam friend you to tell you that gtgud person is NOT me.  I've asked to be reinstated on the forum but I'd never post using another account.

Yeah. I've come to the conclusion. Sorry for going there. Unfortunately he posts in a manner similar to you. I'm starting to think it's the infamous NLVX but who knows. It's not worth burning any more brain cells over it. Who ever it is they are wasting their time and everyone else's time pining over minute details that don't matter.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#816 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:58 AM

Yeah. I've come to the conclusion. Sorry for going there. Unfortunately he posts in a manner similar to you. I'm starting to think it's the infamous NLVX but who knows. It's not worth burning any more brain cells over it. Who ever it is they are wasting their time and everyone else's time pining over minute details that don't matter.

I don't see the similarity but who knows :)

They are wasting their time but so are you.  You love to argue on forums just like the rest of us :)

And I don't think you're right about the ability to take percentages off on command.  There are just too many gamepad differences for them to be able to do something like that.  I can see the 95% when I cut a swing short, but that's a bunch of hokum imo.

#817 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:55 AM

They are wasting their time but so are you.  You love to argue on forums just like the rest of us :)

And I don't think you're right about the ability to take percentages off on command.  There are just too many gamepad differences for them to be able to do something like that.  I can see the 95% when I cut a swing short, but that's a bunch of hokum imo.

Agreed, even if you can take a little off you are guaranteed to mess the tempo, TGC has always been based off the 100% swing, the loft box can offer a bit of variation, but only with irons. and its not exactly realistic.  With PG you can take more off to work those inbetween shots to satisfaction, not easy playing pro or tour pro because you are transitioning to the down swing pretty quickly thus risking more erratic dispersion, the only other benefit is you are not gonna be winding the swing into the over swing zone and risking even more.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#818 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:38 PM

Agreed, even if you can take a little off you are guaranteed to mess the tempo, TGC has always been based off the 100% swing, the loft box can offer a bit of variation, but only with irons. and its not exactly realistic.  With PG you can take more off to work those inbetween shots to satisfaction, not easy playing pro or tour pro because you are transitioning to the down swing pretty quickly thus risking more erratic dispersion, the only other benefit is you are not gonna be winding the swing into the over swing zone and risking even more.

There is no such thing as overswing in golf but I get what you're saying.

I think Mebby is fooling himself thinking he's "taking a bit off" on purpose.  They're not that skilled in the programming area to be able to correlate that with all the different gamepad sensitivities.  No way.

#819 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:11 PM

Just to be clear - I'm not suggesting that you can take off whatever percentages you want on command.  I'm just saying that it IS possible to cut your swing short and get 90%, 95% pretty regularly.  It's also possible to do this with perfect/perfect tempo but it's difficult at best.

I just know that if I need to take a little of I can and I get a reasonable result.  The guys that are upset about it are the ones that need a super precise mechanism for dialing in their exact distances.  Gtgud/TLVX/whoever is just upset because he can't program it into his cheat script yet.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#820 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:13 PM

There is no such thing as overswing in golf but I get what you're saying.

I think Mebby is fooling himself thinking he's "taking a bit off" on purpose.  They're not that skilled in the programming area to be able to correlate that with all the different gamepad sensitivities.  No way.

There's nothing to be fooled about.  Say I'm 205 yards out and I have one club that goes 210 yards and one that goes 200 yards.  I can easily saw a little off my 210 club and get reasonably close.  It's easy to see that the power readout says 95% and the ball didn't go 210 yards so what is there to possibly be fooled about??

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users