1822 replies to this topic

#861 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 03:15 PM

If I wanted to use a controller i'd buy a damn console..........

I'd love to have PG on console as I wouldn't even need to have my gaming PC these days.

Sadly that will likely never happen now as it doesn't line up at all with what Trackman needs out of the software

(open extensibility that only a full PC will offer)

#862 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 19 October 2018 - 05:15 PM

Very true but without Trackman that is where all the money would come from as you would probably bring in a lot more people. But with the small amount of people they HAD anyways it would have been difficult to release console versions, Xbox would have been much easier than PlayStation though. 

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#863 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:29 PM

There is nothing similar in the way the ball curves around on those short shots - completely breaks the immersion for me.

Maybe if you are using click in JNPG it's easier to dial in the distance you want but with the RTS I think adding an extra mechanic for fat/thin would make the short game too difficult.

I was referring to the directional rather than distance miss in both games, not specifically the ball curving in TGC.

I think if the fat/thin mechanic was applied reasonably then it wouldn’t be too difficult. It would of course take practice and require the player to be more engaged in each shot, making choices as to which shot type gives them a better chance of success.
I would much prefer that than to hitting every pitch and chip crisply no matter the lie.

As an RTSM player, the tempo is really what keeps the game engaging. I would love to see it used more throughout the game.

I hope you and the team will reconsider.
  • Buck likes this

#864 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:20 PM

I have to say that the tempo miss impact on pitch shots in TGC 2019 is certainly over the top and unnatural. I'd like to see them add that level of variety to distance/spin control for tempo misses.
  • Mike Jones likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#865 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:14 PM

None of the game must be harder crew are dominating TGC Tours Q school

Shocker!

#866 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:34 PM

None of the game must be harder crew are dominating TGC Tours Q school

Shocker!

The fallacy of this statement is that you assume that those wanting the game to be harder MUST be a top player.  There's zero reason that those two things have to be connected.

I want the game to be harder but I'll never ever dominate the top of TGC Tours or any tournament/society for that matter.

• MERACE likes this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#867 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:11 PM

The fallacy of this statement is that you assume that those wanting the game to be harder MUST be a top player.  There's zero reason that those two things have to be connected.

I want the game to be harder but I'll never ever dominate the top of TGC Tours or any tournament/society for that matter.

Then it seems like it's plenty hard for you

#868 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:55 AM

The fallacy of this statement is that you assume that those wanting the game to be harder MUST be a top player. There's zero reason that those two things have to be connected.

Don't try to talk sense to ADX. He's impervious to it.

#869 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:59 AM

What does someone need to average to want a harder golf game? 59? 56? Who the flip cares who's dominating TGC? I only get about 4-6 hous a week with TGC 2019 and I have a +9.6 hncp. I average about 25-30 under par on 4 round PGA events on hard. I would get slaughtered on TGC.

#870 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:56 AM

I'm sorry but this is honestly the dumbest logic I've ever seen.  I thought you were smarter than that.  

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#871 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:07 PM

considering you strike me as the michael barrymore type, i want nothing to do with ur pool ;)

There must be a strike it lucky pun in there somewhere?

Met Pete Dye (and his wife Alice) in 2015 at the players, such a friendly guy and very sad to hear about his failing health

#872 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:04 PM

What does someone need to average to want a harder golf game? 59? 56? Who the flip cares who's dominating TGC? I only get about 4-6 hous a week with TGC 2019 and I have a +9.6 hncp. I average about 25-30 under par on 4 round PGA events on hard. I would get slaughtered on TGC.

Then it's clearly too hard for you and too easy for others.

#873 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:11 PM

I'm sorry but this is honestly the dumbest logic I've ever seen.  I thought you were smarter than that.  

Saying it's too easy but not being able to prove it with verified scores falls on deaf ears.  I just did Q school and to end up even par at st bedes after 4 rounds was all I could do.  So when people like you, who don't shoot low scores publically talk about it being too easy it rings a bit shallow.  Are there people REALLY good at the game?  Yes, that doesn't mean the game is too easy it means they're really good at the game.

Are NBA 3 pointers too easy?  They weren't for Shaq, but they sure were for Klay Thompson last night.  Maybe it's just due to a difference in ability between those two.

#874 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:39 PM

Saying it's too easy but not being able to prove it with verified scores falls on deaf ears.  I just did Q school and to end up even par at st bedes after 4 rounds was all I could do.  So when people like you, who don't shoot low scores publically talk about it being too easy it rings a bit shallow.  Are there people REALLY good at the game?  Yes, that doesn't mean the game is too easy it means they're really good at the game.

Are NBA 3 pointers too easy?  They weren't for Shaq, but they sure were for Klay Thompson last night.  Maybe it's just due to a difference in ability between those two.

I just played Copala Golf Club and shot 9 under without assists using Master Clubs.  Go play my ghost.

But I don't care if I shoot +1 on average I can still be of the opinion that the game is too easy for my liking.  It's a personal preference.

• Drgnslyr221 likes this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#875 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:26 AM

Then it's clearly too hard for you and too easy for others.

That's the stupidest line of thought I've seen in a long time.

#876 adx321

adx321

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:46 PM

That's the stupidest line of thought I've seen in a long time.

No worries, I wouldn't imagine you or I would see anything alike.  I'm fine with that arrangement :)

#877 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:16 PM

Lol. Are you guys done bickering now?

What’s the word on another patch?
Anything left to patch that they might actually do or are they on to TGC2K20 most likely?
  • Greensboronclion likes this

#878 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:30 AM

Lol. Are you guys done bickering now?
What’s the word on another patch?
Anything left to patch that they might actually do or are they on to TGC2K20 most likely?

Shaun chimed in tonight to confirm that they are indeed working on another patch. He said that he wasn't in a position to say what would be included or when it will be released though.

In other words... A patch is coming but out new buddies, 2K, have our nuts in a vice grip so we can't talk about it.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#879 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:06 PM

It has nothing to do with scoring in any one round regarding how difficult the game is, it's all to do with the key areas imo.  Off the tee is a cake walk, i only played one round and found the FW almost every time, even with the odd fast here and there, obv on some more narrow courses i may have found the rough a few times, but overall its not that difficult off the tee using master clubs.  Pitching is another area where provided you get the tempo you will be nailed on for bird or par save. Also i don't know why, but i found it much easier to achieve tempo with a wood or a wedge in hand, most of my fasts or slows came from longer irons, i found the same in TGC 2.  These two areas aside its the putting that turns a decent round into a stellar one.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#880 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:55 PM

It has nothing to do with scoring in any one round regarding how difficult the game is, it's all to do with the key areas imo. Off the tee is a cake walk, i only played one round and found the FW almost every time, even with the odd fast here and there, obv on some more narrow courses i may have found the rough a few times, but overall its not that difficult off the tee using master clubs. Pitching is another area where provided you get the tempo you will be nailed on for bird or par save. Also i don't know why, but i found it much easier to achieve tempo with a wood or a wedge in hand, most of my fasts or slows came from longer irons, i found the same in TGC 2. These two areas aside its the putting that turns a decent round into a stellar one.

Except for the thing where your pitch shot curves some unrealistic amount due to poor tempo, I find that the pitch shots in TGC 2019 to be very similar to the pitch shots in JNPG. They are both a little too accurate distance wise.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users