#1021 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:24 PM

That's sort of old/abandonware at this point though isn't it?
Looks like no updates in ages - still new courses and people playing it I wonder?

Sorry Buck, thought you were on about PG there for a minute, lol.

#1022 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:26 PM

Sorry Buck, thought you were on about PG there for a minute, lol.

lol

It crossed my mind while typing it, but didn't want the post to get moderated out

That said, it looks like even PG has been updated more recently than TGC: VR from what I can tell on Steam pages.

#1023 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:22 AM

Me too
In the last year HB very much shifted into a mode of eliminating any dissenting viewpoints.
Perhaps the new 2k relationship was part of the change?

I am not a big fan of the ban because I didn’t break any rules (not even close) and I just don’t think that’s a great way to foster conversation and a healthy forum (getting personal and just banning things you don’t like for random reasons).

But hey, it’s their forum and they wanted me gone and they got rid of me…
It certainly their business which customers they choose to eliminate from current and future purchase consideration.

Yea - I was pretty shocked when you got banned because I honestly didn't see you saying anything that warranted the action.  Not even close actually.  I still can't really wrap my head around it because there are others over there that have been far more abrasive in their complaints and they are still around.  It's odd.  I feel like you were mostly wrapped up in a personal vendetta sort of thing which is a shame.

But oh well - so is life.  And if we get too wrapped up in what happens on internet forums then we're all missing the point!

Having said that, if I were you I'd be highly pissed!! LOL!

• Buck likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#1024 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:42 AM

Yeah - it was definitely a personal thing with a moderator/employee over there.
Honestly it's worked out fine.

Sort of like Doggs, I just don't have anything to add over there at this time other than Off Topic stuff I suppose.

No big deal.

#1025 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:28 AM

I'm already starting to find diminishing returns. I'm hardly playing it at all, just designing. Still it kind of gives me something to do until my PG mojo comes back.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#1026 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:54 AM

I'm already starting to find diminishing returns. I'm hardly playing it at all, just designing. Still it kind of gives me something to do until my PG mojo comes back.

I don't think you're alone in that Matt..

For a long time there's been a contingent over there that loves the designer way more than the actual golf game, and if memory serves there were always plenty that didn't play the game at all!

#1027 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:01 AM

You may want to join a Society of like minded players.

My main Society (Digital Sportspage) is currently featuring your Casa Verde GC course in our 72 hole tournament this weekend. Very organic and sneaky difficult.

-MERACE

#1028 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:12 AM

Guess i should be interested in VR golf games but i'm not oddly enough, when i stand to play golf i go and play for real, and TGC VR is not very good i've been informed.  I'll prob play tee time golf's VR i'm told it's great fun, be cool to design in VR and play the course i'm working on too. 

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1029 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:43 PM

Guess i should be interested in VR golf games but i'm not oddly enough, when i stand to play golf i go and play for real, and TGC VR is not very good i've been informed. I'll prob play tee time golf's VR i'm told it's great fun, be cool to design in VR and play the course i'm working on too.

TGC VR is a mixed bag. At times I was blown away by it and at times I was frustrated by it. It's awkward holding the controller for swinging without anything close to an actual golf shaft in your hands. And I felt like I was having to concoct some sort of odd gold swing in order to be effective with my shots.

So in other words, it's not a good simulation alternative for sure. However, it really is a fun game somehow.

I was blown away that I could crouch down and read the greens without gridlines for instance. And I always found putting to be pretty spot on.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#1030 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:31 PM

You may want to join a Society of like minded players.

My main Society (Digital Sportspage) is currently featuring your Casa Verde GC course in our 72 hole tournament this weekend. Very organic and sneaky difficult.

-MERACE

Yeah, I'm a co-administrator in this Society and Casa Verde was a very popular venue among the Digital Sportspage members.  I'm getting worse over time as I play TGC 2019, but ironically, I'm enjoying the game now more than ever.  It's like the most recent patch was tailor made for players like myself who have average gaming skills.  I feel like I've done something when I shoot a 67 now, whereas a month after release, I fel like I had to shoot 62 to feel any sense of accomplishment.

The most recent patch made the pitching, flop shot, and chipping part of the game much more realistic, at least IMO.  I wish the full swings in the game had more granularity, as it feels next to impossible to hit a 95% 5-wood, for example.  That's the area of TGC 2019 with which I'm most disappointed, but overall, I still enjoy playing it quite a bit.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1031 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:00 PM

I wish the full swings in the game had more granularity, as it feels next to impossible to hit a 95% 5-wood, for example.  That's the area of TGC 2019 with which I'm most disappointed, but overall, I still enjoy playing it quite a bit.

Any hope on the overswing suggestions that many have given to HB?
Making the achievement of a perfect 100% shot a feel, skill and muscle memory thing seems like it would help a lot.

#1032 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:15 PM

Making the achievement of a perfect 100% shot a feel, skill and muscle memory thing seems like it would help a lot.

HBS have never given any signals that they are entertaining this idea.  I'm not sure they could pull it off if they tried though, at least with the current degree of granularity they have with full swings.  It's interesting that I can execute a chip shot or a putt with a proportional feel to the swing, yet a 95% full swing is darn near impossible for me to execute once, let alone with any degree off reliability.  On the rare occasions I do pull one off, it feels like I executed about a 60% swing with the stick. :huh:

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1033 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:20 PM

Matt, I'll check the numbers of plays of Casa Verde out on the XBox One version today when I get on and report them here.  In our Society tournament, we played it under default conditions in round one.  I changed the time of day, sky, wind and fairway and green firmness for rounds 2, 3, and 4.  I know the high wind setting made the average score go up by about 6 strokes.  I went from a 64 to a 72 myself in the high wind round from mild. 

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1034 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 01 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

I'm certain that they understand how this would improve the game.  I'm not certain (as John mentioned) that they can do it very easily without redoing their swing all together.  

I think we are more likely to see more granularity in the tempo windows in order to give more distance dispersion.  Right now if you are anywhere in the tempo bands you get a perfect result.  The same isn't true for the swing plane - they've made it so that even side to side movements within the swing plan will give you put you slightly off center in your shot.  If they do this same thing for tempo then it would materially alter the complexity and difficulty of the game.

I think there's a decent chance that we'll eventually see true difficulty levels where they ditch the club sets and have one universal set of clubs and then implement normal difficulty levels that impact the size of the swing plane and tempo band zones.  Maybe on the easier levels the tempo bands stay as they are currently (meaning if you're in the zone you get a perfect result) and on the more difficult levels the tempo bands become variable as I explained above.

But who knows.  I think the first few things they need to address if possible are PGA Player licensing and a true multiplayer lobby.  I'd imagine those are pretty high on their list of objectives right now and gameplay tweaks will come behind those.

All just my $0.02.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#1035 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 01 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

LOOPSPRUIT RESERVE CC published

O2bv0cZ.jpg

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1036 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 01 January 2019 - 09:56 PM

LOOPSPRUIT RESERVE CC published

O2bv0cZ.jpg

Looks really good DoGgs!  I've got some catching up on course plays to do now that I've taken early retirement.  Your TGC 2019 courses will be among those I play over next few days.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1037 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:32 PM

DoGgs, I just got through playing LOOPSPRUIT Reserve on my XBox One X.  What an interesting and unique course!  The first five holes I felt like I was playing in a surrealistic parallel world.  I've never seen skies and the environment tinted with like these... it was a sight to behold!  Somewhere on the 6th hole, the sun came out and changed the look and mood entirely, but the course was still just as interesting.  The sun wound up ducking and reappearing in the clouds from the 14th through the finish, so I got to see the course in a variety of lighting conditions, all of which added their own touch to the scene.

I played from the white tees (longest at like 7,100 yards-ish) and had an unusually good putting round for me lately.  I posted a -8 score, which included a bogey on 7 or 8, I think it was.  This course is fun to play and I think reasonably challenging.  I like to play it under higher wins to see how it plays... I went default settings for my inaugural round there.   Nice Work!

• DoGgs likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1038 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:36 PM

Matt, as promised I got an XBox One course play for Casa Verde this morning.  There have been 72 plays of the course as of this morning.  I expect that number to grow significantly as more people favorite it... it had already been favorited when saw it for the first time.  Digital Sportspage Society had a wonderful tournament there, which would have accounted for 28 of the play count... thanks for creating this wonderful course!

• M Rose likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1039 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:37 AM

Interesting discussion going on over there right now...

http://www.hb-studio...ic,27214.0.html

Apparently the latest patch snuck in a tweak that only allows the use of the officially licensed PGA courses when you are actually playing in "PGA Tour Career mode" (not sure on all the modes, so forgive me if I have something wrong here).

It sounds like it was perhaps always meant to be that way and they "fixed it", but certainly a splash of cold water in the face for everyone who'd gotten used to the way it was since launch, with all courses available for all modes.

No comment yet from HB, but I assume an explanation is coming.

I'll be surprised if it's anything other than licensing.

They certainly do seem to have the absolute bare minimum of licensing going on if there is a restriction on the actual modes inside the game with which you can use the licensed courses. C'mon PGA. You don't need to do anything to alienate anyone at this point with where the sport is overall.

sQG6pOz.png

#1040 luetze

luetze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:45 AM

Hi DoGgs, looking forward to give your new TGC creation a go in the coming days. The screen looks fab.

Are you planning to finalise Twin Warriors anytime soon? The Beta version has become one of my favourite JNPG courses instantly.

Hope you continue doing courses for both games (I'm probably one of the few who likes them both by now).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users