#1061 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:53 PM

Yeah you're right. I use the Pro clubset. Didn't score very well with the Master clubs but will give them another try. That's said I play the PC version with MS so the scores there might be a bit more different in general.

Has someone a direct comparison between MS and controller on PC? Would it be worth to purchase a controller?

I don't have a setup in my rec room that lends itself to mouse control... I don't have a desk or table top in the room that would fit into the environment needed for proper mouse control.  I tried the original TGC with the mouse swing once on a temporary setup I had, and I honestly thought it was awful.  I've heard that the latest patch has made the mouse swing as good as it's ever been, but there are still some who are complaining about how it 'broke' the game.  

I wish I could offer some comparative advice for you between the mouse and controller in TGC 2019, but I have no frame of reference.  I do know that the controller works well for me in the PC version, but I've been controller swinging exclusively in golf games since 2007.

• luetze likes this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1062 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:02 AM

Finally put up my third course today. Called Pinelands.

Design is traditional. Shorter and a little tighter. Boreal theme.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#1063 luetze

luetze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

Very JNPG like I'd say what is actually a good thing as there are lot of 'over the top' designs in TGC. Enjoyed my round and scored a decent 72. Greens can get quite tricky from time to time. No13 with double bogey due to lousy putting.

Thank you for this wonderful 'normal' course :)

#1064 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:38 PM

Finally? That's like 3 in 3 weeks lol. You're banging them out pretty quickly over there. You're making me want to buy the game to play just yours and DoGZ courses 

#1065 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

I'll check it out later today Matt... thanks for the word!  It'll probably be the site of our Digital Sportspage Society Daily tournament tomorrow or Wednesday.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1066 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:35 PM

I rehashed about 5 courses from TGC and have started another new one but i feel like i've hit a wall already, no point carrying on like that, prob come back to it another time.  Not playing the game either, i quite enjoy the game off the tee and on approach, but that short game is just god awful, constant disconnects mid round also contribute to the lack of desire to play.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1067 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:08 AM

I rehashed about 5 courses from TGC and have started another new one but i feel like i've hit a wall already, no point carrying on like that, prob come back to it another time.  Not playing the game either, i quite enjoy the game off the tee and on approach, but that short game is just god awful, constant disconnects mid round also contribute to the lack of desire to play.

Disconnects?  Which platform?  I've playing extensively on the PC and now on the XB1X and haven't had a single disconnect.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#1068 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 12:27 AM

Disconnects?  Which platform?  I've playing extensively on the PC and now on the XB1X and haven't had a single disconnect.

Same here.  :huh:

-MERACE

#1069 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:58 AM

I'm playing TGC 2019 on the XBox One X (90%) and the PC(10%) and the only time I get a disconnect on either platform is when I'm playing against a player using Beginner clubs in Online Matchmaking, and they go a stroke down to me (with me using Master clubs)  ;)   Seriously though, I'm having very solid reliability with this game as far as online stability.  I take it you're playing it on the PC, via Steam?  Have you reported your problem to Steam?

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1070 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:20 AM

TGC is the only steam game i have that disconnects me mid game, the first GC did the same to a lesser extent, it's not a steam issue. I had a similar issue when trying to publish my original object heavy version of TPC Boston.  The course would always fail to publish then disconnect me, i sent the course file to HBkeith and it published first time for him.  I really believe the issue is more common with users outside of N.America.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1071 luetze

luetze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:32 AM

I'm playing TGC2019 regularly for about one month now on PC and had 2 disconnects in this time but overall I have to confess I enjoy the game more than I thought I'd ever would in the beginning. Mouse control can be a pain in the arse but the atmosphere makes up for that.

The career mode gives me quite some joy. It's a real shame they never included one in JNPG. The game could have become a real winner in tradition of the Links series if it wouldn't feel so awfully sterile at times. 

#1072 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:11 PM

TGC is the only steam game i have that disconnects me mid game, the first GC did the same to a lesser extent, it's not a steam issue. I had a similar issue when trying to publish my original object heavy version of TPC Boston.  The course would always fail to publish then disconnect me, i sent the course file to HBkeith and it published first time for him.  I really believe the issue is more common with users outside of N.America.

Yeah, you're accessing it through a different means so I can't comment on anything related to my experience.  I know I don't read much about Steam disconnects on the HB Studios official forum, particularly outside of North America, but I'll float that question over there and see what I get. in response.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1073 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:14 PM

Interesting.  We are definitely coming through different servers I'm sure so maybe there is an issue outside of the US.  Although, you'd think they'd be getting lit up about this on the forum and I haven't heard anything.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#1074 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:22 PM

I'm playing TGC2019 regularly for about one month now on PC and had 2 disconnects in this time but overall I have to confess I enjoy the game more than I thought I'd ever would in the beginning. Mouse control can be a pain in the arse but the atmosphere makes up for that.

The career mode gives me quite some joy. It's a real shame they never included one in JNPG. The game could have become a real winner in tradition of the Links series if it wouldn't feel so awfully sterile at times. 

If you've made your way through mouse control in this game, you've made the rite of passage IMO.  I tried mouse control out of curiosity on TGC 1 and 2 and I found it to be very unintuitive.  I'm not really set up to use a mouse with my Home Theater Setup in my Rec Room,  There's no desktop or tabletop I can use without setting up something temporary, that my wife insists that I take out of the way as soon as I'm done.  I was so frustrated with it after my two brief trials that I didn't care to try it again.

I am reading now that since the latest patch, more mouse users seem to be happy with what they have now.  I'll have to try it again just to see if there's anything there that captures my fancy in its current state.

I may eventually delve into the Career mode, but I'd have to change the names to real PGA Tour Pros, and try to line up their scoring averages to real life.  There are those who've done this, but it's pretty labor intensive, I hear.  I'm active in three different Societies right now, plus I play a good bit of Online Matchmaking, and that eats up most of my available playing time.

BTW, I just noticed this thread is rated two stars... this might be the most active 2 star thread I've ever seen!  :)

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1075 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:26 PM

I put PInelands in our Digital Sportspage Society schedule for today.  It looked fantastic on the splash screen, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet.  I'm about to do so in just a bit.  

I just played Royal Lytham Tour yesterday for the first time in our Society Daily... I don't know how I missed that jewel, but my gosh - it's commercial grade quality.  I'd love to read your reactions to it if you ever take a notion to play it Matt!

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1076 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

Why don't you people write in TGC's forum.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#1077 luetze

luetze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:42 PM

If you've made your way through mouse control in this game, you've made the rite of passage IMO. I tried mouse control out of curiosity on TGC 1 and 2 and I found it to be very unintuitive. I'm not really set up to use a mouse with my Home Theater Setup in my Rec Room, There's no desktop or tabletop I can use without setting up something temporary, that my wife insists that I take out of the way as soon as I'm done. I was so frustrated with it after my two brief trials that I didn't care to try it again.

I am reading now that since the latest patch, more mouse users seem to be happy with what they have now. I'll have to try it again just to see if there's anything there that captures my fancy in its current state.

I may eventually delve into the Career mode, but I'd have to change the names to real PGA Tour Pros, and try to line up their scoring averages to real life. There are those who've done this, but it's pretty labor intensive, I hear. I'm active in three different Societies right now, plus I play a good bit of Online Matchmaking, and that eats up most of my available playing time.

BTW, I just noticed this thread is rated two stars... this might be the most active 2 star thread I've ever seen! :)

The mouse control is not bad in general in fact I got pretty well used to it but it can feel quite sluggish from time to time what results in curious shots even though the swing speed should have been okay. Might be a hardware issue more than one with the game itself but I don't know. Short game can be tricky in general but I guess that is not much different for the controller users?

Now that you say it I'm in my second full season and expected to see some real names on the leader board at this season as I thought the cooperation with the PGA includes the player names as well. Obviously I thougt wrong so I should check out how to change them. Sounds not like fun though...

Noticed the thread rating myself before and it made me smile :) Maybe rated by users never played TGC so far...?

#1078 luetze

luetze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:52 PM

Can only speak for myself. I'm a Linkster since the start of the series and so I'm into JNPG of course as well but TGC gives me a breath of fresh air at the moment. I guess the other users who post in this thread are also active JNPG players so why not chat here when we're also making coments in JNPG topics.

Anything wrong with that in your opinion?

#1079 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

I guess the other users who post in this thread are also active JNPG players

Incorrect i play most evenings and never regular forum posters in the lobby

#1080 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

LOL!!!

Maybe just don't come in this thread?  Sorry we hurt your feelings.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users