#1041 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:59 AM

Hi DoGgs, looking forward to give your new TGC creation a go in the coming days. The screen looks fab.

Are you planning to finalise Twin Warriors anytime soon? The Beta version has become one of my favourite JNPG courses instantly.

Hope you continue doing courses for both games (I'm probably one of the few who likes them both by now).

Yes i need to get back to twin warriors and settle on a planting plan, its impossible to do that course justice without planting 50 billion grass types...its crazy lol, i wish i could mix the grasses i have now with the billboards, i need to experiment some for sure.

• luetze and balaceanca81 like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1042 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:54 PM

Interesting discussion going on over there right now...

http://www.hb-studio...ic,27214.0.html

Apparently the latest patch snuck in a tweak that only allows the use of the officially licensed PGA courses when you are actually playing in "PGA Tour Career mode" (not sure on all the modes, so forgive me if I have something wrong here).

It sounds like it was perhaps always meant to be that way and they "fixed it", but certainly a splash of cold water in the face for everyone who'd gotten used to the way it was since launch, with all courses available for all modes.

No comment yet from HB, but I assume an explanation is coming.

I'll be surprised if it's anything other than licensing.

They certainly do seem to have the absolute bare minimum of licensing going on if there is a restriction on the actual modes inside the game with which you can use the licensed courses. C'mon PGA. You don't need to do anything to alienate anyone at this point with where the sport is overall.

sQG6pOz.png

I'm not sure what's going on with this... I just created and played a local match at TPC Boston, and then created a Private Online match using TPC Southwind and they both worked fine... at least in the XBox One version.  Maybe they won't work in a user created offline career mode?  I don't know about either because I haven't tried playing PGA Tour Career mode or offline career mode.  I just don't get anything out of playing against a bell curve spreadsheet,  If they actually had AI players created from statistical models, playing each hole out, stroke-by-stroke, where I could jump in and play along with the AI player, or at least, the AI player's ghost ball, I'd look into Career mode play.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1043 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:04 PM

@JCat04:

Interesting for sure - and still nothing from HB either way?

They still on vacation or just avoiding that topic you think?

#1044 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:13 PM

@JCat04:

Interesting for sure - and still nothing from HB either way?
They still on vacation or just avoiding that topic you think?

They haven’t finished the story mode in RDR2 yet.

-MERACE

#1045 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:20 PM

So you can play the courses in "exhibition" mode but not in a society or career unless it's the PGA mode?

#1046 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:49 PM

So you can play the courses in "exhibition" mode but not in a society or career unless it's the PGA mode?

Hopefully JC or Mebby will clear up the distinctions - I can't make head or tails of it as I don't own or play TGC 2019.

It's so weird for them to be restricting any of the official courses in this way, especially as they are a huge draw of a game branded with PGA licensing.

I really hope these restrictions cropping up is a mistake of some kind.

#1047 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:11 PM

I was thinking of buying it for PC so I can start trying to build my home course for the sim version but I'd like to be able to play the better courses without wasting my time in the career modes.

#1048 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:13 PM

Hopefully JC or Mebby will clear up the distinctions - I can't make head or tails of it as I don't own or play TGC 2019.

It's so weird for them to be restricting any of the official courses in this way, especially as they are a huge draw of a game branded with PGA licensing.

The issue is that the "official PGA courses" come in two varieties.  One without all the tournament dressing (signage, grandstands, etc) and one with all the tournament dressing.

Before the patch, you could play the course WITH all the dressing in your career mode and then "favorite" it so that you could play that version of the course whenever you wanted.

Now they've taken that ability away so that you only get the version with all the tournament dressing in your PGA TOUR season.

It's clearly a licensing issue.  And yes, it's a bit sloppy how it was handled but I honestly think they are making too big of a deal about it. Just my $0.02.

TL;DR - you can still play any of the courses you want whenever you want.  But you can only play the PGA TOUR courses including all the tournament dressing in a PGA TOUR season.

• Buck likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#1049 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:13 PM

I was thinking of buying it for PC so I can start trying to build my home course for the sim version but I'd like to be able to play the better courses without wasting my time in the career modes.

You can.  You just can't play the version of the course that has all the grandstands and official signage, etc.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#1050 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:26 PM

You can.  You just can't play the version of the course that has all the grandstands and official signage, etc.

Ok gotcha.. thanks

#1051 luetze

luetze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:57 AM

DoGgs, I just got through playing LOOPSPRUIT Reserve on my XBox One X.  What an interesting and unique course! ...

I played from the white tees (longest at like 7,100 yards-ish) and had an unusually good putting round for me lately.  I posted a -8 score, which included a bogey on 7 or 8, I think it was.  This course is fun to play and I think reasonably challenging.  I like to play it under higher wins to see how it plays... I went default settings for my inaugural round there.   Nice Work!

-8 on Loopspruit. Wow! I own the game for about 2 weeks now and significantly improved my scores in this time to par or under par usually but got really beaten up here. +10 at the end of the round. Could have been better on the greens but overall as much as I like the unique look of the course at default settings with windy conditions and fast greens it's a bit too tricky for me at least at my current level.

Speaking about windy conditions. I have the feeling there is quite a tremendous difference in the influence of the wind between JNPG and TGC. At comparable wind speeds the impact is much more visible to me in TGC.   

#1052 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 04 January 2019 - 02:01 PM

Mebby explained it better than I could, as his experience with career modes is far more extensive than mine.  I set up an offline career mode way back in June out of curiosity.  I never played a round in it one I say that I was going to have a lot of work to do get PGA Tour player names and reasonable player portraits representing the PGA Tour's gender (although you'll never actually see them out on the course).

I actually did play a first round in that career mode out of curiosity, after I'd added a second offline career mode event at TPC Scottsdale.  I've got to complete a second round in the first career mode event to get to my second tournament at TPC Scottsdale.  I'm expecting to see a course that's stripped of all the PGA Tour event trimmings, but still looks like a reasonably good version of Scottsdale.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1053 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 04 January 2019 - 03:09 PM

-8 on Loopspruit. Wow! I own the game for about 2 weeks now and significantly improved my scores in this time to par or under par usually but got really beaten up here. +10 at the end of the round. Could have been better on the greens but overall as much as I like the unique look of the course at default settings with windy conditions and fast greens it's a bit too tricky for me at least at my current level.

Speaking about windy conditions. I have the feeling there is quite a tremendous difference in the influence of the wind between JNPG and TGC. At comparable wind speeds the impact is much more visible to me in TGC.   

-8 was a rare score for me of late, especially using Master clubs.  I played exceptionally well at LoopsPruit.  What clubset are you using right now?  I suggest the Pro clubset is a good place to start for someone just picking this game up.  Heck, my game declined so badly in the last two and a half months that I dropped back to Pro clubs to try to find my game again.  I'm back to using Master clubs now, but my handicap is now at like + 5, where it had been at +8.4 three months ago.  

I'm not complaining though as I prefer the game in its current level of difficulty with Master clubs.  I will say though that a player of my average skill level sees a bigger gap now in difficulty between Pro and Master clubs, than I saw prior to the most recent patch.  I'm all onboard with that though B)

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1054 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 January 2019 - 04:24 PM

After the latest patch I'm really struggling to hit the ball straight which is a VERY welcome change.  I think the tweak they made to making the swing plane more variable (meaning that even if you're in the blue swing plane but not dead straight you will veer off line slightly) and the ever so slight tightening of the tempo bands has made the game play much tougher.  FINALLY.

I'm still playing with the swing meter off though so I have no clue if my tempo is causing issues or if my swing plane is causing issues.  But I don't really care to be honest because I'm loving the challenge.  I know when I hit a shot dead in the screws before it even flies off the club face.

JNPG's swing is still a little more granular in terms of shot dispersion but TGC has certainly come a long way in this department.  If they ever add variable tempo bands then they may have me begging for mercy!  My biggest hope for this game currently is that they scrap the current club sets and opt for true difficulty levels like we have in JNPG.  Then I could envision playing some rounds at the highest difficulty level when I really want to grind a round out while playing some rounds at the next to highest difficulty level when I want a more relaxing experience.

This sort of option doesn't exist today.  You have to settle for lower level clubs with less distance and less spin if you want an easier experience.  I don't like that at all.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#1055 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:39 PM

I shot 66 at Spyglass Hill but I can't break par on Casa Verde.

I didn't think I made it that hard, lol.
  • cajuncapgun likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#1056 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 02:31 AM

Sneaky hard. ;)

-MERACE

#1057 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:49 AM

The winner of our Digital Sportspage Society tournament shot -31 for 72 holes in our tournament at Casa Verde.   He had a 57 in the second round!?  He was using Pro clubs though, but he was still playing from the back tees.  I shot like -14 for the tournament using Master clubs, but I had two, much better than average rounds for me in that total.  I like the current difficulty of Casa Verde... don't change it  :)  :)  :)

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1058 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:31 AM

Well I did say I wasn't the greatest putter....

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#1059 scajjr29

scajjr29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNH, USA

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:31 PM

LOOPSPRUIT RESERVE CC published

O2bv0cZ.jpg

Played it this morning, nice course. Love the lighting with the clouds. Shot a 62, -9, master clubs.

Sam

Desktop- MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair Hydro H150i Pro cooler, 32Gb DDR4-3600, ASUS 6900XT LC Hybrid, Corsair MP600 1Tb PCIe 4 NVMe (x 2), 850 EVO 1Tb, Corsair 750Gb SSDs & Hitachi 3Tb HDD ,EVGA 1000PG PSU,Monoprice 27772 32" 4K HDR monitor x2,Windows 10 Pro x64, Salient Arch Linux

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G  i7-6700HQ, 32Gb DDR4, 512Gb & 256Gb NVMe SSDs, GTX 1070 8Gb graphics, 17.3" 1080p G-Sync, Win 10 Pro x64,

XBox One X 1Tb w/2Tb external HDD, PS4 Pro 1Tb w/1Tb external HDD

#1060 luetze

luetze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:29 PM

What clubset are you using right now?  I suggest the Pro clubset is a good place to start for someone just picking this game up. 

Yeah you're right. I use the Pro clubset. Didn't score very well with the Master clubs but will give them another try. That's said I play the PC version with MS so the scores there might be a bit more different in general.

Has someone a direct comparison between MS and controller on PC? Would it be worth to purchase a controller?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users