Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:29 PM

Yes, the accessibility is nice.
It's a big tradeoff though.

The "high end" of what's possible and we ultimately have on PG is so much better than what's even "possible" on the TGC design side.
In an ideal world there'd be two different ways to design for the same actual game.

All they need is custom texture importing and the courses will come to life. And letting people use all the different trees with all the themes would be nice also.

I played 3 of the new lidar courses this morning on the sim and they were pretty good but the overlay texture technique here is way more realistic looking

#1122 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 11:59 PM

All they need is custom texture importing and the courses will come to life.

Can they realistically do that with their server based/hosted model though?

PG course files can be half a GB

#1123 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 22 March 2019 - 08:45 AM

They will never do custom textures or custom objects over at TGC, console is their main market, why would they do anything for PC that would just piss off console users.  You can dream and talk about it all day long...aint happening!  I had 5 mins of novelty with TGC 2019,  now i have zero interest in playing it or creating.  Shame really because striping it off the tee feels great, its when you get in and around the green the game falls apart badly. 

The only good thing i can see with the LIDAR are the green contours, designers were scared to death of creating greens that had breaks going more than one way, undulations here and there.  All this paranoid thinking came from that dude Taste, he slaughtered every course that had anything approaching difficult greens back in the first game version, and the silly sheep actually listened to him, they were then left with boring, tame greens. I remember testing this mentality with one of my final courses at TGC, the first par 3 green was undulated and bumpy yet completely fair, but the complaints i had...wow!  

• Charles and SebGOLO like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1124 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:51 PM

I feel like we are getting close to drawing Anthony back in to responding and "re-defending" TGC and their original design choices all over again..

lol

C'mon Antonio...

We know you're out there watching from time to time..  

:D  :P

GpaOe7Z.png

• DoGgs likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users