#1161 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:42 PM

Here's a couple that strike me from Jericho National.  The first one's parking lot peek comes off as a nice touch live, but it's lost some pop in the screen shot.  I also like the horizon and tree line on it.

The second one is included because I love the blend of textures, colors, and grass heights in this rough.  Again it doesn't come across as defined in the screen shot as it does live.  I grabbed the screens in 4K res, but most will probably view them at 1080p

Ahhhh... I'm told I can't use that image extension in this forum when I try to post them.... I'll work on it a bit and see if I can't make it happen.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1162 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 05:43 PM

@JC

Use Imgur and copy/paste the link into the little "picture" icon popup when making a post- that's what I do.

Local hosting here is super restricted on format and file size

#1163 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:13 AM

Uh oh,
Hope I’m not encouraging people away for PP and making the devs job easier to walk away from this community.

Haha. Well, it does look 'The Look' doesn't it? I was impressed when I bought TGC19 and had to admit that the game has much improved. Still, with all the defects, shortages, deficiencies, defaults, wants, flaws, shortcomings et al, I still can not turn my back on JNPG. ^_^ Even though TGC19 give's it a 'hell of a ride' visually and most of all in playability, i still think the courses look better, more immersive and certainly more natural  in JNPG than the best in TGC19. Anyway, i'm sure there will come a time that coursedesigners will approach JNPG's realism in TGC19. For me, the issues with TGC19 are more fixed on the engine, cam's and swingmechanics then anything else. The U.I. and allround playability is second to none and that is probably one of it's biggest appeals.

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#1164 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 04 May 2019 - 08:41 AM

I don't see the appeal of shifting focus to LIDAR in TGC,  i guess classic renditions may want to appeal to a bigger audience but its not like they will be getting paid for doing so or have the ability to employ the overhead method, anything they do over there will not make them stand out from whats being done now because of GNCD's limitations on objects and object limit, along with limited texture selection.  It would make a big difference if they opened the game up to custom textures and objects but that's not happening, even if it did it would only be available for PC players as a course file share, it would never be available for console and that's where 90% of the player base reside.

• JCat04 and Buck like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1165 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 May 2019 - 12:56 PM

I don't see the appeal of shifting focus to LIDAR in TGC,  i guess classic renditions may want to appeal to a bigger audience but its not like they will be getting paid for doing so or have the ability to employ the overhead method, anything they do over there will not make them stand out from whats being done now because of GNCD's limitations on objects and object limit, along with limited texture selection.  It would make a big difference if they opened the game up to custom textures and objects but that's not happening, even if it did it would only be available for PC players as a course file share, it would never be available for console and that's where 90% of the player base reside.

I agree with this.  Except for the point on LIDAR - I think using LIDAR in TGC is a decent step forward.

But you're spot on with everything else you've said. 

• Buck likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#1166 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 04 May 2019 - 01:36 PM

Yeah LIDAR is a step forward def, you will be guaranteed better greens for sure, i just don't see the appeal of moving to GNCD for LIDAR when course forge has much more variation for creation, maybe Classic Renditions fancy a change of pace and that's all there is to it.

• Buck likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1167 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 04 May 2019 - 05:06 PM

Good points DoGgs, but with The Golf Club's reliance on the 'course DNA' model, the changes you are speaking of would not be doable within its constraints.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1168 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 05:27 PM

Good points DoGgs, but with The Golf Club's reliance on the 'course DNA' model, the changes you are speaking of would not be doable within its constraints.

That is why I don’t quite understand if it’s really a big deal or not that classic renditions is going to do courses for TGC.

In your thread over there Merion was mentioned…

http://www.hb-studio...30o8l3qnjn5#new

Which is a phenomenal course they did for PG. .

..but
..so much of it is custom stuff that they couldn’t do in TGC that I just don’t see what there is to be that excited about.

Is that forum also just dead right now?
I’m surprised to see basically nobody commenting on that

#1169 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:43 PM

That is why I don’t quite understand if it’s really a big deal or not that classic renditions is going to do courses for TGC.

In your thread over there Merion was mentioned…

http://www.hb-studio...30o8l3qnjn5#new

Which is a phenomenal course they did for PG. .

..but
..so much of it is custom stuff that they couldn’t do in TGC that I just don’t see what there is to be that excited about.

Is that forum also just dead right now?
I’m surprised to see basically nobody commenting on that

That forum is almost as dead as this one over the last six weeks.  This is dark period in history for computer and video golf games.  Also, I don't think many in that forum have a frame of reference for the work of Classic Renditions.

• DoGgs likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1170 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:44 PM

This is dark period in history for computer and video golf games.

It really is..
Sucks..
  • DoGgs likes this

#1171 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:48 PM

Oh Buck... I went with imgur to try to get my images up for Jericho National, but I can't get them to resize to something that looks reasonable in this forum... at 4K they are just waaaaay to big, and you'd have to spend more time scrolling than viewing.  I need to figure out how to resize them so they'll be a reasonable fit here.

• Buck likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1172 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:16 PM

Here's a couple that strike me from Jericho National.  The first one's parking lot peek comes off as a nice touch live, but it's lost some pop in the screen shot.  I also like the horizon and tree line on it.

The second one is included because I love the blend of textures, colors, and grass heights in this rough.  Again it doesn't come across as defined in the screen shot as it does live.  I grabbed the screens in 4K res, but most will probably view them at 1080p

NOTE: I finally figured out how to resize them to 1080p, but the loss of resolution results in a bit of a loss as to part of what I was trying to show.

s5sUmgE.jpg?1

uWAG7y9.jpg?1

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1173 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 10:24 PM

Nice pics JC..but in the 2nd one..

What are you doing over by the cart path?
:lol:  :)

#1174 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:29 AM

Nice pics JC..but in the 2nd one..

What are you doing over by the cart path?
:lol:  :)

Wisenheimer!  I took one for the team and deliberately hooked my tee shot into the rough, knowing that this section would show a wide variety of the color palette and grass textures.  Unfortunately, you can see them as detailed in this 1080p image as I see them in 4k, in a live game.  I may go back and post one in 4K, if you can see it in 4K, even if you do have to scroll it to see it all  :P

• Buck likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1175 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:41 PM

Maybe we need to commission Crusher (Oh my bad... I mean Abe Lee) to do some TGC Videos for us.  If we are lucky then he'll flood the forum with another 25 video threads or so.

• MERACE, Mulligan and Buck like this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#1176 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:58 PM

Maybe we need to commission Crusher (Oh my bad... I mean Abe Lee) to do some TGC Videos for us.  If we are lucky then he'll flood the forum with another 25 video threads or so.

On the plus side - there are only so many courses for the game..

We can really only have about 4-5 days of "25 a day" before there are no more videos to be made.

:D

He really should make videos for TGC!

He'd have tens of THOUSANDS of courses that could have videos made!

"Hey Keith!  We have a little gift for you!"

LMAO

#1177 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 04:40 PM

@JC

God I hope they can fix the bunkers…

You will think I’m crazy, but in that second photo you shared, literally the very first thing my eye naturally went to is that weird concrete rock whatever it is boundary on the bunkers on the right side.

I’m looking at the photo and taking it all in and that’s the first thing that catches my attention.

I just can’t unsee it and not notice it - always

#1178 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 06 May 2019 - 07:27 AM

Since some are heading over to TGC these days, I thought I'd poke around and try to find some great course "look" work over there. Happily came across some very nice work on Valderrama w/ LIDAR

Valderrama? In TGC19? I can't find it? Or am I missing something? Does it have another name in the game?..

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#1179 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:04 AM

I hear TGC 2019 is gonna be free for xbox gold members on may 16th, should attract a few more, would not hurt PP to do something similar here, i don't think PG has ever been in any steam sale and it will stay in the bowels of steam without any kinda push.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1180 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 06 May 2019 - 01:46 PM

Valderrama? In TGC19? I can't find it? Or am I missing something? Does it have another name in the game?..

It's not completed yet, Han is still working on it. He says it won't be long.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users