• 3,183 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:51 PM

TGC
TGC Update DLC
TGC 2.0
TGC19
And soon to be announced, TGC2020

Cha ching....

PG1 still chucking along and still has more capabilities than the latest TGC. And will soon have 3D grass. :)

#1222 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:55 PM

I'm okay with microtransactions myself, up to a point.  I wouldn't mind buying extra licensed courses, maybe even selected licensed PGA TOUR pros, with their likenesses and mo-capped swings.  I'd never like to see anything offered that would give a player a playing advantage over one who opted not to buy DLC.  That was Winning Putt's downfall.

I think we might see the announcement of TGC 2020 a few days after the XBox One free version of TGC 2019 is released on May 16th as part of the Free Games With Gold program.  The interest in the game should be raised by the free release, and that announcement of TGC 2020 and a possible showing at E3 would catch more eyes that way.  I'm just speculating though, I don't have any real inside info to go on.

Yes very much so, NEVER give an advantage over others with paid downloads. I didn't mind winning putt but I hated to be capped at such a small carry and roll with the driver. Heck I could never ever get to a par 5 in 3 almost..lol - you shouldn't have to play 500 rounds to get increased yardage either. I don't mind a bit of playing for progression but they pretty much made it that way so people would have to keep paying via real money which is not a good idea.

• JCat04 likes this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#1223 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:05 PM

PG1 still chucking along and still has more capabilities than the latest TGC. And will soon have 3D grass. :)

And will soon have 3D grass?  Are you saying they're going to be adding 3D grass to JNPG, or are you looking ahead to PG 2?  I haven't heard anything about 3D grass for the current game, but I know you're much more likely to be privy to information like that than me .

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1224 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:10 PM

Yes very much so, NEVER give an advantage over others with paid downloads. I didn't mind winning putt but I hated to be capped at such a small carry and roll with the driver. Heck I could never ever get to a par 5 in 3 almost..lol - you shouldn't have to play 500 rounds to get increased yardage either. I don't mind a bit of playing for progression but they pretty much made it that way so people would have to keep paying via real money which is not a good idea.

Winning putt was to me as much of a power-up management game as it was a golf game.  I'd love to see what they could do with that engine and an analog swing interface.  That archaic 3-click meter just looked and felt so far behind the times to me.  I hear you on the carry distances... many times I found myself short of the par 5's in three.  It usually happened because I hadn't spent enough VC on power ups prior to the round.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1225 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:22 PM

3D grass on pg1.

http://www.perfectpa...e-4#entry169934

#1226 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:15 PM

Just found Peachtree GC on TGC ( LIDAR )  This was one of my first LIDAR courses in PG.  To be honest TGC version is just a lazy RCR, missing water features here and there amongst other things omitted.  Why would you go to the trouble of learning the LIDAR process only to churn out mediocrity, seems like a waste of time.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1227 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:36 PM

"MIGHT", have 3D grass. This is not a forsure thing and for many people it may be way to much work with exporting everything and importing it back into the engine. 

zmax will always keep advertising JN1 because that is what he profits off of. I think TGC2019 is actually pretty good yet and I never disliked TGC game but the gameplay needs work because they only care about the console users shooting -15 under or more per round. Tour needs to be much damn harder!

• RobV likes this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#1228 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:56 PM

"MIGHT", have 3D grass. This is not a forsure thing and for many people it may be way to much work with exporting everything and importing it back into the engine. 

zmax will always keep advertising JN1 because that is what he profits off of. I think TGC2019 is actually pretty good yet and I never disliked TGC game but the gameplay needs work because they only care about the console users shooting -15 under or more per round. Tour needs to be much damn harder!

I’m sure most designers will find the time to update their courses to use 3D grass. I have confidence in DProberts. This is great news for the jnpg community. Can’t wait for you to update your 1 masterpiece with 3D grass, while chilling at the pool side of my million dollar mansion.
  • Joe Habiger likes this

#1229 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:10 PM

WOW... that came out of nowhere.  It really looks good, perhaps even better than the Turf Effects rough that Mike showed a couple of years ago.  No wonder I missed the news about it, it was buried in a thread about a course (well, two courses now).  I'm really curious now to see how well my slightly better than average gaming PC can handle it.  My PC runs JNPG at 50 to 55 FPS with what would equate to ~75% overall quality settings.

This is a cool development for JNPG though and could potentially breath new life into it.  How new is this grass shader tool for Unity?

• Buck and zmax - sim like this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1230 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:18 PM

WOW... that came out of nowhere.  It really looks good, perhaps even better than the Turf Effects rough that Mike showed a couple of years ago.  No wonder I missed the news about it, it was buried in a thread about a course (well, two courses now).  I'm really curious now to see how well my slightly better than average gaming PC can handle it.  My PC runs JNPG at 50 to 55 FPS with what would equate to ~75% overall quality settings.

This is a cool development for JNPG though and could potentially breath new life into it.  How new is this grass shader tool for Unity?

IAppears to be actively developed with several betas of 2.0 since that original grass shader release.

Here is beta documentation:

http://stixgames.com...r/documentation

#1231 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:31 PM

No wonder I missed the news about it, it was buried in a thread about a course (well, two courses now).

It sounds like maybe you missed the news about PG3 the other day also, yeah?

#1232 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:34 PM

It sounds like maybe you missed the news about PG3 the other day also, yeah?

You think?  ;)

• Buck likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1233 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:35 PM

IAppears to be actively developed with several betas of 2.0 since that original grass shader release.

Here is beta documentation:

http://stixgames.com...r/documentation

Thanks for that link Stingreye... it should answer all of my current and future questions!

• Stingreye likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1234 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:35 AM

I’m sure most designers will find the time to update their courses to use 3D grass. I have confidence in DProberts. This is great news for the jnpg community. Can’t wait for you to update your 1 masterpiece with 3D grass, while chilling at the pool side of my million dollar mansion.

lol...

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#1235 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:55 AM

TGC
TGC Update DLC
TGC 2.0
TGC19
And soon to be announced, TGC2020

Cha ching....

Oh stop it already... geez..   no wonder why these forums have gone to shit... 

• Tigers Agent likes this

#1236 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:04 AM

Oh stop it already... geez..   no wonder why these forums have gone to shit... 

lol

I was actually just having the opposite thought honestly.

The latest courses and now 3D grass stuff have really revived things!

#1237 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:47 AM

Yes but let's hope it continues....

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#1238 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:45 PM

Yes but let's hope it continues....

The introduction of 3D rough grasses to JNPG via a user add-on to Unity presents a bit of a dilemma to Trackman doesn't it?  I mean they can't market it as a feature of the game, since it's not part of the integral package, right?  I wonder if they can even show courses featuring the use of DirectX 11 Grass Shader in their promotional material... I doubt it, but I'm not a marketer or copyright law expert so what do I know?

This has got to be somewhat frustrating for Trackman/Perfect Parallel.  I mean here's the publicly accessible arrival of 3D rough grasses, like we were shown glimpses of nearly two years ago in developmental screen shots, yet now that it's in essence "here", there's not a lot they can do with it promotionally, at least not on an official level it would seem. :unsure:

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1239 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:50 PM

Don't even bother thinking about how this affects TM or what they do.  There's nothing to think about.

#1240 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:58 PM

The introduction of 3D rough grasses to JNPG via a user add-on to Unity presents a bit of a dilemma to Trackman doesn't it?  I mean they can't market it as a feature of the game, since it's not part of the integral package, right?  I wonder if they can even show courses featuring the use of DirectX 11 Grass Shader in their promotional material... I doubt it, but I'm not a marketer or copyright law expert so what do I know?

This has got to be somewhat frustrating for Trackman/Perfect Parallel.  I mean here's the publicly accessible arrival of 3D rough grasses, like we were shown glimpses of nearly two years ago in developmental screen shots, yet now that it's in essence "here", there's not a lot they can do with it promotionally, at least not on an official level it would seem. :unsure:

Has Perfect Golf ever really been promoted?  I feel like you need to stumble into it by accident or go hunting for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users