#1381 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:52 AM

without going over and looking at the game i remember it is in the ingame settings i do believe

it is in settings/ display & HUD at the bottom

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#1382 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:23 PM

Thanks Ron biffa & I played a tourney this morning & it took a couple of shots for it to synchronise so all is well thank you for finding that out.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#1383 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:58 PM

Guys, I've got a really good and easy to follow guide from one of my friends (Terry Brewster) on the XBox One side, as to how to create, invite, and start a game.  Some of its methods might work well on the PC side as well.  I play TGC 2019 95% of the time on my XBox One X,  but I'm going to try it out today on my gaming PC to see how much of this applies to Steam.  Here it is:

A little more detail is, Go to Play now Column,Go down to Create Public Match and hit A. Then you can pick a course,change conditions,etc.
Once you do all that go to Create Match at bottom.Your Friends list will pop up,choose who you want in the match and put a check mark by their name.Once all the players are chosen hit the menu button to send the invites.This gets them in your In-Game party(not to be confused with the MS Chat party).
When all of the players are in the party hit Create match again and Voila! all the people should be placed at the Ready screen. Everyone readies up and away you go.

My suggestion is to not ready up until you see all of the other players characters appear. We've had issues if everyone doesn't wait.

• Charles likes this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1384 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:18 PM

HB_ShaunW:

"Information was always provided when it was available and that continues to be the case. Once something is ready to be discussed or there is news to share about anything we're working on, it will become public. No one is in the dark because there is nothing to discuss at this time."

RichLP68:

"For crying out loud... enough with the corporate gobbledegook... are you working on a golf game or not?
It's not a hard question..."

LOL

I'm with Rich

Link:  http://www.hb-studio....html#msg345442

• cajuncapgun and mebby like this

#1385 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:37 PM

HB_ShaunW:

"Information was always provided when it was available and that continues to be the case. Once something is ready to be discussed or there is news to share about anything we're working on, it will become public. No one is in the dark because there is nothing to discuss at this time."

RichLP68:

"For crying out loud... enough with the corporate gobbledegook... are you working on a golf game or not?
It's not a hard question..."

LOL

I'm with Rich

Link:  http://www.hb-studio....html#msg345442

LOL!  I'm actually a little surprised we don't have SOME information at this time.  Totally agree with Rich though!

• Buck likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#1386 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:39 PM

LOL!  I'm actually a little surprised we don't have SOME information at this time.  Totally agree with Rich though!

I literally laughed out loud when I saw that post..

I'm surprised Shaun didn't get irritated and delete it.

#1387 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 August 2019 - 02:40 AM

You’ll see a new TGC game with a career mode done right via 2k Sports before you’ll see PG2.
  • Joe Habiger likes this

#1388 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 02:49 AM

You’ll see a new TGC game with a career mode done right via 2k Sports before you’ll see PG2.

Well, I don't really expect PG2 or any of its variants down the road, if they were to exist, to ever have career mode type of features.

But on the whole about a new TGC at some point...

Honestly, great!

More golf games is all good..

This niche needs all the love it can get.

#1389 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:21 AM

Guys, I've got a really good and easy to follow guide from one of my friends (Terry Brewster) on the XBox One side, as to how to create, invite, and start a game.  Some of its methods might work well on the PC side as well.  I play TGC 2019 95% of the time on my XBox One X,  but I'm going to try it out today on my gaming PC to see how much of this applies to Steam.  Here it is:

A little more detail is, Go to Play now Column,Go down to Create Public Match and hit A. Then you can pick a course,change conditions,etc.
Once you do all that go to Create Match at bottom.Your Friends list will pop up,choose who you want in the match and put a check mark by their name.Once all the players are chosen hit the menu button to send the invites.This gets them in your In-Game party(not to be confused with the MS Chat party).
When all of the players are in the party hit Create match again and Voila! all the people should be placed at the Ready screen. Everyone readies up and away you go.

My suggestion is to not ready up until you see all of the other players characters appear. We've had issues if everyone doesn't wait.

Thanks for this too. I recently was able to get a matchplay going with Ken and all is well and more to come. I am pleased the way TGC handles the gameplay and the way screens and cams are being used. All in all TGC is starting to become more fun now. A nice 'side step' from JNPG once in a while. ^_^

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#1390 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:04 PM

Ok so there are a ton of courses, how do you go about picking one to play, i don't see any only 4, when they ask you do you want  to change course.

#1391 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 10 August 2019 - 05:54 PM

Ok so there are a ton of courses, how do you go about picking one to play, i don't see any only 4, when they ask you do you want  to change course.

On the screen where it's showing the four courses, look at the very bottom of that page.  There's a box down there labeled "More Filters".  Click on it and it will bring up a couple of dozen ways to search for and select a course, including "search by text".  I usually use it, or Friend's Favorites, or Friends Played.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1392 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:43 AM

Thanks JCat  appreciate it.

#1393 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:42 PM

So what does everyone think of the power fade?

I see that it’s getting play over in the main forum.

That needs to be top of the list to get fixed I think.

#1394 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:40 AM

So what does everyone think of the power fade?

I see that it’s getting play over in the main forum.

That needs to be top of the list to get fixed I think.

I think it freakin' sux! It's an abomination that defies physics and golf intuition.  Nothing chaps my britches more than trying to hit a 100% 3-wood into a green that has water behind the right half of it, only to have a "slow" downswing tempo, which results in a longer carry, a bit more to the right, and wah-lah, this slower swing has put you in the spot that only an over-power slice or push should have. :wacko:   This has happened to me twice in the last three tournaments in which I've played and it has no basis in Newtonian physics!  :angry:

The end result is that if your downswing is fast or slow, you're going to get a greater carry distance.  A slower swing speed should result in less carry, but HBS says that slow downswing doesn't really mean slow, it means "open".   But heck, an open clubface still isn't going to produce more carry than a properly aligned one.... I'm sorry, but that dawg just won't hunt!

• cajuncapgun and Buck like this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1395 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:44 AM

Great write up JC.
So what I’m confused about is this…

Was this by design or was this a bug?

#1396 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:57 PM

Great write up JC.
So what I’m confused about is this…

Was this by design or was this a bug?

It''s by design... ostensibly, which makes it even more confusing to most of us.  I can visualize why my clubface might be open at impact, with a slow downswing; but I simply can't reconcile that with how that slower downswing also results in longer carry.  It does NOT compute!

• ✠ davef ✠ and Buck like this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1397 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:15 PM

It''s by designer... ostensibly, which makes it even more confusing to most of us.  I can visualize why my clubface might be open at impact, with a slow downswing; but I simply can't reconcile that with how that slower downswing also results in longer carry.  It does NOT compute!

My guess is that it has become an unintended consequence (extra distance) of a “slow” downswing. Like you said on the TGC2019 forums, I would be shocked if it’s not fixed in the next edition of the game.

-MERACE
  • JCat04 likes this

#1398 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:54 PM

My guess is that it has become an unintended consequence (extra distance) of a “slow” downswing. Like you said on the TGC2019 forums, I would be shocked if it’s not fixed in the next edition of the game.

-MERACE

So here's my question related to that..

Is it as simple as "fixing it" or with how they've built the swing to operate in all the different outcome combos possible with the tempo system, will that necessitate a full re-think on what the tempo does/doesn't do, etc?

Related also - Has HB (Shaun or anyone else) publicly said or insinuated at least that -  "yeah, we screwed that up - not great - etc"?

I get concerned with HB digging into their decisions on how things work and being resistant to change.  It's a bit of a holdover from the AK days it would seem.  Perhaps just how that studio tends to be maybe?

For instance - the continued resistance to any change about the club sets vs difficulty levels, etc, makes me think they may do the same with anything involving the swing design and tempo, etc.

#1399 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:31 PM

-MERACE

Interesting theory... I haven't thought of that.  It may have very well been an unintended consequence, but I still don't see how it managed to slip through final QA testing?

• Buck likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1400 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:43 PM

So here's my question related to that..

Is it as simple as "fixing it" or with how they've built the swing to operate in all the different outcome combos possible with the tempo system, will that necessitate a full re-think on what the tempo does/doesn't do, etc?

Related also - Has HB (Shaun or anyone else) publicly said or insinuated at least that -  "yeah, we screwed that up - not great - etc"?

I get concerned with HB digging into their decisions on how things work and being resistant to change.  It's a bit of a holdover from the AK days it would seem.  Perhaps just how that studio tends to be maybe?

For instance - the continued resistance to any change about the club sets vs difficulty levels, etc, makes me think they may do the same with anything involving the swing design and tempo, etc.

I  can't imagine that they couldn't fix this.  They make a fast downswing result in a longer carry, why couldn't they make a slow downswing result in a shorter carry?  The only thing I've read where either Craig or Shaun conceded to any fault was in not explaining the tempo dynamics to where people could fully conceive of what's going on with it.  I played the game for 8 or 9 months before I finally read an explanation that I could digest.  At least then I was able to understand the result in the game's universe, even though it didn't jive with Newtonian physics.

I've resigned myself from the difficulty level option.  They aren't going to back down from that.  What I'd like to see is the ability to at least have an option force the club type for all types of multiplayer play: public matchmaking, private matchmaking, Society tournament play.  I wish the tempo affected push/pull and carry distance and swing path affected fade/draw, hook/slice.  I have about 2% hope of that becoming a reality, however, because HBS (I think) sees this as the best way to combat zero axis controllers.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users