1822 replies to this topic

#1401 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:50 PM

I don’t even understand why they care about zero axis controllers, if that is part of the rationale.

It is impossible to stop people who want to cheat. They shouldn’t degrade the experience for the vast majority of the userbase that has no interest in cheating - or even know how one would.

Whatever they do or don’t do with the swing and the physics, I just hope they will let the realities of the sport and real world believable outcomes dictate what they implement.

A real world golfer should find as little as possible, hopefully nothing, in the game that makes her/him scratch their head and wonder “what the hell just happened? - that was weird and should not occur”

To your point, I don’t understand how the power fade resulting in more distance was allowed to proceed.
I don’t believe that they don’t test and didn’t know that it was there, they just seemed to overlook it for other reasons.

That’s not good.
  • JCat04 likes this

#1402 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:21 PM

A real world golfer should find as little as possible, hopefully nothing, in the game that makes her/him scratch their head and wonder “what the hell just happened? - that was weird and should not occur”

i got to say i got a big kick out of this, and yes i have played the game in RL quite a bit in my youth. i grew up on the game

my parents owned a few stores that sold golf stuff as a teen i worked in the columbus, ohio location so yes i have spent a bunch of time playing the game.

TGC has so much stuff going on you would never see in the real game after a few hundred hours i consider it nothing but a arcade game

now im not going into detail as i hate typing and could spend hours with my complaints. but i do still like it as it helps kill time for me

being disabled with major mobility issues. so yes i go there to play tourneys and i do like the random match play you can play against other players. now on the JNPG side i do have some complaints and there have been times i have said to myself you would never see that in real life. this game here is so much more the real deal that the bulk of my playing time is spent on JNPG.

TGC is no where as good as game the courses here are a ton better then TGC with all the crap you have to wade through to find the good courses. i do not find the graphics any better on TGC then what we have here.

nuff said

• LeazesNDR, Buck, Greensboronclion and 1 other like this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#1403 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:50 PM

I pretty much agree Dave and enjoy playing TGC but still prefer PG but not being able to play controller kills it for me at PG. I guess it's all about making the 3C guys happy at PGLS but you would think they would open it up to controllers again as players have to be getting tired of the same guy winning by 20 blows every week. If TGC could fix the swing as mentioned above it would get all my play as it's just got more bells and whistles and no 3C. Just my 2 cents.

#1404 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:53 PM

I pretty much agree Dave and enjoy playing TGC but still prefer PG but not being able to play controller kills it for me at PG. I guess it's all about making the 3C guys happy at PGLS but you would think they would open it up to controllers again as players have to be getting tired of the same guy winning by 20 blows every week. If TGC could fix the swing as mentioned above it would get all my play as it's just got more bells and whistles and no 3C. Just my 2 cents.

What is the concern about controllers at PGLS?

Cheating?

Isn't the community of PG players so small and well known at this point that it shouldn't really be an issue?

You'd think that PG related sites/forums would be as open as possible given the hyper niche of the PG audience, particularly if you're a controller player and/or non-Simulator.

• ✠ davef ✠ and Greensboronclion like this

#1405 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:21 AM

It's a 3C league and simple and the ban on controllers is for the known cheats but truth is any RTS swing can't compete with the few 3C guys. This week -60 will win and next closest is -35 and to behonest why bother and try to play. I want to use my controller and am lucky to break par but the ruling party there is all 3C. Sad but hey I got solo rounds and TGC.

#1406 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:48 AM

-60 through 4 rounds?
Goodness..

#1407 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:26 AM

It's a 3C league and simple and the ban on controllers is for the known cheats but truth is any RTS swing can't compete with the few 3C guys. This week -60 will win and next closest is -35 and to behonest why bother and try to play. I want to use my controller and am lucky to break par but the ruling party there is all 3C. Sad but hey I got solo rounds and TGC.

It's 3C they should ban not controller, the visual aid of meter distances is an exploit in itself.  You play 3C for a few weeks and you have distance control down to a few feet, you will never do that with RTS.  The most important aspect for scoring is also made easy in 3C..putting! great distance control and a slower meter.  Of course i'm joking about banning 3C, but the prejudice against controller is a bit of a joke considering the help you get with the 3C swing in comparison to RTS.

The sad fact is that controller should have its own healthy highly populated tour, but PG has never really been marketed properly, controller play was never in from the get go and potential early buyers peeked over the fence of this gated community, saw there was no controller and never thought to return when it was eventually implemented.  Shame but thats the bottom line and there is no changing it,  it's dead.

• slouis, Greensboronclion and Charles like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1408 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:26 AM

personally got no problem with controllers returning, anyone wishing to cheat would be sad. -60...if i'm lucky but no point not going for scores, just how I play.

as for tgc, I just can't put my finger on it, but I keep returning to jnpg rather than play more tgc. using the mouse swing on it and even learning to play part shots around the green but putting is just odd and green roll on approaches is a little off imho. dunno, just something about the game isn't dragging me in, only my opinion. the game does look quite nice but I move the mouse, press z to speed the shot up, rinse and repeat. I find I think more around the course in jnpg.

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#1409 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:20 PM

personally got no problem with controllers returning, anyone wishing to cheat would be sad. -60...if i'm lucky but no point not going for scores, just how I play.

as for tgc, I just can't put my finger on it, but I keep returning to jnpg rather than play more tgc. using the mouse swing on it and even learning to play part shots around the green but putting is just odd and green roll on approaches is a little off imho. dunno, just something about the game isn't dragging me in, only my opinion. the game does look quite nice but I move the mouse, press z to speed the shot up, rinse and repeat. I find I think more around the course in jnpg.

Andy I have no doubt you play 3C at another level and nobody does it better than you at this point but the hate for controller by some at PGLS I never understood. At Links2003 my scoring average was around 60 and to be honest when PG came out I vowed not to play it as it was imo boring and an older swing so I started with MS. I also moved to 3C and broke that vow early on so I could compete and if you go way back in the 2nd year I had some events at -35 at TP level but quit 3C as the boredom set in and switched to RTS and haven't sniffed it since. I have often thought if players were forced to play a different swing each week we would have seen more people try the swing but then thought no they just wouldn't play. It's sad as the game is much more fun shooting 68 and working your tail off for it then hitting a mark and shooting 60. We the controller people belong on tour and why we are not is just wrong. Your the best player out there and if for one week you played with another swing I guarantee others would take notice and maybe the game down the line would be better off.

#1410 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:28 PM

The damage to RTS controller happened a couple of years ago with the early cheating scandals and forum in-fighting. OGT RTS Tour alone had about 100 players back then.

For the record, controllers were never banned from OGT, they were just not allowed to compete in GROSS. They were still allowed in NET. Although, I think the OGT PC admins might have decided to change their policy and now allow controllers to compete in GROSS again.
  • Greensboronclion likes this

#1411 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:12 PM

i'M JUST PLAYING THE OCEAN OLYMPIC CLUB S.F.and hole 14 is in the rough This is nuts.

If only TGC played like JNPG it would be the King all golf games.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#1412 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:37 AM

Not seen any solution on how to make screen smaller so you can open other apps. By luck i  found it ,hit Windows Key & Tab key same time & WOW all apps appear on the screen.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#1413 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:35 PM

Not seen any solution on how to make screen smaller so you can open other apps. By luck i  found it ,hit Windows Key & Tab key same time & WOW all apps appear on the screen.

I think I discovered the same thing - by accident - a few years back myself Kenneth.  I've always played full screen with Perfect Golf and TGC, although I rarely play TGC 2019 on the PC these days... not because I don't like it, but because I'm so heavily invested in Societies and friends list on XBox One X.  I did try playing TGC 2019 in windowed mode once, just to see if it had any effect on performance... it didn't.  My performance is very good with it on my PC (60 FPS), but I don't have everything cranked to the max.  I'm probably about 80 to 85% of the max to achieve that.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1414 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:55 PM

I think I've figured out lidar. The open street map thing was odd but it makes sense to me now. Gonna try Cherry Hills first.

Have some original stuff burning a hole in my hard drive to get out first.
  • cajuncapgun likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#1415 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:57 PM

It's hard to figure out which "no longer updated" game to make courses for!   :D lol

(joking TGC people - joking - hopefully a new version is really in the works)

#1416 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:08 PM

There's really nothing for me to do for PG until I learn 3D grass (beta testers have said as much) so you probably won't get anything PG wise from me until that happens.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#1417 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:10 PM

There's really nothing for me to do for PG until I learn 3D grass (beta testers have said as much) so you probably won't get anything PG wise from me until that happens.

All good by me - I was just teasing really..

I can barely enjoyably play any of the 3DG courses so far anyhow until I get a new GPU...  

Not sure when that might be.  Hopefully this year.

#1418 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:20 AM

Well Matt, with your portfolio there is no problem there! :lol: All your designs are right up there, regardless of 3DG. Fantastic, very playable courses all of them. Do hope you master the 3DG though and join the '3DG-gang'! :P I'm sure you have some new design ideas up your sleeve?.. :rolleyes: . So here's hoping!! :wub: 

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#1419 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:34 PM

APB for Anthony Kyne.... Anthony, got your ears on?  I'd like to know what you think has happened with the deletion of Augusta National name and course file in TGC 2019, and the censoring of the name "Magnolia" in any course name.  I can still play Magnolia National because it's in my favorites, but it comes up as ******** National (Tour) when I play it.  Those searching for it who do not have it cannot find it or play it.

Does this sound like a Cease & Desist order from Augusta National Golf Club to you?  If so, do you think that ANGC would have gone so far as to name "Magnolia National" in their threat, even though it doesn't carry the Augusta National name?  I'm just wondering if HBS maybe went a little overboard with their censoring of the Magnolia in Magnolia National, since it is such a faithful rendition of the course?  This has created a ****-storm in the Golf Club official forum, I know that.!

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1420 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:24 PM

That's what comes with having a PGA tour license, its pathetic but i'm surprised its taken them this long.  If ANGC have got all precious even about Magnolia then bollocks to them, not a great course imo anyway, iconic yes, brilliant...nah!

Qaaa8vE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users