#1481 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:10 PM

I have not been following this as I have been playing JNPG again since the controller is now allowed again in tournaments.  By the way with all that was done to get the controller back and all that have chimed in about it you would think we would have more playing but as of today I am the only one playing with a controller at PGLS and to me that's just a crying shame.  Come on guys come on back and at least play one event a week.

#1482 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:33 PM

I might just give it a go... I'm kinda curious to see if the funk my game is in now in TGC 2019, now that I'm having to use the stock XBox One controller, after my Elite controller broke 6 weeks ago, will transfer over to JNPG.  I hope I can remember my password at PGLS... it's been quite a spell  B)

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1483 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:01 PM

I'm hoping to get more time once summer is over, i don't wanna start back now then not be able to finish an event.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1484 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:06 PM

Did anybody see the new thread over there that an HB rep started trying to distract people by asking what they use in their golf bag in real life?

Two of the users had some absolutely first class trolling in response…

“Usually I go with the driver made by ******* off the tee because of it's superior tempo. My irons are ****** and I carry a ** thru *********. My wedges are great in wind ****s and I couldn't be happier with the swing plane. Finally, my putter is the same one that ***** ***** used when he was on top of the world.”

Also..

“In my magnolia coloured golf bag I have a Melbourne putter, a set of Augusta irons, a Masters 3W, and an Azalea driver.
The one thing I'd replace is my ******* with a ********* ****”

LMAO
Ace. They win the thread.

Seriously though they are getting everything they deserve over there with the responses.

Won’t matter one iota anyhow, as I’m sure any kind of new release will instantly heal all the wounds and hurt feelings and the crowd will be back in love with HB.

#1485 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:00 PM

Yeah, that thread was a distraction from the git-go.  They're doing more and more to erode their image.  I've given up having a meaningful discussion anymore. 

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1486 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:10 PM

Yeah, that thread was a distraction from the git-go. They're doing more and more to erode their image. I've given up having a meaningful discussion anymore.

It seems like HB has given up on the meaningful discussion also.
Do you think 2K is totally taking over?

Or alternatively maybe there just is no new game but there is perhaps a course pack or Presidents cup add on to the 2019 game, as you have suggested I believe.

I just don’t even understand what they are doing. They may as well just close the forum down for a while if all they are going to do is delete posts and not allow actual discussion on anything

#1487 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:07 PM

Some sensitive tw*t has just permo banned me from their forum. All because I suggested they put in some new sets of clubs along with a new forum moderator.

HB Studio have treated their customers like shit by ignoring them, they have erased some peoples courses which involved many hours of hard graft to make, and they cant handle the flak they get back.

"Whats in your bag" indeedy. :D

#1488 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:08 AM

It seems like HB has given up on the meaningful discussion also.
Do you think 2K is totally taking over?

Or alternatively maybe there just is no new game but there is perhaps a course pack or Presidents cup add on to the 2019 game, as you have suggested I believe.

I just don’t even understand what they are doing. They may as well just close the forum down for a while if all they are going to do is delete posts and not allow actual discussion on anything

I don't know whether it's 2K taking over, or somebody at or near the top of HB Studios reaching their breaking point.  There were some spirited, somewhat contentious threads underway in mid to late August, last year.   Up to that point, we'd had some very informative discussions with HB Studios CEO, Alan Bunker.  I was sensing that some of posts being made were getting personal and out of line by some of the posters.  Some were getting deleted and some were getting edited.  Finally, the TGC 2019 forum section got shutdown for a few days, wiped, and reset.  A lot of good information, data, hints, ideas and suggestions were lost when that happened.

When the TGC 2019 forum was reopened, Alan Bunker was no longer participating.  His forum status changed from "HB_Alan" (admin) to HB_Alan (guest) during the shutdown, and we haven't heard a peep out of him since.  I noticed also with his withdrawal, the level of interaction with the other devs who had been active in discussion became far less active in the forum.  I can't find any reason for laying that on 2K, but who knows?

• Buck and Charles like this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1489 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 28 August 2019 - 06:19 AM

Apparently Royal Melbourne is gone too so who knows what will happen. I've only just started working on some real courses for that platform so maybe I oughta think twice about it...

That course has been resubmitted by the designer as Melburn

#1490 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 28 August 2019 - 06:35 AM

I don't know whether it's 2K taking over, or somebody at or near the top of HB Studios reaching their breaking point.  There were some spirited, somewhat contentious threads underway in mid to late August, last year.   Up to that point, we'd had some very informative discussions with HB Studios CEO, Alan Bunker.  I was sensing that some of posts being made were getting personal and out of line by some of the posters.  Some were getting deleted and some were getting edited.  Finally, the TGC 2019 forum section got shutdown for a few days, wiped, and reset.  A lot of good information, data, hints, ideas and suggestions were lost when that happened. When the TGC 2019 forum was reopened, Alan Bunker was no longer participating.  His forum status changed from "HB_Alan" (admin) to HB_Alan (guest) during the shutdown, and we haven't heard a peep out of him since.  I noticed also with his withdrawal, the level of interaction with the other devs who had been active in discussion became far less active in the forum.  I can't find any reason for laying that on 2K, but who knows?

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing this information. It explains why I got the feeling the community over there was kind of .. mm .. odd at times. Cant quite put it into words. Reading stuff here & there on the HB forum it kind of felt detached a bit. Different from what i'm used to read on this forum anyway.  Reading your comments does explain some of it i guess. Whatever, it looks there are some serious problems lurking in the background there..

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#1491 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:50 PM

That course has been resubmitted by the designer as Melburn

Thanks Davy, I'll make sure I play it today so it will be in my "My Courses Played" or possibly "My Favorites"  courses folder!  It's been so long since I played it, I forgot what my impressions of it were of it then.

• LeazesNDR likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1492 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:00 PM

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing this information. It explains why I got the feeling the community over there was kind of .. mm .. odd at times. Cant quite put it into words. Reading stuff here & there on the HB forum it kind of felt detached a bit. Different from what i'm used to read on this forum anyway.  Reading your comments does explain some of it i guess. Whatever, it looks there are some serious problems lurking in the background there..

Charles, the HB Studios forum you see today is nothing like what we had 5 years ago, or even a year ago.  Alan Bunker was very helpful and informative in the forum.  Something seemed to set him off royally.  It could be an Executive Board decision, or just a CEO decision, but that point in history signaled a major change in HB Studios posture with the public.  It's almost 180 degrees out of phase with what I'd grown accustomed to prior to late last August.

I have a feeling that once a new TGC product is announced, it's going to surprise us, and will likely exceed what many of us are expecting.  At the same time, its swing interface will rise up to be the most criticized aspect of the game, even though I expect there will be some changes to it.  I fear that whatever changes they do make to the swing interface, tempo will still be the primary determinant in whether the shot hooks or slices, draws or fades... I hope I'm wrong on that though.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1493 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:05 PM

The censoring of Augusta is one thing, I suppose that shouldn't be a huge surprise since we know the ANGC has a history.

The one thing that bothers me though is the fella that did a recreation of course actually called Magnolia National, which is a real course in Mobile, Alabama that has nothing to do with Augusta or the Masters. I think that's an unfortunate example of overreach - at what point do you start copyrighting words? I realize some people use Magnolia National as a pseudonym, but in this case it's something else entirely.

Our Digital Sportspage Society's Daily tournament today is being played at your Parkland Municipal course.  I haven't played the course yet, but I haven't played a course you've made to date, on either game, that wasn't top drawer.  I'll let you know how its received.  This Society plays on XBox One, and I think most of the guys in our Society are playing on an XBox One X.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1494 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:05 PM

I'm hoping to get more time once summer is over, i don't wanna start back now then not be able to finish an event.

I'm not surprised by anything HB do, i called em out and got banned after they failed to make much needed changes to the original game, instead they opted for the cash cow that was TGC 2 and what a shower of shit that game was, it was actually worse than the original!  They have a terrible record with sports games full stop and it beats me why people think this current version is any good either, its crap.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1495 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 28 August 2019 - 05:45 PM

Our Digital Sportspage Society's Daily tournament today is being played at your Parkland Municipal course.  I haven't played the course yet, but I haven't played a course you've made to date, on either game, that wasn't top drawer.  I'll let you know how its received.  This Society plays on XBox One, and I think most of the guys in our Society are playing on an XBox One X.

Parkland?

I have to laugh, because TGC Tours just told me they rejected it, although I have yet to find out why.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#1496 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 28 August 2019 - 06:20 PM

Parkland?

I have to laugh, because TGC Tours just told me they rejected it, although I have yet to find out why.

I play the CC Tour-E Tour at TGC Tours, but I couldn't begin to tell you what their criteria is for classifying courses as "Tournament" courses.  Somewhere they spell out what that criteria is.  I find that a lot of the courses they anoint seem to be a bit "tricked up".  I know you don't put anything artificial or "forced" looking in your courses.  I co-manage the Digital Sportspage Society.  I'm in charge of setting up the Monday thru Wednesday "Daily" tournaments that are 18 holes each.  We don't specify a criteria other than non-fantasy courses... we welcome fictional courses as long as they look like something that could really be built and played using conventional means  B)

I'll have some feedback for you on it tomorrow...  Oh, I guess you've seen that there's a problem right now with course play totals being updated after up to hundreds of confirmed additional plays?  They "say" they're looking into it... and they may very well be... they certainly aren't answering questions about deleted courses and censored course names!  ^_^

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1497 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 06:35 PM

@JC..

HB representatives told me that **** would be ****** so it should be ******

So that’s exciting to hear

#1498 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 28 August 2019 - 06:58 PM

@JC..

HB representatives told me that **** would be ****** so it should be ******

So that’s exciting to hear

Well that's a start! At least somebody is getting some results  B)

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1499 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:02 PM

When I created Augusta National for World Golf Challenge (Started it back in CustomPlay Golf 2) I released it and the website I released it to had a cease and desist given to them. I was told it was because I had the name Masters in it and that is one thing ANGC will not tolerate because they are known for The Masters. I renamed it Magnolia National and never heard a peep and I had the real 3d clubhouse, scoreboards and cabins even BUT I did have to take the text down on the first hole scoreboard that said Masters. 

I don't think it is because of the name because they cannot do anything. We are not profiting from the course in question either so it would be very hard to win. I'm not sure why HB is doing this because it has nothing to do with getting ANGC if they got it for the new game because this is 2019 not 2020.

I am not afraid of ANGC anymore, I am not afraid of any golf club because they are ways around the issues. I can even play my version of Hazeltine National at a winter simulator place around here still yet.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#1500 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:16 PM

That particular course isn't really a tournament course anyway; I made it very short and easy because I remember some posts on HB that were requesting shorter and easier courses for beginners and sim players. I thought I'd just submit all five of them and see what happened; the other four got accepted.

I think the primary issue was that some of the greens were too easy... which actually isn't surprising as it is a criticism I've been getting about almost all of my courses, even going back to the Links days. Maybe that's a tendency I have... but then again I've never been a very good putter in any of these games. I'm not sure what it is about reading virtual greens but I think I have more success reading real greens.

And I agree that a lot of those "tournament" courses suffer from the same sort of tricked up effect I see in other design-driven titles - generally the courses are always a lot more eye-popping with detail than I'm capable of doing, but the actual design of the course gets into a bit of a silly area. You don't need 14 holes with triple fairways.

I went and downloaded the highest rated non-fiction course on the TGC Tours list, and couldn't finish it, it was so Mickey Mouse. One hole had a tree about 30 yards out directly in front of a tee box.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users