Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:10 AM

I thought they were all the same game... :D

Ha.
Sadly this is more true than it should be.

I think an honest TGC fan would probably say that each version has had elements they would prefer to have still.
  • Tigers Agent likes this

#1582 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:47 AM

TGC 2 was an abomination, 2019 aint that much better... $5.99 is $5 too much.  2019 fluctuates wildly, its always on sale more often than not.  It never ceases to amaze me how poor the series is.

Lack of spin,  lack of feel to any kind of short game shot, janky and needless tempo, horrible textures that only come to life when facing a low sun and we've all seen the hideous bunkers...All in all a clueless, badly executed golf game.

On a side note Rory PGA tour seems alive and well in a multiplayer sense, i have joined many sessions with 3 randoms since i started playing it and never failed to get a game, try doing that on TGC, you will be lucky to find one person.  Only the guys at TGCT keeps it going.

• Buck, Greensboronclion and Charles like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1583 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:50 AM

TGC 2 was an abomination, 2019 aint that much better... $5.99 is $5 too much.  2019 fluctuates wildly, its always on sale more often than not.  It never ceases to amaze me how poor the series is.
Lack of spin,  lack of feel to any kind of short game shot, janky and needless tempo, horrible textures that only come to life when facing a low sun and we've all seen the hideous bunkers...All in all a clueless, badly executed golf game.

All in all a clueless, badly executed golf game.

Don't you mean "the best golf simulation out there?"
Pretty sure that's how some of that crowd describes it..

Makes me laugh out loud most times I see it

#1584 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:50 AM

Yeah its baffling how they can overlook the obvious game breaking flaws, but i guess if someone just enjoys playing it then its ok on a personal level...just not for me.

• Buck likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1585 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:08 AM

I enjoy it.  JNPG seems so lonely playing by my self. TGC does give you the feeling your not alone on the course and the vista helps with the boats & planes.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#1586 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:30 AM

The titanic has shifted more than the boats in TGC, they don't move at all.  Don't know why you would not feel alone in TGC as opposed to PG, they both convey that solo round at a 1 member golf club feel.  Sure TGC has crowds but they are far from immersive, they look like extras from twin peaks, and the way they shuffle from foot to foot tells me they have been drafted in from the local incontinence support group.

• Greensboronclion likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1587 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:33 AM

Still $50 for the "current" release

https://store.steamp...uring_PGA_TOUR/

By "current" we mean over a year old and not updated anytime in 2019

Wonder when PG will see a discount?

#1588 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:08 PM

Wonder when PG will see a discount?

My guess would be "never" and then one day it will simply no longer be for sale.

#1589 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:03 PM

I enjoy it.  JNPG seems so lonely playing by my self. TGC does give you the feeling your not alone on the course and the vista helps with the boats & planes.

That was what I liked about TWO, others playing simultaneously. The chatholes ruined it alot though...

#1590 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:47 PM

If you want to feel truly "alone" in the TGC world, you go to the HB forum and ask a question directly to the HB staff about course censorship..

(silence like you've never before experienced..)

#1591 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:52 PM

The HB web site for several weeks now is being reported as a "dangerous web site" and blocked by my security software. Anyone seeing that besides me?

Ken

#1592 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 08:51 PM

The HB web site for several weeks now is being reported as a "dangerous web site" and blocked by my security software. Anyone seeing that besides me?

Their over moderation and censorship is pretty sad...but I’d stop short of calling it dangerous

Lol

That said - I like how your security software is thinking there..

#1593 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:42 AM

lol

rn8Dzsa.png

#1594 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:39 PM

@JC

What's going over there?

Signs of life or Shaun just trolling the fish of the forum waters?

NBA game cancelled 'eh?

Was that confirmed that HB was working on it, or just speculation?

#1595 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:29 PM

Ouch Shaun

D.D. with the historical knowledge burn...

D67Z0mY.png

#1596 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 31 October 2019 - 03:28 PM

@JC

What's going over there?

Signs of life or Shaun just trolling the fish of the forum waters?

NBA game cancelled 'eh?

Was that confirmed that HB was working on it, or just speculation?

The coincidence of Shaun's re-emergence coming on the heels of the NBA Live 20 cancelled announcement sort of tells me they could have been pretty heavily invested in a role as a sub-contractor, resource wise.  It was confirmed that they worked with EA Sports on NBA Live 18 and 19, but I can't find any credible source to confirm that for 20.  The speculation of EA Sports bringing HB Studios onboard for 20, began in July when EA Sports announced they were 'taking a different approach' with the development of NBA 20, leading to a delay.

It was rumored that NBA Live 20 was going to be a free to play title, laced with plenty of add-on premium DLC.  I don't know that we'll ever get the full story as to why it was cancelled.  I thought they had a shot a narrowing the gap between them and NBA 2K 20, which is not getting the usual doting reception this year.  I played the demo of NBA 2K 20 and didn't like it as much as I did NBA Live 19, to be honest.

I think it bares watching Shaun and perhaps Craig's posture and increased presence in the forum over the next couple of weeks to see if they don't become even more communicative over the next couple of weeks.  That would be a further barometer to gauge how the NBA Live 20 cancellation plays into their future.  

• Buck likes this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1597 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:40 PM

I think it bares watching Shaun and perhaps Craig's posture and increased presence in the forum over the next couple of weeks to see if they don't become even more communicative over the next couple of weeks.  That would be a further barometer to gauge how the NBA Live 20 cancellation plays into their future.

Hope you're right..

Hard to disagree with "TitanEddie" at the moment... (below)

"Pretty sure the stuff about the tumbleweeds was just mocking other posters.
It's obvious there's zero desire to engage in any real conversation about their game.
Interesting strategy to say the least..."

#1598 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 31 October 2019 - 07:42 PM

I am still playing TW13 on my PS3 while travelling in the RV and getting home Sunday. I think I will break out Rory again and play it some but really hyped that we may see NCAA football again down the line. Haven't played PG in a while and might when I go home but not as much as I used to as it's just not immersive enough for me. I have NBA19 and 2K19 and thought EA version made strides last year but still prefer 2K. This new college rule on paying guys also means we could see a college basketball game again and would love to see 2K20 in college hoops. To much other good stuff to play to waste time on TGC or PG for that matter. Did I mention Super Mega Baseball 2.
  • scajjr29 and Buck like this

#1599 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 01 November 2019 - 02:56 PM

I am still playing TW13 on my PS3 while travelling in the RV and getting home Sunday. I think I will break out Rory again and play it some but really hyped that we may see NCAA football again down the line. Haven't played PG in a while and might when I go home but not as much as I used to as it's just not immersive enough for me. I have NBA19 and 2K19 and thought EA version made strides last year but still prefer 2K. This new college rule on paying guys also means we could see a college basketball game again and would love to see 2K20 in college hoops. To much other good stuff to play to waste time on TGC or PG for that matter. Did I mention Super Mega Baseball 2.

I go between TW 13 and 10 occasionally.  Those two and NCAA Football 2014 are the only reasons I still keep my XBox 360 still plugged into my system.  I loved the True Aim camera production in 13, especially in multiplayer mode, and the precision putting (which had ZERO hourglass/putt strength scaling effect) and 180 degree, reverse angle camera cut views on TW 10.  Most people didn't realize it, but you could make Tiger Woods 10 play as tough as you wanted to by manually reducing the size of the sweetspot on ALL of your clubs.  For example, I reduced my driver sweetspot from the default 22% to 8%.  I went from hitting 95% FIRs to 60% FIRs with that adjustment.

It's interesting how people have so many different reasons they prefer one year's TW game to the other, yet just about everyone has one year's game that they really liked.  A lot of people loved TW 14, but it didn't even have a "True Aim" camera presentation camera and I never bought into the thumbstick gymnastics with the diagonal swing with the left stick, while holding aim on a targeting cursor with the right stick it used in its simulation modeI.  Yeah, it made the difficulty ramp up considerably, but the scaling of the diagonal swing with the stick to in essence hit a draw or a fade was counter-intuitive for me. 

I'd love for TW 10 or 13 to be backward compatible on the XBox One X.  It'd be cool to see what the games looked like, upscaled to 4K res.  I know it's not possible though, just as it wouldn't be for any game with a professional sports league or association license. 

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1600 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 05:22 PM

I go between TW 13 and 10 occasionally.  

I loved the True Aim camera production in 13, especially in multiplayer mode, and the precision putting (which had ZERO hourglass/putt strength scaling effect) and 180 degree, reverse angle camera cut views on TW 10.  

I sure wish I had TW13 to try out..

Was that a digital download?  I wonder if I might have bought it that way and forgotten about it.

I have to poke around and figure that out on my PS3 next time I fire it up.

You've always mentioned how much you loved 13 - love to try it sometime..

I really hate how tightly they tied distance into that aiming arrow thing in 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users