JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:30 PM

I sure wish I had TW13 to try out..

Was that a digital download?  I wonder if I might have bought it that way and forgotten about it.

I have to poke around and figure that out on my PS3 next time I fire it up.

You've always mentioned how much you loved 13 - love to try it sometime..

I really hate how tightly they tied distance into that aiming arrow thing in 2014

I bought it as a digital download, but it was also available on disk.  It's clearly not as difficult and challenging as TW 14, with the diagonal swing and targeting stick requirements of the latter, but it was just so elegant and flowing in its presentation in True Aim mode.  It also had a functional and believable broadcast presentation mode.  TW 14 didn't have a True Aim mode period, and it's broadcast mode resulted in broken, buried, obscure, and too distant cut views 75% of the time, or more.  I burned out on the follow cam mode by the time Tiger Woods 2007 released, and that was the only presentation mode that worked anywhere near like it was supposed to in Tiger 14.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1602 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:50 PM

thx JC
I have to try that at some point

#1603 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:48 AM

I sure wish I had TW13 to try out..
Was that a digital download?  I wonder if I might have bought it that way and forgotten about it.
I have to poke around and figure that out on my PS3 next time I fire it up.

You've always mentioned how much you loved 13 - love to try it sometime..

I really hate how tightly they tied distance into that aiming arrow thing in 2014

Buck just go on eBay and you can buy a hard copy of TW13.

#1604 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:36 PM

Buck just go on eBay and you can buy a hard copy of TW13.

Unfortunately my PS3 drive acts up a bit and I’m not sure it actually works anymore.

I’d bought a preowned NHL2k game a while back and it wouldn’t read.
I thought it was the disc and so I found a sealed/new one and that also didn’t work —- so... might be my drive unfortunately.

#1605 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:24 PM

Unfortunately my PS3 drive acts up a bit and I’m not sure it actually works anymore.

I’d bought a preowned NHL2k game a while back and it wouldn’t read.
I thought it was the disc and so I found a sealed/new one and that also didn’t work —- so... might be my drive unfortunately.

It sounds like you might have a defective drive in your PS3.  I know I had to replace the drive in my PS3  in 2013 after it started having trouble reading disks, both standard and Blu-ray.  It wasn't that hard, but I'm not sure it would be worth the money and effort to replace one now, especially just for one game.  We were using it quite a bit at the time to play Blu-ray movies, but most of my gaming was being done on the XBox 360.

• Buck likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1606 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:47 PM

Yeah. I think so too, but you hit it on the head.
Way too much effort/time to just try out one game

#1607 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:10 AM

It's so odd to me that people like Shaun are participating in threads where people are shooting the breeze back and forth about things like "how the 2019 launch was handled", etc..

jIb5qAI.png

Like - are the lights still on, or is he just paid to occasionally pop in and make sure nobody is breaking forum rules and mentioning "Augusta"?

#1608 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:43 PM

It's so odd to me that people like Shaun are participating in threads where people are shooting the breeze back and forth about things like "how the 2019 launch was handled", etc..

jIb5qAI.png

Like - are the lights still on, or is he just paid to occasionally pop in and make sure nobody is breaking forum rules and mentioning "Augusta"?

I think they're just trying to maintain a pulse and give people the impression that someone is still driving the ship.  Notice that they are not being lured into mentioning anything about a successor to 2019?

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1609 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:56 PM

I think they're just trying to maintain a pulse and give people the impression that someone is still driving the ship.

To what end or for what purpose?

I guess the hope is that it means that "something new" will exist eventually?

#1610 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:30 PM

Saying nothing is better than saying there are no plans for another golf game at this time?

#1611 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:38 PM

Saying nothing is better than saying there are no plans for another golf game at this time?

Yeah, I agree with that approach.  Saying nothing doesn't mean there's not a new game in the works, but it also doesn't hold you accountable for anything either.  Were they to say there are no plans for a another golf game at this time, it would create an atmosphere of impending doom.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1612 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:54 AM

Yeah, I agree with that approach.  Saying nothing doesn't mean there's not a new game in the works, but it also doesn't hold you accountable for anything either.  Were they to say there are no plans for a another golf game at this time, it would create an atmosphere of impending doom.

It's almost like you're suggesting that "saying nothing" is saying....nothing..   :lol:

It sounds like you're perhaps more hopeful than I am about TGC's future.

Frankly, HB's communications have very much mirrored what happened here for so long...and where are we?

Dead in the water nearly 2 years after the last actual update to PG1.

#1613 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:11 AM

I am not waiting for a new game from them. Just fix the present faults in TGC19. What's so difficult about that? Gameplay still can use a good polishjob here and there. Instead of bringing out a new game everytime what's wrong with bringing out some updates?.. $$$ maybe?.. Sigh. :angry:

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#1614 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:56 AM

There is no money in updating, they have a history of releasing half baked games then releasing a half baked sequel.  As long as the money is rolling in they care not.  The current version is barely any different from the first game, a failed tempo addition and some minor things is all that separates 3 versions.  They should have stripped the game to the core and improved every shot mechanic.  Chipping, flopping and pitching have never really changed, if anything the are worse.  Hopefully they will slip away to obscurity and a skilled knowledgeable dev company will see the gap in the market, unlikely but here's to hoping.

• Charles likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1615 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:56 AM

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/the-golf-club-2019-featuring-the-pga-tour-pc/

#1616 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:08 AM

Save your money

I don’t like the idea of putting any more money in the pocket of a dev team that outright abandoned that title nearly a full year ago at this point. 

#1617 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:58 AM

https://www.greenman...he-pga-tour-pc/

THE POWER OF INTROS - The video on the store page makes it look so good...shame its dog shit!

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1618 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:26 PM

I can think of lots of games through the years that had great intros and promises.. but..

#1619 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:50 PM

Least HB decided to put it on some kind of sale. Wonder if that other abandoned golf game will ever go down in price🤔

#1620 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 December 2019 - 05:06 PM

Least HB decided to put it on some kind of sale. Wonder if that other abandoned golf game will ever go down in price

It was on sale 5 weeks after release because it was never a £45 game to begin with, by having a PGA tour logo fly across the screen they thought it justified the price.  In truth the license is not even close to be full....Limited courses, and for a game that boasts 100k plus courses..lol  zero tour players and a tour that the only difficulty comes with forcing you to play in ever increasing winds, and forces you to play crap courses that bare no comparison with the real events...They call this a license!  Game is on sale for £13 and thats about all its worth.

• Affo, Buck and Greensboronclion like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users