#1621 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:45 PM

All that you posted I could care less about. I just asked a simple question as to when the other abandoned golf game will go on sale.

#1622 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:50 PM

All that you posted I could care less about. I just asked a simple question as to when the other abandoned golf game will go on sale.

Rory is no longer for sale

#1623 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:05 PM

Yeah, that’s not the one I was thinking of.

#1624 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:41 AM

Someday I hope somebody gets a Golf game right just one time in my life is all I ask.  Sad as all TGC2019 is different from TGC is a PGA license and they didn't even do that right.

• Buck likes this

#1625 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:57 AM

It is refreshing at least that some of the Stockholm Syndrome over on HB’s forums has been remedied...

Granted, many there are still just outrageous and unrealistic optimists that seem to think everything that happens is yet another twist and turn in the grand scheme and master plan for the inevitable ultimate new 2kTGC2021 that will gloriously come with a new non Unity engine that blows away Frostbite, full PGA roster, epic 1st and 3rd party courses on real PGA tours, supreme real world physics...

..and everything else they seem to conjure up while in their dreaming pajama’s at the keyboard..

#1626 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:36 PM

A friend of mine recommended that I purchase TGC 2019 as it is on sale for $20 CAD.  In fact everyone in our regular foursome bought it and we will be having our first matchplay in a few days.  I have now played it for about 15 hours and it is better than I expected.  I still prefer JNPG's RTSM not only because it is synchronizes the movement of the avatar to the movement of the mouse but it mimics a real golf swing better than the mouse swing in TGC.  With RTSM you can shape your shots using your mouse movement and tempo so no gamey options  like using shot shapers required.  I'm having a lot of trouble with the chipping, pitches, and flops as there doesn't seem to be much feel involved.   You can also chip out of a bunker which is strange. The putting is tougher than JNPG because there is only one view so gauging the weight is all feel. 

The lighting in TGC is superior to JNPG and the buildings and objects look way better.  My understanding is that this due to TGC using a more up to date version of Unity.  There are also some nice graphic touches such as ball creating a roll line in the sand. The sound when you hit a ball is impressive although oddly enough you get this same sound with a added sand sound when hitting out of greenside bunker instead of a thump.

The biggest plus of TGC for me is being able to create your own avatar which is a real hoot.  All in all, with JNPG currently in limbo in regards to further development, TGC 2019 is a good alternative for cyber golf.

RTSM - Pro

#1627 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:25 PM

The sound when you hit a ball is impressive although oddly enough you get this same sound with a added sand sound when hitting out of greenside bunker instead of a thump.

Yeah - that sort of kills the enjoyment of the sound 

#1628 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:26 PM

All in all, with JNPG currently in limbo in regards to further development, TGC 2019 is a good alternative for cyber golf.

Ironically (and somewhat sadly), you could swap the locations of “JNPG” and “TGC 2019” in this sentence and it’s equally true.

#1629 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:04 AM

I have not touched TGC2019 in a while and now that i am Florida bound for the rest ot the winter I wont be playing JNPG also/ I reloaded Links 2003 on my laptop and am playing it now and enjoying the change as its been a while since I played that game Going to buy me a gaming laptop when I get back in March to take with me to Maine so I can play JNPG and TGC2019 while on the road as we travel alot in retirement.
  • Charles likes this

#1630 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 01 January 2020 - 08:06 AM

I have not touched TGC2019 in a while and now that i am Florida bound for the rest ot the winter I wont be playing JNPG also/ I reloaded Links 2003 on my laptop and am playing it now and enjoying the change as its been a while since I played that game Going to buy me a gaming laptop when I get back in March to take with me to Maine so I can play JNPG and TGC2019 while on the road as we travel alot in retirement.

Since the price dump lots more players have come on board, and i'm getting to play ever more JNPG players on TGC19. I have now committed myself to really start playing this game more seriously and i must admit: the deeper i go, the more i am really enjoying TGC19. Multiplayer works great and with voicechat it reaches a high level of fun. The UI is actually very good once you learn how everything works (which takes a bit of patience I must admit) and all in all, TGC19 is very much to my liking. The options are unbelievable and you do need to take your time getting to know how everything works. I give it high marks.

• RobV likes this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#1631 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 08:25 PM

Enjoy Charles!

Sounds like you found your new “go-to” game!

(personally, you could give me a free copy of TGC and I would simply delete it - to each our own for sure.)

#1632 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 02 January 2020 - 09:40 PM

It's def a case of each to their own i guess, but one thing is for sure...It's not a golf game where you can get creative with your shots, its all based off 100% hits with zero ability to shape a shot with the stick.  This does not lend itself to a deep experience, on the contrary, its shallow and restricting, i got bored with it really quickly.  Its interesting that Charles says the deeper he goes the more he likes, its the total opposite for me, the game has no depth to the various shot mechanics at all, they are all one trick ponies and the more i played the more i kept seeing the same old shots like peppering the pin with the awful pitch shot ( guaranteed bird or save ) the lack of backspin and other shot results that made you feel like you have played the exact shot to the exact same position a 1000 times over.

• Buck likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1633 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:48 PM

It's fun to play here and there but DoGgs is right, I am using master clubs and it takes an act of god not to hit it straight. If I want to curve the ball I have to use the left trigger which is really dumb. I am sure you could draw and fade the ball using a mouse swing but there mouse swing in this game is so F'ed up it's redunkulous.....

• Buck likes this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#1634 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 02:00 AM

I never really got into The Golf Club even though I have all 3 versions. I'm a 3 clicker and I never liked the idea that they (as far as I know) refused to even entertain the idea of going with a 3 click version. Not only that, I have read that they never really fixed mouse swing. I could be wrong. I just wish someone would come out with a new golf game for PC. Although I suppose PS4 would be ok as long as there is a 3 click option.

#1635 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:32 AM

Knock me if you like, but I really enjoy playing TGC2019 (including the chipping and flop shots) the more I play the more I like it, the graphics all look great to me. Some of the courses designed by the players on here are absolutely brilliant, I don't play PG anymore because it seems so clunky especially the putting and the avatar is like something off the walking dead TV show LOL. You need to take some time, get use to the game play  then  join TGC tours, this is an online career mode with leader boards and competitions every week its very immersive and you feel like your playing on the PGA tour.

I loved PG at first but not having a top end PC meant the graphics were not as good as they could have been Hence a bit clunky, Bought the Xbox one X and have never looked back. I will be waiting now for PG 2 to be released on the consoles SOON lol

#1636 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:50 AM

Let me add a bit of reflection to my earlier post, just to make clear where i stand on both games (JNPG and TGC19): in many ways JNPG is a promise which has not (yet?) been fulfilled. A great start which did not reach the finish (yet?). In many ways JNPG has so much potential it is almost unbelievable this game is frozen in time. Great course designers keep the game fresh and attractive, but other than that nothing is happening.

Enter TGC19. I have no experience with the two predecessors but i did learn from players who did have that experience, that the 2019 version is much better generally speaking and all are positive. I just jumped on a rolling train. When I bought the game in jan. 2019 I just dabbled in it once in a while and moved away from it and came back to it irregularly. I was not able to get the multiplayer going and getting advice on this proved difficult as none of my Steam friends had the game. All in all, the game kind of faded a bit because i just love playing multiplayer with voicechat.

But, like i said, since the price dump a couple of weeks ago, many JNPG players jumped on board and through my Steam friends all of sudden I saw TGC19 pop up all over. That gave me new incentive to go at it again, and this time plough through all the frusts in getting MP working and starting to understand the game, its many options, layers and functions better. I finally got into it!

As an RTSM player in JNPG the switch to TGC19 was pretty natural, although -at first- I did need quite a bit of time in mastering and understanding the mouse mechanics in TGC19. At first it felt akward, as I am used to look at the Ani while making a swing or stroke. JNPG RTSM is 100% visual and 1 on 1 with the Ani. TGC is not. When I finally started understanding this, that and the other, the game came alive. Add to that the fun of a working Multiplayer in a 2-,3- or 4- ball, or foursome's match, stroke a/o stableford or match a/o skins format, plus the tournaments offered through the Societies (in-game golf clubs with memberships) or the in-game PGA tour (and qualification) tournaments, and i was on my way.

So, to be fair, I have looked at this game again, now with some hindsight and a lot more playing experience. As an RTSM player ofcourse. 3-click players have a much bigger switch to make, and I can understand that some will never play the game just for that. 

So here is my personal evaluation, with the qualification 'poor', 'fair', 'good', 'very good' and excellent':

• General gameplay/set up and options: very good (although lacks intuitive set up here and there)
  • Graphics: very good (basically good and depending on tweaking the many options excellent)
  • In-game general looks, panorama's, custom objects, shadows: very good to excellent
  • Ballflight,-bounce,- roll: excellent
  • Windplay & options: very good
  • Camera's, views etc: very good
  • Sounds: excellent (also ball striking sounds etc!); very immersive
  • Lighting: excellent
  • Shotmaking (shotshaper): excellent
  • Pre-shot options/roaming/aiming cams: very good 
  • Stances Ani: very good 
  • Club selection/options: excellent
  • Weather options and course set-up: very good 
  • Player statistics data storage: excellent
  • Skies: fair
  • 3D looks: very good
  • Avatar options and customisation: excellent (including facial and body customisation tool and huge choice of accessories, clothes, most te be earned through gameplay progression a/o to be bought with earned 'coin' system)
  • Putting: very good to excellent (though steep learning curve; off-green putting a bit too punishing at times)
  • Short game: (chip, flop, punch and pitch) very good
  • Swing mechanics: all swings: very good (not RTS but delayed)
  • Multiplayer: very good (but lacks clear instruction and can be frustrating)
  • Tournamentplay: excellent (in-game PGA and through societies a/o TGCtours.com); on 'tournament' courses with grandstands filled with crowds clapping and standing up or sitting down and cheers (or groans) very good immersive sensation
  • Handicap play: very good (regulated in-game and tweaked per course depending on course- and sloperating)
  • Courses to play: huge and many excellent designs; do not have to be downloaded but are server based
  • Connection/stability: very good but in multiplayer crashes do occur 
  • Resume options: good but cumbersome in MP and lacks good intuitiveness a/o in game instructions)

All in all, I give the game high marks. Sure, there are things to improve still, like getting some backspin action on wedge shots, able to move the Ani on the tee and tweaking other things here and there, but TGC19 is very much fun to play. It ain't JNPG but as long as that one is standing still it's a nice supplement and generally speaking very enjoyable.

https://www.thegolfclub2019.com/

• cajuncapgun, RobV, Greensboronclion and 1 other like this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#1637 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:39 AM

"Short game: (chip, flop, punch and pitch) very good; good visual swing mechanics"...

The short game is the biggest issue for me with this game. Quite frankly, I think its shite because of the lack of feel and touch around the greens!

#1638 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:11 PM

Well Charles I agree with your post entirely, I play with a Xbox one controller using master clubs in a society called U.S.E. ultra sim experience all aids are switched off including grids, zoom cam, follow cam and loft box, you can only hit the yardage of the clubs in your bag you need to hit 90% shots in some cases so you don't fly the green (it is possible to shape shots, with a fast downswing you can draw the ball and a slow downswing you can fade the ball which is very useful on doglegs e.t.c. great people in this society as it is based on a honour system not to use the loft and shot shaping box. We have a great forum where all the scores are posted with videos and screen shots of every ones  best rounds.

I also play on the main TGC tours (Where all aids are on) which is a lot of fun, I am not a very good player but it does give you an incentive to practice and improve.

Ultra Sim Experience is an ongoing online competition on The Golf Club 2019 with the goal of simulating the real game of golf as close as possible. It is multiplatform for PC, PS4 and XBox. 1) No loft box (draw and fade is achieved by fast and slow downswing, distance control with partial shots) 2 shot penalty for accidental use per shot 2) No intentional slow backswing to reduce distance on any shot, distance control is achieved by partial shots and fast and slow downswing. 3) No non turn based ghost and ball labels 4) Follow cam must be turned off manually by the member 5) No chipping out of bunkers 6) No short flick swing Shot feedback and pin marker turned off is highly recommended for the full sim experience but not mandatory.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#1639 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 09:24 AM

I'm a 3 clicker and all ways have been, yet I found that the real time swing in this game is easier to master than in PG. That said i do enjoy playing this.

There is no stutter or slide with the meter, so you are in charge of your own mistakes, which is a real relieve.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#1640 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 12:38 AM

When I get back from snowbirding in Florida I think I am going to give TGC2019 another shot as I am seeing less and less players on the PG Tours and it is soon going to be down to under 50 players the way its going and to much in fighting. Right now I am enjoying playing a round a day of Links 2003 on my regular laptop and soaking up the sun. Somebody needs to start a society of just old JNPG players and see how many people we can get.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users