1822 replies to this topic

#1661 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:52 PM

yes, VG2 has better lighting but everything else is worst.  wont matter you I guess.  for those that love playing on simulators, it does.

• cajuncapgun likes this

#1662 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:58 PM

Is there anyway of putting courses in favourites without playing them ???

Just select the course you want play, whilst standing on the 1st tee press options, course conditions, and you can select favourite from there, you don't even have to hit your 1st tee shot.

This is not there anymore, bugger.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#1663 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:30 PM

I have accepted all requests to join the latest being  simchars and JohnRC  Welcome to all members we now stand at 13.

Guys I can't join till I get home from Florida in middle of March but will be joining upon my return. No PC with me that is capable of playing game and a desktop in an RV won't work so right now playing Links on my old laptop. Great to see a group playing at TGC 2019 and looking forward to joining.

#1664 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:48 PM

I finally bought an Elite 2 controller last week and played with it in default settings until today.  I have found a setup that works considerably better for me than default (which on the Elite 2 is like the stock XBox One controller).  I changed the swing stick (which is the left stick for me) tension to 2 (the middle setting) and I went with the "Instant" Sensitivity curve and wound up getting the most consistent "tempo" results by moving the curve response slider 2 clicks to the left of default.

This causes the club to respond quicker to your backswing initiation, but once you're 15 to 20% of the way into the swing it evens out and feels normal from there on out.  It's helping me a good bit with chipping as well.  I'm getting much more consistent response there.  I'd guess I was getting "perfect/perfect" tempo about 40% of the time using my 'truest' stock XBox One controller, whereas now with the settings above it's more like 60 to 70% of the time.  I should add that there is an improvement of similar proportions on the XBox One X version of the game, although they went from 30% to 55/60% of the time, due to what I'd say is the slower frame rate (30 FPS) on the XBox One X version.

The middle level stick tension on the swing stick is allowing me to track the swing path better with greater fidelity, but I'd say it hurts my putting sensitivity just a bit.  It's going to take a good bit of work for me to get around that, but my putting skills have eroded so much over the last half year or so that I'm willing to try something new.

I just love the quality feel and weight of the Elite 2.  It's a little bit smaller than the Elite, but I've already adjusted to that.  I do know I wouldn't want it any smaller though.  I'm pleased with the Elite 2 in all the games with which I've tried it.  It's helped me most in Rocket League, although Elite Dangerous isn't far behind.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1665 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:05 PM

Just downloading the Golf Club 2019 on steam £13.99, I am the same as JC playing on the Xbox, so it will take me some time to to get use to playing this on the PC,

Can you add me to your society please it will be nice to meet up with some of the PG players again.

Gamer Tag:  samterrence

#1666 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:46 PM

Me too please :)

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#1667 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:14 PM

Just downloading the Golf Club 2019 on steam £13.99, I am the same as JC playing on the Xbox, so it will take me some time to to get use to playing this on the PC,

Can you add me to your society please it will be nice to meet up with some of the PG players again.

Gamer Tag:  samterrence

Terry, just enter "The Old Goats" in the search for Society by text and it will take you to the registration page.  Click "join" there and then the admin will approve your request to join.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1668 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:18 PM

Me too please :)

Check my reply to samterrance on this Affo.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1669 samterrence

samterrence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 26 January 2020 - 10:37 PM

Thx John,

I can't believe how good this game looks on my GR8 Rog small form factor PC only using a Nvidia 750TI graphics card, its not far behind my Xbox one X. I am using the blue tooth pad that came with the X and it seems to work fine. I still have my Elite 1st edition controller but that's set up for my Xbox. I will see how my swing stands up and may have to switch to the Elite

Is there anyway of putting courses in favourites without playing them ???

Just select the course you want play, whilst standing on the 1st tee press options, course conditions, and you can select favourite from there, you don't even have to hit your 1st tee shot.

This is not there anymore, bugger

Just experimented with the above, enter the game, go to play local game tab,  change course, select a course that you like,, press play when you are standing on the 1st tee press the ESC key. a menu pops up, select course conditions and you will see the select favourite tab on the bottom row..

I have to select all my favourite course also, it takes some time LOL

#1670 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 26 January 2020 - 11:03 PM

Check my reply to samterrance on this Affo.

Thanks, tried that, I'm being given the silent treatment...people have got bitter over some things, all grown up stuff...pity as it's just a game, lmao.

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#1671 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 27 January 2020 - 12:14 AM

Thanks, tried that, I'm being given the silent treatment...people have got bitter over some things, all grown up stuff...pity as it's just a game, lmao.

So did I for the first 36 hours, or so... the administrator doesn't get an alert that they have a pending membership request.  They only way they know is to go in and manually check for membership requests.  I think the admin is probably taking the weekend off until Monday.  It'll happen... and the new official tournament doesn't start until tomorrow anyway.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1672 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:35 PM

JC, have you reached out to the devs at HB by PM to see if they’ll say anything beyond what they’ve publicly said?

It would seem of concern to them that so many are sort of “checking out” and saying things like “time to move on I guess” if they really are working on something upcoming.

The way they are handling things in the forum doesn’t make one optimistic...

#1673 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:09 PM

JC, have you reached out to the devs at HB by PM to see if they’ll say anything beyond what they’ve publicly said?

It would seem of concern to them that so many are sort of “checking out” and saying things like “time to move on I guess” if they really are working on something upcoming.

I have not reached out to the devs on this... I guess I've conceded myself to the fact that it would be fruitless.  I haven't had any PM contact to speak of with any of the development team since the Fall of 2018.  It became clear to me that they'd adopted a new, more clandestine  public relations policy as of July 2018, and it hasn't changed since.  I honestly don't know what's going on behind the scenes there.  I do know JohnEric remains adamant that he's got some solid info on another TGC product from one of the devs he's cultivated a relationship with, and sadly, that's the most solid hope I have to put any stock in. 

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1674 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:18 PM

I have not reached out to the devs on this... I guess I've conceded myself to the fact that it would be fruitless.  I haven't had any PM contact to speak of with any of the development team since the Fall of 2018.  It became clear to me that they'd adopted a new, more clandestine  public relations policy as of July 2018, and it hasn't changed since.  I honestly don't know what's going on behind the scenes there.  I do know JohnEric remains adamant that he's got some solid info on another TGC product from one of the devs he's cultivated a relationship with, and sadly, that's the most solid hope I have to put any stock in. 

Hmm. 
Color me skeptical but it’s hard to bank on anything JE says.
He’s sort of proven himself to be pretty lacking in objectivity with regard to TGC over the years...

Who knows though. 

I think he might just be stirring the pot over there for fun as it’s impossible to corroborate anything he says when it’s all “behind-the-scenes” and “secret comms” - lol

#1675 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 30 January 2020 - 01:43 AM

Hmm. 
Color me skeptical but it’s hard to bank on anything JE says.
He’s sort of proven himself to be pretty lacking in objectivity with regard to TGC over the years...

Who knows though. 

I think he might just be stirring the pot over there for fun as it’s impossible to corroborate anything he says when it’s all “behind-the-scenes” and “secret comms” - lol

He might be, and that's why my hopes are even more fleeting because it's the only affirmative thing I've heard or read.  His contributions are further and fewer between, but he has maintained this drumbeat of something coming based on a private conversation he's having with one of the devs.  They could be stringing him along though, just for giggles.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1676 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 01:48 AM

They could be stringing him along though, just for giggles.

I have to admit...that does sound fun

#1677 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 31 January 2020 - 04:28 PM

Anyone else have memories of TWOL?For whatever reason I enjoyed the gameplay .
The forum became " interesting" relatively quickly and I think the devs disappeared leaving "Tom" as the moderator.Even though he wasn't a dev people treated him like one-in other words pretty poorly.I think he disappeared from the forum also and then the plug got pulled.I felt really bad for "Tom".
I seem to remember they changed the game radically half way through.That really enraged people.Also no user created courses didn't help.It was all about the DLC.
That's what I remember -it was 10 years ago so I could be mis remembering.

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#1678 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 January 2020 - 07:32 PM

Anyone else have memories of TWOL?For whatever reason I enjoyed the gameplay .
The forum became " interesting" relatively quickly and I think the devs disappeared leaving "Tom" as the moderator.Even though he wasn't a dev people treated him like one-in other words pretty poorly.I think he disappeared from the forum also and then the plug got pulled.I felt really bad for "Tom".
I seem to remember they changed the game radically half way through.That really enraged people.Also no user created courses didn't help.It was all about the DLC.
That's what I remember -it was 10 years ago so I could be mis remembering.

I truly liked that game a lot!  It was a good game from 2010 to 2012.  On April 15, 2012 they made a terrible mistake with a modification and many of us stopped playing it.  EA pulled the game from Origin at the beginning of 2013.

Yes is was a fun game for two years.  Too many CDL to improve your own skills became ridiculous. Most likely similar to WGT.  That's why we all still prefer Perfect Golf. No gimmicks with clubs and balls.

• tanman05851 likes this

#1679 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 31 January 2020 - 08:08 PM

I too prefer this game very much. without any gimmicks. :blink:

• tanman05851 likes this

#1680 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 31 January 2020 - 11:39 PM

I truly liked that game a lot!  It was a good game from 2010 to 2012.  On April 15, 2012 they made a terrible mistake with a modification and many of us stopped playing it.  EA pulled the game from Origin at the beginning of 2013.

Yes is was a fun game for two years.  Too many CDL to improve your own skills became ridiculous. Most likely similar to WGT.  That's why we all still prefer Perfect Golf. No gimmicks with clubs and balls.

Thanks for the memories.I'm cheap so pretty sure I only paid for the annual fee(60 bucks).The one thing TWOL did better (that we can all agree on hahahaha)is the effect of a side hill lie.

• Abe likes this

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users