1663 replies to this topic

#1661 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:52 PM

yes, VG2 has better lighting but everything else is worst.  wont matter you I guess.  for those that love playing on simulators, it does.

• cajuncapgun likes this
OGT Golf Simulator Tour Facebook:https://www.facebook...97433557053693/

#1662 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:58 PM

Is there anyway of putting courses in favourites without playing them ???

Just select the course you want play, whilst standing on the 1st tee press options, course conditions, and you can select favourite from there, you don't even have to hit your 1st tee shot.

This is not there anymore, bugger.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#1663 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:30 PM

I have accepted all requests to join the latest being  simchars and JohnRC  Welcome to all members we now stand at 13.

Guys I can't join till I get home from Florida in middle of March but will be joining upon my return. No PC with me that is capable of playing game and a desktop in an RV won't work so right now playing Links on my old laptop. Great to see a group playing at TGC 2019 and looking forward to joining.

#1664 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:48 PM

I finally bought an Elite 2 controller last week and played with it in default settings until today.  I have found a setup that works considerably better for me than default (which on the Elite 2 is like the stock XBox One controller).  I changed the swing stick (which is the left stick for me) tension to 2 (the middle setting) and I went with the "Instant" Sensitivity curve and wound up getting the most consistent "tempo" results by moving the curve response slider 2 clicks to the left of default.

This causes the club to respond quicker to your backswing initiation, but once you're 15 to 20% of the way into the swing it evens out and feels normal from there on out.  It's helping me a good bit with chipping as well.  I'm getting much more consistent response there.  I'd guess I was getting "perfect/perfect" tempo about 40% of the time using my 'truest' stock XBox One controller, whereas now with the settings above it's more like 60 to 70% of the time.  I should add that there is an improvement of similar proportions on the XBox One X version of the game, although they went from 30% to 55/60% of the time, due to what I'd say is the slower frame rate (30 FPS) on the XBox One X version.

The middle level stick tension on the swing stick is allowing me to track the swing path better with greater fidelity, but I'd say it hurts my putting sensitivity just a bit.  It's going to take a good bit of work for me to get around that, but my putting skills have eroded so much over the last half year or so that I'm willing to try something new.

I just love the quality feel and weight of the Elite 2.  It's a little bit smaller than the Elite, but I've already adjusted to that.  I do know I wouldn't want it any smaller though.  I'm pleased with the Elite 2 in all the games with which I've tried it.  It's helped me most in Rocket League, although Elite Dangerous isn't far behind.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users