Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 09:30 PM

Speaking of JE...

He recently posted this nugget:  

think one thing some of you aren't thinking about is the fact that if HB was certain they weren't making another game they most certainly would not be afraid to post something saying so.

What a strange thing to even suggest...

Why would HB publicly say the platform is dead when it continues to sell?

Even if it’s in lower numbers, there’s no reason to offer up an admission that “it’s over” when there is free profit sitting out there. 

The exact same thing can be said for PG actually...

#1682 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 February 2020 - 10:05 PM

Thanks, tried that, I'm being given the silent treatment...people have got bitter over some things, all grown up stuff...pity as it's just a game, lmao.

:lol:

#1683 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:06 PM

JE really doubling down...

All I can say is time will tell whom was right or wrong on this matter,  but as I said before I've gotten strong feedback on how much this game means to HB.

lol

He either has a good source of inside info or somebody is stringing him along like a fish…

• Tigers Agent likes this

#1684 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 03 February 2020 - 05:23 PM

Speaking of JE...

He recently posted this nugget:  

think one thing some of you aren't thinking about is the fact that if HB was certain they weren't making another game they most certainly would not be afraid to post something saying so.

What a strange thing to even suggest...

Why would HB publicly say the platform is dead when it continues to sell?

Even if it’s in lower numbers, there’s no reason to offer up an admission that “it’s over” when there is free profit sitting out there. 

The exact same thing can be said for PG actually...

I agree, there's no reason to make an "It's over" post, when they're still selling product, especially at the recently reduced prices.  We also still occasionally hear from people just now buying JNPG from time to time.  Who knows how many might be buying it still that we don't hear from.  When it gets to the point that they start losing money while trying to sell product, that's when they'll pull the plug and announce it, IMO.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1685 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 03 February 2020 - 05:25 PM

JE really doubling down...

All I can say is time will tell whom was right or wrong on this matter,  but as I said before I've gotten strong feedback on how much this game means to HB.

lol

He either has a good source of inside info or somebody is stringing him along like a fish…

He is steadfast in his belief in this... I'll give him that.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1686 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 04 February 2020 - 03:05 PM

I wish someone could take the best of both games and mash it up somehow.

• Greensboronclion, Charles and tanman05851 like this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#1687 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 05:58 PM

GeForce Now has released out of Beta today and I see that TGC 2019 *is* playable on that service.

You have to either own the game or purchase it through GFN to play it though.

I'd love to hear some thoughts from some of you that own it and try it out.

GFN is totally free in 1 hour session lenghts, so no cost to go give it a shot.

This could be a really cool way for people to play their games on basically all devices since GFN is all about having the "horsepower of hardware" in the cloud and making game access very close to totally device agnostic - sort of the holy grail..

#1688 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 05 February 2020 - 03:50 PM

I wish someone could take the best of both games and mash it up somehow.

I'm all in on this notion!  It wouldn't be that hard because the components are already there; we just need to combine them into one game!

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1689 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 05 February 2020 - 03:52 PM

GeForce Now has released out of Beta today and I see that TGC 2019 *is* playable on that service.

You have to either own the game or purchase it through GFN to play it though.

I'd love to hear some thoughts from some of you that own it and try it out.

GFN is totally free in 1 hour session lenghts, so no cost to go give it a shot.

This could be a really cool way for people to play their games on basically all devices since GFN is all about having the "horsepower of hardware" in the cloud and making game access very close to totally device agnostic - sort of the holy grail..

Thanks for posting this Buck.  I hadn't heard of Geforce Now until you did so.  I checked out GFN and downloaded it just to see how it works and what it might potentially put me on to.  So there's a ton of games that we can test for one hour, even with the free membership?  Pretty cool...  B)

BTW, this thread you've created here is running away with the "Off Topic" all time most viewed thread title.  Not only that, it's now fallen to a 2 star rating, which is an even greater indicator that it has matriculated on to the radar of the haters.  That's always a positive accomplishment, publicity wise  ;)

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1690 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for posting this Buck.  I hadn't heard of Geforce Now until you did so.  I checked out GFN and downloaded it just to see how it works and what it might potentially put me on to.  So there's a ton of games that we can test for one hour, even with the free membership?  Pretty cool...  B)

BTW, this thread you've created here is running away with the "Off Topic" all time most viewed thread title.  Not only that, it's now fallen to a 2 star rating, which is an even greater indicator that it has matriculated on to the radar of the haters.  That's always a positive accomplishment, publicity wise  ;)

lol

At the rate it's going around here - this thread may end up being the last thing standing

#1691 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 05 February 2020 - 04:27 PM

I just tried to secure a one hour trial of Assetto Corsa Competizione via GFN, but apparently it's not among the one hour free to play classification.  It took me to the Steam purchase page for the game.  

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1692 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 February 2020 - 04:29 PM

I just tried to secure a one hour trial of Assetto Corsa Competizione via GFN, but apparently it's not among the one hour free to play classification. It took me to the Steam purchase page for the game.

AC is a buy if your into racing games.

#1693 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 05 February 2020 - 04:38 PM

AC is a buy if your into racing games.

Yeah, I'm kicking myself over not buying it for $24.99 the last time they had it on sale on Steam.  I have the original title and it's a solid racing and driving title.  It just lacked a little bit in the game dynamics, and from all I've read, they've gotten around some of the problems I had with it in ACC.  I'll no doubt buy the next time it's on sale, it's just not a "gotta have right now" title for me, as long as Forza 7, F1 2019, and NASCAR HEAT 4 are delivering for me on the XBox One X.  Thanks for your recommendation though; that got me off the fence!  :)

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1694 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 February 2020 - 04:58 PM

Ohh. Wreckfest is another title to own. Especially if you play with a wheel and pedals.
  • Buck likes this

#1695 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 05 February 2020 - 05:12 PM

Ohh. Wreckfest is another title to own. Especially if you play with a wheel and pedals.

Definitely is, and I do have it on my XBox One X.  My Thrustmaster TX Leather and T3PA pedals work quite well with it.  The riding mower demo derby is the challenge I can't get past though. :wacko:

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1696 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 February 2020 - 12:08 AM

The mower demo. Is that the first race in the career? I don’t remember.

#1697 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 06 February 2020 - 12:33 AM

It's very early on in career.  I just can't take out the required number of mowers in the allotted time.  I mostly do individual races without any career progression as a result.   Anyway, we probably need to get back on topic.  Maybe we need to start a racing game topic in the off topic section?

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1698 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:29 PM

JC...

You guys are cracking me up over on the HB forum with all the mental pretzels people are twisting themselves into to try to understand what’s happening.

I think there was a budget… They exhausted it… TGC2019 is what it is....

...and if there is something they are working on it’s either a new self release or in coordination with EA...honestly I sort of hope the latter vs the former due to what it might mean for the eventual product. 

All per your predictions.

But I could very easily be convinced that the studio is simply focused on other more lucrative and mainstream work and they are done with golf. 

#1699 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 February 2020 - 06:56 PM

JC...

You guys are cracking me up over on the HB forum with all the mental pretzels people are twisting themselves into to try to understand what’s happening.

I think there was a budget… They exhausted it… TGC2019 is what it is....

...and if there is something they are working on it’s either a new self release or in coordination with EA...honestly I sort of hope the latter vs the former due to what it might mean for the eventual product. 

All per your predictions.

But I could very easily be convinced that the studio is simply focused on other more lucrative and mainstream work and they are done with golf. 

There's so little to go on that it's hard to speculate what's going on with this.  I'm given to think that something is going on with EA because of the 2018 Gamespot article that said this:

"In 2018, the PGA Tour announced that it granted HB Studios the license to make PGA Tour games, though EA remains involved in some capacity."

So EA remains involved in some capacity?  That tells me they've got some sort of hook attached to it.  Really, I'd like to see EA pick it back up as the publisher and use their marketing and distribution talents, even if HB Studios is soley responsible for the development.   I don't know why, but I'm expecting to read some official statement from HB Studios, or new CEO, James Seaboyer, toward the end of this month, or early next month, as to the direction HB Studios is going in general, and possibly a mention of the TGC franchise's future.

• Buck likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1700 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 07:16 PM

Yeah, there is something inside me that thinks EA only relinquished rights temporarily and perhaps with an eye on these upcoming next gen consoles as a time to give this a swing (pun intended) again.

Whether any of that would involve the Rory frostbite work or not, who knows..

But I do honestly want EA back in the mix here.  Having a mainstream big budget player in the space helps everyone and drives interest in these types of titles..

..and there’s also nothing to say that I wouldn’t love what they release!

EA is a big behemoth that has changed much over time and I don’t rule out big companies because of mistakes in the past.  Things can and do change inside these large organizations.

Just look at what’s now happening with MSFS, right?

• JCat04 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users