#1741 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 07 March 2020 - 07:46 PM

Most of us and this game just got massively insulted over on Reddit by ADX.  "It still sucks balls-it's a links clone,plain and simple.And not a good one at that.Anyone still wanting to click to play a golf game probably drives a buick."   

I don't even drive a Buick  and I'm hurt. At least the game doesn't suck donkey balls.  What's next-tin horned dictators driving garbage scows?  :)

Disclaimer-I have both TGC 2 and 2019 but have trouble spending the time to "get gud".There is something off putting about Merion being surrounded by mountains.

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#1742 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 10:06 PM

My concern for what ADX says on reddit is “less than zero”
  • cajuncapgun likes this

#1743 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 08 March 2020 - 12:10 AM

My concern for what ADX says on reddit is “less than zero”

The background was one of us had posted a couple of pics of I believe Oakmont and politely explaining about how this game worked,course forge, 3d grass ,pot bunkers etc.There was some mild interest and maybe one 'maybe i"ll check that out" when ADX came out of nowhere with his stuff.
I just thought it was sort of rude but I should know better-the intrawebs have coarsened much of society.

• Buck likes this

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#1744 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 12:24 AM

Sounds about like ADX

#1745 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 08 March 2020 - 02:49 PM

He's still about is he?  Such a sad little man, he thinks that we are not entitled to like perfect golf or any golf game unless it has his oh so valuable opinion / approval.  What he knows about anything could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

• cajuncapgun likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1746 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:00 PM

I'm in a golfers group on facebook and some of them are buying,asking about thegolfclub .they even already made a society. I brought up this game a few times and not a peep about it..Either they dont care or don't know about this game or both..Considering the age/state of this game, it should be around $15.00 imo...

#1747 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 10:55 PM

Considering the age/state of this game, it should be around $15.00 imo...

Same goes for TGC2019, which is also abandonware

#1748 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:02 AM

I’m guessing it’s a 2K thing. They are just as greedy when it comes to money as EA are. They still want full price for NBA 2K 17,18,19 on Steam.

#1749 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:52 PM

When they shut the TGC 2019 servers down, I'll join you in your characterization of it as "abandonware".  ;)

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1750 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 29 March 2020 - 04:05 PM

I'm in a golfers group on facebook and some of them are buying,asking about thegolfclub .they even already made a society. I brought up this game a few times and not a peep about it..Either they dont care or don't know about this game or both..Considering the age/state of this game, it should be around $15.00 imo...

Where are they getting any information that has them buying?  I thought by the middle of March we'd have heard something, but now with the COVID-19 pandemic putting the brakes on everything, I doubt we're going to hear anything for quite a while.  I guess it wouldn't stop devs from working on a project in isolated pockets, but I suspect that HB Studios *may* be involved in a NBA Live 2021 for EA Sports.  If that's the case, I know where their going to direct their attention as that would be much more profitable than a golf game.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't read or hear anything that gives me any hope for a golf game in the near future for HB Studios.  They named a new CEO (James Seaboyer) last November, but we haven't heard a peep out of him about the direction HB Studios is taking, pre or post COVID-19.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1751 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 04:11 PM

When they shut the TGC 2019 servers down, I'll join you in your characterization of it as "abandonware".  ;)

The servers still work here also as they haven’t shut off access to Steam.

The core software is abandoned on both - which is what I meant.

#1752 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:18 PM

The servers still work here also as they haven’t shut off access to Steam.

The core software is abandoned on both - which is what I meant.

Okay, well from that perspective TGC 2019 has been abandonware since May 14th of 2019.  Perfect Golf has actually had a more recent update than that, at least to correct a couple of minor issues, but it qualified as an update.

• Buck likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1753 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:45 PM

Okay, well from that perspective TGC 2019 has been abandonware since May 14th of 2019.  Perfect Golf has actually had a more recent update than that, at least to correct a couple of minor issues, but it qualified as an update.

I find it so frustrating that both camps had their owners/developers/contact points just simply go underground and into a communications hole.

With PG:  I really don't understand what about the TM transaction would, at this point in time, preclude a simple explanation to us all of what happened when/how/why..

TGC:  One wonders why they can't simply say the words "TGC 2019 is feature complete - nothing to announce at this time for the future".

Maybe that has actually been said by an HB rep on their forum at some point actually?

• JCat04 likes this

#1754 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:22 PM

Where are they getting any information that has them buying? I thought by the middle of March we'd have heard something, but now with the COVID-19 pandemic putting the brakes on everything, I doubt we're going to hear anything for quite a while. I guess it wouldn't stop devs from working on a project in isolated pockets, but I suspect that HB Studios *may* be involved in a NBA Live 2021 for EA Sports. If that's the case, I know where their going to direct their attention as that would be much more profitable than a golf game.
I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't read or hear anything that gives me any hope for a golf game in the near future for HB Studios. They named a new CEO (James Seaboyer) last November, but we haven't heard a peep out of him about the direction HB Studios is taking, pre or post COVID-19.

Most of them are from England I think.i suppose they’re buying it due to the lockdown over there..if you have a Facebook and look for golfmates..
https://www.facebook...9028/?ref=share

#1755 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:37 PM

Most of them are from England I think.i suppose they’re buying it due to the lockdown over there..if you have a Facebook and look for golfmates..
https://www.facebook...9028/?ref=share

Thanks for that link.  I just checked it out and there's a lot of activity there!  I'll give it a good solid read though...  I've only seen one comment about golf gaming so far, but it's only like six hours old.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1756 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 31 March 2020 - 02:49 PM

1.) With PG:  I really don't understand what about the TM transaction would, at this point in time, preclude a simple explanation to us all of what happened when/how/why..

2.) TGC:  One wonders why they can't simply say the words "TGC 2019 is feature complete - nothing to announce at this time for the future".

Maybe that has actually been said by an HB rep on their forum at some point actually?

1.)  Yeah, I don't understand why there's been no substantive statement about what happened with Perfect Parallel and Trackman, and how it affects Perfect Golf as a product.  They have updated Perfect Golf since the acquisition by Trackman took place.  I really can't come up with a reason for the secrecy on this?

2.)  HB Studios has said, at least twice that I can recall, that they'll announce something when they have something to announce and that they have nothing to announce at this time.  That's not very definitive as the next thing they could have to announce is that they are developing NBA Live 2021 for EA Sports :unsure:  I'm actually expecting to read that before any news of a forthcoming golf game is announced.  

• Buck likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1757 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 31 March 2020 - 04:18 PM

Thanks for that link. I just checked it out and there's a lot of activity there! I'll give it a good solid read though... I've only seen one comment about golf gaming so far, but it's only like six hours old.

Here is one link that was 2hrs old when I looked.i 38 comments in 2hrs..Yes there is a LOT of of people posting there no way to keep up unless that’s all you look at.

https://www.facebook...83206451942936/

I’ll see if I can find a couple more on the golf club.there is plenty if you can find them.

Here is the Facebook page someone created for the game.134 members so far.im going to have to look up to see if the game has gotten a boost due to this..I got the link saved on my desktop somewhere.lol..

https://www.facebook...8032/?ref=share
  • JCat04 likes this

#1758 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:18 AM

Here is one link that was 2hrs old when I looked.i 38 comments in 2hrs..Yes there is a LOT of of people posting there no way to keep up unless that’s all you look at.

I’ll see if I can find a couple more on the golf club.there is plenty if you can find them.

Here is the Facebook page someone created for the game.134 members so far.im going to have to look up to see if the game has gotten a boost due to this..I got the link saved on my desktop somewhere.lol..

Wow... lots of interesting activity in that Golfmates TGC 2019 Group, clubpro... thanks for putting me onto that!  I applied to join and look forward to engaging in the discussion there.  It's surprising to me to see so many people just now discovering the game.   It looks to be a bit PS4 player laden, but I'm cool with that.  The core gameplay is reasonably consistent across the platforms.  I'm sticking with the XBox One version because of the substantial graphics and object boost it gets on my XBox One X.  Also most of my TGC gaming friends are on the XBox One so that's also incentive for me to play that version.  

I actually get better performance (at slightly lower graphics and object detail) on the PC version, with frame rates averaging in the 50's.  The XBox One and PS4 versions are locked at 30 FPS.  The thing is though, my senses have gotten so accustomed to the 30 FPS performance of the XBox One X, the faster frame rates on the PC cause me to have more tempo regulation problems on it, and my scoring average is about 5 strokes higher per round on it than the XBox One X!?

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1759 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:15 AM

Playing TGC 2019 on my Xbox One and enjoying it. PG is dead IMHO and tired of playing with the mouse and the fields are much larger there.

#1760 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 10:23 AM

Playing TGC 2019 on my Xbox One and enjoying it. PG is dead IMHO and tired of playing with the mouse and the fields are much larger there.

https://steamcharts.com/app/288140

The player charts are fairly steady , to say its dead is not true . I wonder how long it will be before you get bored with the golf arcade and make a return to Perfect Golf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users