Photo

New Patch 2 for Reflective and transparent water, SLI, CrossFire, and low-power GPUs

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:36 PM

OK, one bit of weirdness.....when I want to change my clothes, I have no golfer!

T3GWbeG.jpg

come on mr rose, cant you dress blindfolded, lol

#62 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

The new version "Assembly-CSharp.dll" can be downloaded from
https://mega.nz/#!B5...8kCEzSQAfdYZYR4

Changes from the old version:
Fixed the problem that clubs, clothing, and balls are not displayed in Players Menu.
Added Menu background color(black).

I don't test whether SLI is enabled or not on this version.

The other three files ("Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll", "mainData",and "resources.assets") are not updated.
The three files need to be brought from the old version on 2018/05/17.
https://mega.nz/#!Is...flTUCwx2yWbK79U

#63 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:15 AM

That fixed the problem. Is there anyway to make it a little bit transparent?

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#64 UK4LifeBBN

UK4LifeBBN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:35 PM

I'm having issues with this patch. I did backup my files first luckily. I've reverted back to the originals.   I'm running GeForce 1080 11GB liquid cooled card, i7 8700K processor.  When I open up the program my one of my other monitors goes black for a minute then comes back on with my desktop again.  The other monitor where JNPG is running opens up.  After about 20 seconds the program becomes unresponsive and I have to kill it with task manager.  When I kill it one of my other monitors then goes black again, then reappears with my desktop icons.

With the original files, neither one of my other monitors flickers or goes black or anything.  Also, I did try this with the new assembly-csharp.dll file instead of the original that was released a couple weeks back

#65 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:00 PM

this was mentioned,but needs to be repeated,this reflective patch fixes the dynamic sky flickering issue,which has been a problem ever since  the game came out.all of the flickering on tpc avenel, and all other courses ive made, is gone.i know thats not what this patch was made for ,but ,what a great side effect,and reflective water dosent even have to be turned on for this to work.thanks for this tamuchan.great work.

• xooze, erwildcat and Buck like this

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#66 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:25 PM

I just wanted to circle back and thank you again for this patch.

It continues to be one of my favorite things to ever come along for the game.

Also with the release of Merion final today, which doesn’t fare so well with the reflective water enabled, thank you also for making it so simple to turn on or off while in game and out on a course.

#67 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 05:15 PM

Very good patch. Only gripe I have (apart from FPS hit) is that in multi player mode when using chat window, every time I type the letter 'r' it toggles the patch on/off. Any chance the keys could be re-assigned?

Yes, it would be nice to include some sort of option to re-assign it to something like a function key (or pressing a combination of 2 keys at the same time) that wouldn't be used when chatting.  Either that or offer an option to disable being able to toggle it if you're in a chat field.

#68 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:41 AM

The new version "Assembly-CSharp.dll" can be downloaded from
https://mega.nz/#!95...whJ9Gh65MZVo1PY

Changes from the old version:
Added a new Water Mode that only the skybox is reflected on water
Reassigned the keys to change Water Mode
Use different values in 'Reflection Intensity' and 'Depth Transparency' for "No Dynamic Sky Mode" and "Dynamic Sky Mode"
Don't use 'Reflection Probe' for waterplanes anymore in order to reduce memory usage

Reflective and transparent water:
"F6" Key to change Water Mode
Every time you push "F6" Key on courses, Water Mode changes like
reflective and transparent (default) -> reflective(only skybox) and transparent -> "Perfect Parallel/Water" -> reflective and transparent->

"F7" Key to turn off or on reflective and transparent creeks (in the default setting, all creeks are reflective and transparent)
Every time you push "F7" Key on courses, creeks' Water Mode changes like
reflective and transparent (default) -> "Perfect Parallel/Water" -> reflective and transparent ->

When Dynamic Sky is enabled, you can see beautiful reflective and transparent water especially in "Crystal Pines", "Florida Glades CC" and "East Lake Golf Club by Tekbud".

The other three files ("Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll", "mainData",and "resources.assets") are not updated.
The three files need to be brought from the old version on 2018/05/17.
https://mega.nz/#!Is...flTUCwx2yWbK79U

• Dazmaniac, RobV and IanK like this

#69 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:28 AM

Excellent patch, many thanks for your efforts.

#70 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:58 PM

Anyone have a course/hole/situation where I can see the creek options in effect?

I can't seem to figure out where to go to see a creek and toggle through the options to check it out.

Thx!

#71 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:23 PM

Thanks for the new water mode in this latest edition of the patch.

I'm actually using that more than I thought I might, as it's a nice halfway both visually and performance wise on my system on certain courses/holes.

#72 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 27 October 2018 - 03:15 PM

Anyone have a course/hole/situation where I can see the creek options in effect?

I can't seem to figure out where to go to see a creek and toggle through the options to check it out.

Thx!

B,

Wondered this myself. Found what I thought were creeks on some courses but the F7 did nothing. Water only changed when using F6.

Haven't found anywhere yet where the F7 has made any visual change to what I'm seeing, whereas F6 does.

All this said, like you say, the new options are great to cycle through when the FPS gets a bit iffy, but nothing looks better than the reflective, the courses look so good.

#73 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 27 October 2018 - 03:21 PM

Creeks hole 12 Amana Colonies left side. ;)

I don't use the patch so I don't know.

• Buck likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#74 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 03:38 PM

Thx Axe - will try that.

So far, like Daz, I've found nowhere that the creeks toggle does anything and I've tried about every single "creek like" water that I've come across so far.

Perhaps something is borked in the settings for the tweak?  

Either way - not a big deal - was mainly curious..

#75 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 03:50 PM

I'm guessing you won't see a difference as Axe's "creeks" are still just the base PP waterplane residing in narrow terrain cutouts. They will respond to F6 is what I'm thinking.

Tamuchan would have to let us know why he has set up a different creek setting and how to go about inserting this in a course design.

Maybe if you don't see a response with F6, try F7. But, if you see the water respond to F6, it likely won't ALSO respond to F7.

#76 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 04:06 PM

Good points DP

I do wonder why the separate creek mode was put in as it seems to be something that applies to almost no courses (that I can find anyhow..)

Odd

#77 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 27 October 2018 - 04:16 PM

I'm guessing you won't see a difference as Axe's "creeks" are still just the base PP waterplane residing in narrow terrain cutouts. They will respond to F6 is what I'm thinking.

Tamauchan would have to let us know why he has set up a different creek setting and how to go about inserting this in a course design.

Maybe if you don't see a response with F6, try F7. But, if you see the water respond to F6, it likely won't ALSO respond to F7.

As opposed to what Matt? You have peaked my interest. Maybe better for another thread or pm me as I always want to learn new or better techniques.

Peace

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#78 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:04 PM

My point was that we don't have a "creek" option in CF. So you are doing everything correct.

Not 100 percent on what plane Tamuchan is altering with the F7.
  • axe360 and RobC like this

#79 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:17 PM

My point was that we don't have a "creek" option in CF. So you are doing everything correct.

Not 100 percent on what plane Tamuchan is altering with the F7.

Me neither. But I'm thinking it must do something, as he must have tested it to notice the change in water properties when pressed and him including it in the update.

I'm happy with the F6 option, but just curious as to where the F7 actually works.

#80 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:54 PM

I did find a course where the F7 option worked but cannot remember which one. As far as I remember it only toggled between normal and fully reflective and that was also dependent on which F6 view you were using. Cant see the point of it really as F6 toggles between all 3 anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users