308 replies to this topic

#181 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 04:07 PM

firstly, that one is released for PC, along with the new CF2 and would love to see it use the new Nvidia ray tracing technology at some point

• erwildcat likes this

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#182 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 09 September 2018 - 05:56 AM

Anyone who plays golf has at some time lost a ball.  How about adding that as a random event similar to plugged lies if you hit in to deep rough for JNPG2.  It would cost you a penalty stroke.  It would be a first for a computer golf game.

RTSM - Pro

#183 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:10 AM

I had the same thought. The idea I had was that a type of spline (deeprough/lost ball) could be placed in certain areas by the designer where they felt appropriate. These areas would have a higher lost ball factor than regular deep rough and a very high power penalty when not lost.

#184 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:10 AM

I would like to somehow be able to play test a course even if the PP severs are down
  • axe360, erwildcat, Justin9926 and 1 other like this

#185 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:04 PM

Better use of analog devices. The controller already has a power loss/gain element coded into it's swing mechanics. But it's not really an effective tool as you have to swing way to slow to get less than full power gain. It's some what noticeable in the short game.

My wish is that it would be fully implemented into the analog swing with the addition of spin control. This is all just the basics of a real golf swing. This would as In Real Life allow you to take a longer/slower swing for bump and run, or shorter/faster for bounce and check, carrying equal distance as IRL physics. This is what is sorely missing from the analog swing. A way to control spin and distance with Club Head Speed. And is something that has never been done before with a virtual golf game. This game has already got the best controller swing I have ever used, but has potential to be even better.

Not sure this would work with the current mouse mechanics that has a set ratio(speed). But the added difficulty in distance control should also make it more challenging for the straight shooters. 

At some point If you really want a true Sim like swing mechanics, concerns of 3 Click compatibility, and straight shooter prevention  are going to have to be sacrificed.  This may even get more to switch to an analog swing for the added bonus of spin control in real time that can only be done with the analog swing.

• Buck and SebGOLO like this

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#186 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:08 AM

In my opinion no one should be forced to use another swing and the 3 click is hard enough now with its many issues

• spy88 likes this

#187 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:05 AM

In my opinion no one should be forced to use another swing and the 3 click is hard enough now with its many issues

If you're referring to my post, nowhere did I say it was to replace 3 click. 3 click just wouldn't have the benefit of real time spin control.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#188 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:27 AM

still i can never figure out why people who don't even play 3C

worry so much about us folks that do, just so silly and beyond me

maybe they should work on their own games, and just put it out of there minds.

hey do any of you 3C people care about the other swing methods, i bet not and i would 

say there are some out there that can learn from that.

• spy88 and GoldenBear like this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#189 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:38 PM

Who is forcing who to play something other than 3 click?

#190 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:50 PM

still i can never figure out why people who don't even play RTS

worry so much about us folks that do, just so silly and beyond me

maybe they should work on their own games, and just put it out of there minds.

hey do any of you RTS people care about the other swing methods, i bet not and i would 

say there are some out there that can learn from that.

The same thing could be said for 3C. There's been plenty concern expressed by both of the other. But why are we even bringing this topic up again? The post I made had nothing to do with 3Click. All I want is to see an improved RTS swing that may be being held back for compatibility reasons.  Just would like to see the analog swing be fully utilized to replicate a more to life like swing. 

• bortimus and SebGOLO like this

#191 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:02 AM

Wirenut48,

ICBW, but I believe that the main reason that some 3 clickers are resistant to any discussions of other swing methods is due to a subconscious fear of the eventual extinction of their beloved 3 click swing method. ;)

-MERACE
  • ArcadeHack likes this

#192 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:18 AM

my last on control methods.

i have nothing against the controller as i would love to be able to play my 3C with it

problem is i don't believe it to be completed. hell half the time you can't even get the menus up to even get out of a game.

then also with the controller you always have to consider the upteen programs out there to manipulate the play.

so i would say in keeping in line and on topic i would like to see a finished , along with some sort of cheat blocker

controller method.

• GoldenBear likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#193 SebGOLO

SebGOLO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:53 AM

Better use of analog devices. The controller already has a power loss/gain element coded into it's swing mechanics. But it's not really an effective tool as you have to swing way to slow to get less than full power gain. It's some what noticeable in the short game.

My wish is that it would be fully implemented into the analog swing with the addition of spin control. This is all just the basics of a real golf swing. This would as In Real Life allow you to take a longer/slower swing for bump and run, or shorter/faster for bounce and check, carrying equal distance as IRL physics. This is what is sorely missing from the analog swing. A way to control spin and distance with Club Head Speed. And is something that has never been done before with a virtual golf game. This game has already got the best controller swing I have ever used, but has potential to be even better.

Not sure this would work with the current mouse mechanics that has a set ratio(speed). But the added difficulty in distance control should also make it more challenging for the straight shooters. 

At some point If you really want a true Sim like swing mechanics, concerns of 3 Click compatibility, and straight shooter prevention  are going to have to be sacrificed.  This may even get more to switch to an analog swing for the added bonus of spin control in real time that can only be done with the analog swing.

highly agree to rethink the real time spin Control and General analog swing mechanics. I only Play with 3 mouse click bc I feel forced to, since the mouse swing `mechanics` are lacking in lots of areas in my opinion. The Ratio of down- to upswing being fixed is a real Problem in my eyes and makes it-well - unreal … for me the analog swing has too many variables involved that are already predefined.

Then there is also the Problem with the mouse `path` being defined already, I am referring to the actual travel distance of the mouse while moving back and up. Now, if I could set that path to a distance I am comfortable with, that would be a game changer. Especially different distances for different Clubs! Even with a fixed Ratio (which should be user-definable). What it all comes down to is Timing and Control.   

So yeah, as you said, real time is not real time :D   

• GoldenBear likes this

Intel I7 6700K Skylake -- 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz --  Samsung SSD950 Pro * 2 --  Nvidia RTX2070 Founders Edition --  Oculus Rift with touch -- BeQuiet Pure Power 650W -- Bowers&Wilkins 607 Surround -- Pioneer Vsx930

#194 SebGOLO

SebGOLO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:06 AM

^^^^^  THIS!!!!

Intel I7 6700K Skylake -- 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz --  Samsung SSD950 Pro * 2 --  Nvidia RTX2070 Founders Edition --  Oculus Rift with touch -- BeQuiet Pure Power 650W -- Bowers&Wilkins 607 Surround -- Pioneer Vsx930

#195 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:28 AM

If you're referring to my post, nowhere did I say it was to replace 3 click. 3 click just wouldn't have the benefit of real time spin control.

Why penalize any swing type?  That is simply wrong.

#196 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:34 AM

Wirenut48,

ICBW, but I believe that the main reason that some 3 clickers are resistant to any discussions of other swing methods is due to a subconscious fear of the eventual extinction of their beloved 3 click swing method. ;)

-MERACE

I have said it before and it is worth repeating yet again.  NO swing is realistic unless playing with real clubs.  I am not saying you in particular but many frown on 3 click users as though their choice of swing is superior.  That is simply poppycock and boulderdash.

Hey the wheel has been around for centuries.  Maybe it is time to retire this old method of transportation for something new.  LOL

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#197 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:35 PM

I have said it before and it is worth repeating yet again.  NO swing is realistic unless playing with real clubs.  I am not saying you in particular but many frown on 3 click users as though their choice of swing is superior.  That is simply poppycock and boulderdash.

Hey the wheel has been around for centuries.  Maybe it is time to retire this old method of transportation for something new.  LOL

@wire

As long as there are computer games, there will be a mouse involved. That means the best golf games will include a 3C meter because like all orginail ideas, three click was the orginal swing method in the best golf game back in the 1990's.  It's always the (original good idea) that stays alive forever. So it goes for the 3C meter.

@GB

I completely agree that there is NO swing method in virtual golf that feels "real".  Real is only achieved with a real golf club.

---

What matters for computer players the most, is a swing method that "feels good".  The virtual experience depends on just how well the visuals and audio perform on one's computer. And, of course, the ability of designers to create courses that play well within the games framework.

I think JNPG is better than any other video golf game I have ever played - and that's a lot of golf games since Windows 95.

• GoldenBear likes this

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#198 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:20 PM

What's with you guys, all I was asking for is an improved and more realistic analog swing.

• Buck and SebGOLO like this

#199 SebGOLO

SebGOLO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:19 AM

What's with you guys, all I was asking for is an improved and more realistic analog swing.

Yes, and you made very good Points. @Dave don`t really know how one can misinterprete so much...

#200 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:09 AM

lets talk about a shot clock. we really need a shorter shot clock.

im to a point anymore where the MP play is really not that fun due to the time some take on their shots.

60 seconds is just way to long when playing with more then 2 people, can make a round seem to take forever

not to mention the connection issues when playing with 4 that also slow the game down. i think an easy answer to this would be to

add a 30 second option along with the 60 second option, problem solved and the players who thrive for a round in a timely manner

will be able to get it. not to mention the difficulty level rising at playing in fast paced rounds.

on the SM leaving it alone , everyone gets to pick theirs so there should not really be any complaining

you picked you play it. no matter how you look at it, this is just a PC GAME and never going to be the real thing for 

people on a PC.

• GoldenBear likes this

Klipsch Sound System

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users