#221 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:44 PM

oh jeez.. someones's unhappy again. time for a pity party.

#222 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:54 PM

Bravo.  Those who are astute saw the writing on the wall over a year ago.

Please point us to this wall that has this writing on it that confirms there will be no PG2.

You guys are speculating there won't be a PG2 as much as those who say there will.

• SebGOLO likes this

#223 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:28 PM

Please point us to this wall that has this writing on it that confirms there will be no PG2.

You guys are speculating there won't be a PG2 as much as those who say there will.

The day PG2 comes out I will admit I was wrong which is something that few men do these days.  Until such a time I highly doubt it will happen.

#224 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:29 PM

oh jeez.. someones's unhappy again. time for a pity party.

I thought your Hackbook account is full of posts of you being unhappy.  Go figure...

#225 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:40 PM

yes, you are correct. and thanks for visiting.

#226 SebGOLO

SebGOLO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:11 AM

The wisdom of youth.

Lolol :)     No `wisdom` involved Sir, just a Little hope and faith.

Intel I7 6700K Skylake -- 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz --  Samsung SSD950 Pro * 2 --  Nvidia RTX2070 Founders Edition --  Oculus Rift with touch -- BeQuiet Pure Power 650W -- Bowers&Wilkins 607 Surround -- Pioneer Vsx930

#227 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:14 AM

Lolol :)     No `wisdom` involved Sir, just a Little hope and faith.

“They call it faith because it’s not knowledge”
  • SebGOLO likes this

#228 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:41 AM

This is not a thread to speculate about when a PG2 release will happen, this has been discussed 'ad nauseam' and until we have more information to share we won't be commenting on it. If you have a feature you would like to see in PG2 please comment as that is what the thread is for.

• SebGOLO likes this

#229 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 12:53 PM

I would like to see a full 'spectator' mode, up to a limit where it may affect any game ping, which would also allow the spectator the ability to roam and set-up with their own angles to watch play. I am aware we may be going over towards a first person perspective on shots, and possibly even away from strictly turn-based, but I would certainly like to retain the current turn-based format as a default or at least a hosting option. This proposed 'spectaor' mode would also be akin to a TV Director mode, allowing for great coverage and streaming of matches and increasing the potential audience and interest in the title.

• Biffa, Jesus Jones and SebGOLO like this

#230 catflap

catflap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:49 PM

I've not been around for quite a while, but this topic set me thinking about the old golf games I played on the Amiga. The course selection/menu screen on the old PGA games had a picture of the clubhouse in the background. I remember it really added to the atmosphere and feel of being at a club:

738-3-pga-tour-golf.jpg

486598-pga-european-tour-amiga-cd32-scre

The pictures have obviously aged a bit (and I was never quite sure what the guy outside the window was doing on the bottom one!), but it would be great to see something like this - and would be simple to implement?

• SebGOLO likes this

#231 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 04:26 PM

I've not been around for quite a while, but this topic set me thinking about the old golf games I played on the Amiga. The course selection/menu screen on the old PGA games had a picture of the clubhouse in the background. I remember it really added to the atmosphere and feel of being at a club:

738-3-pga-tour-golf.jpg

486598-pga-european-tour-amiga-cd32-scre

The pictures have obviously aged a bit (and I was never quite sure what the guy outside the window was doing on the bottom one!), but it would be great to see something like this - and would be simple to implement?

Personally I love that idea, being able to go into a pro shop and pick some clubs or to choose apparel off the shelf and then try it out on the range. It would have to a fully rendered 3d environment in this day and age. Easy to implement? Unfortunately not.

• SebGOLO likes this

#232 catflap

catflap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:06 PM

Personally I love that idea, being able to go into a pro shop and pick some clubs or to choose apparel off the shelf and then try it out on the range. It would have to a fully rendered 3d environment in this day and age. Easy to implement? Unfortunately not.

I guess you're right!

#233 SebGOLO

SebGOLO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:06 AM

I would like to see a full 'spectator' mode, up to a limit where it may affect any game ping, which would also allow the spectator the ability to roam and set-up with their own angles to watch play. I am aware we may be going over towards a first person perspective on shots, and possibly even away from strictly turn-based, but I would certainly like to retain the current turn-based format as a default or at least a hosting option. This proposed 'spectaor' mode would also be akin to a TV Director mode, allowing for great coverage and streaming of matches and increasing the potential audience and interest in the title.

Me too!

Intel I7 6700K Skylake -- 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz --  Samsung SSD950 Pro * 2 --  Nvidia RTX2070 Founders Edition --  Oculus Rift with touch -- BeQuiet Pure Power 650W -- Bowers&Wilkins 607 Surround -- Pioneer Vsx930

#234 SebGOLO

SebGOLO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:20 AM

You must be new here. Welcome to the wait and see forums.

That`s what they tell you everywhere, after all `Forums` are the preferred gathering place of the you know what these days

#235 SebGOLO

SebGOLO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:25 AM

I was thinking about a `training mode`, where you and your buddy could practice on the same shot, letting them see what you see. Enabling someone to explain how he sets up, prepares and executes his shots. (ok I know not gonna happen) 

`caddy mode`- lets you walk on the course and enjoy it from a first person perspective, simulating a first person walking motion. Or even a golf cart :)

#236 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:58 AM

I was thinking about a `training mode`, where you and your buddy could practice on the same shot, letting them see what you see. Enabling someone to explain how he sets up, prepares and executes his shots. (ok I know not gonna happen)
`caddy mode`- lets you walk on the course and enjoy it from a first person perspective, simulating a first person walking motion. Or even a golf cart :)

Hmmm interesting..... what about a HORSE, CTP competition and the players get to drop balls on the course where they want to hit from (similar to current practice mode).

#237 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:27 AM

I have two wishes.  One is a stable meter and the second one is PG2 actually being released.

#238 SebGOLO

SebGOLO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:50 AM

Hmmm interesting..... what about a HORSE, CTP competition and the players get to drop balls on the course where they want to hit from (similar to current practice mode).

Being able to quickly drop a ball where you want sure would be very nice...not so sure About a horse lol, to each his own :)

CTP would be skillz, which is an existing playmode. Although in current form it rquires you to mess with Course designer to place starting positions...

#239 SebGOLO

SebGOLO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:50 AM

I have two wishes.  One is a stable meter and the second one is PG2 actually being released.

stable meter, sign me up ;)  

#240 granite00

granite00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 08:13 AM

Windows 7 compatible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users