308 replies to this topic

#201 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:34 AM

A couple of screenshots every year to make me keep believing it's coming out.
  • erwildcat likes this

#202 KChavis

KChavis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationOwings Mills, MD

Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:56 AM

A release before the end of the year?

#203 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:56 AM

A release before the end of the year?

Any updated news before the end of the year?  

• DivotMaker likes this

#204 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 September 2018 - 03:17 PM

Any updated news before the end of the year?  

It would be nice Rob, but I very much doubt it. The Dev's seem to be under some form of NDA about anything these days.

PG seems to have reached the end of its development cycle with v1.4.3.0 and while the community does there bit with new courses and Unity related tweaks it seems the Dev's are now focused on their work for Trackman. How much development time they can give to PG2 we don't know and will likely not be told, lol. 

I was optimistic about the PG2 in the past, especially when we saw the previews of the 3D turf and the new Unity lighting all those months ago, but the longer it goes on and the total lack of developer interaction (mainly due to Trackman), the less confident I am of ever seeing a follow up to PG.

So I guess if folks are wanting a new golf game to play, TGC is their only port of call. 

• DivotMaker and RobV like this

#205 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:07 PM

I find it hard to fathom that some still think PG2 will be released.

#206 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:13 PM

I find it hard to fathom that some still think PG2 will be released.

MJ does make reference to PG2 and the new CF every now and again as well as the new version of Unity, so this just keeps folks hopes  alive. Until either AJ or MJ come out and state categorically that PG2 will never see the light of day as a sequel to PG, then people still hold out hope.

GB, you seem to be the resident doom-monger on these boards for all things PG, PG2 and even TGC2019, which sometimes has me trying to fathom why you are still here.

• DivotMaker and Kimmer1947 like this

#207 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:16 PM

GB, you seem to be the resident doom-monger on these boards for all things PG, PG2 and even TGC2019, which sometimes has me trying to fathom why you are still here.

Heading into the cold and dark Winter up there in Canada soon too...

:(

#208 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:51 PM

Heading into the cold and dark Winter up there in Canada soon too...

:(

You are hilarious!  We call the US The Great White South now.  The snow you get in one snowfall is our total accumulation for the winter.  The weather has changed, your stereotypes need to too.  :)

• balaceanca81 likes this

#209 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:53 PM

MJ does make reference to PG2 and the new CF every now and again as well as the new version of Unity, so this just keeps folks hopes  alive. Until either AJ or MJ come out and state categorically that PG2 will never see the light of day as a sequel to PG, then people still hold out hope.

I ask the same thing of many other who still frequent this forum.  Whereas I still play every single day, many others have mentioned they rarely if at all still play this game.  One has to wonder why they, not me are still around this forum.

#210 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:57 PM

You are hilarious!

Thank you!

#211 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:20 PM

Oh how I'd love to find that thread with the poll asking for PG2 release date predictions. Some misguided fools actually said 4th Quarter 2017!! And here we are coming in to Q4 2018. Does anyone want to revise their stupidly optimistic predictions? For the record, I said NEVER.

There was a brief flurry of forum activity from the devs a while ago after months of nothing and I'll guarantee it was because Trackman told them to get in here and say something - otherwise we still would not have heard from them. Trackman would have also suggested they set some official tournaments. lol

You must understand kitty kats - they aren't doing this for us.

Anyway, I'm bored with this game yet again.

Sayonara.

• GoldenBear likes this

#212 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:39 AM

Thank you!

I think you missed part of the copy and paste.  I call that selective pasting.  

Here is the full reply to you.  "You are hilarious!  We call the US The Great White South now.  The snow you get in one snowfall is our total accumulation for the winter.  The weather has changed, your stereotypes need to too.   :)"

Cheers  :)

#213 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:40 AM

Oh how I'd love to find that thread with the poll asking for PG2 release date predictions. Some misguided fools actually said 4th Quarter 2017!! And here we are coming in to Q4 2018. Does anyone want to revise their stupidly optimistic predictions? For the record, I said NEVER.

There was a brief flurry of forum activity from the devs a while ago after months of nothing and I'll guarantee it was because Trackman told them to get in here and say something - otherwise we still would not have heard from them. Trackman would have also suggested they set some official tournaments. lol

Sayonara.

Bravo.  Those who are astute saw the writing on the wall over a year ago.

#214 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:07 AM

Cheers

Well said
To you as well

#215 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:48 AM

Sayonara.

All of that is completely wrong! lol

• ✠ davef ✠, balaceanca81, RobC and 1 other like this

#216 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:46 AM

So tell us the truth. Don't be Trump-like.

Perception is everything.

#217 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 08:57 AM

Ohh you little tease ;) :lol:

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#218 SebGOLO

SebGOLO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:08 AM

Lol, it`s always the same with forum  speculations concerning release discussions...some are whining, some a little bîtchin, and whining and whining. I have no doubt that PG2 will released, why would a developer ask for your input and wishlist?  I say stop the speculations and wait for the game to come out, it will be worth it. Spreading false information and/or rumours won`t help. 

Intel I7 6700K Skylake -- 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz --  Samsung SSD950 Pro * 2 --  Nvidia RTX2070 Founders Edition --  Oculus Rift with touch -- BeQuiet Pure Power 650W -- Bowers&Wilkins 607 Surround -- Pioneer Vsx930

#219 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:15 AM

Lol, it`s always the same with forum speculations concerning release discussions...some are whining, some a little bîtchin, and whining and whining. I have no doubt that PG2 will released, why would a developer ask for your input and wishlist? I say stop the speculations and wait for the game to come out, it will be worth it. Spreading false information and/or rumours won`t help.

You must be new here. Welcome to the wait and see forums.
  • GoldenBear and SebGOLO like this

#220 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:19 AM

Lol, it`s always the same with forum  speculations concerning release discussions...some are whining, some a little bîtchin, and whining and whining. I have no doubt that PG2 will released, why would a developer ask for your input and wishlist?  I say stop the speculations and wait for the game to come out, it will be worth it. Spreading false information and/or rumours won`t help. 

The wisdom of youth.

• GoldenBear and SebGOLO like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users