#101 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 June 2018 - 08:41 PM

How do you do that Dave, where do you turn off seeing others recorded rounds?

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#102 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:08 PM

As others have mentioned..random tees and pins.  A MUST.

#103 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:21 PM

How do you do that Dave, where do you turn off seeing others recorded rounds?

make your steam profile private

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#104 footslogger

footslogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:57 AM

A deep, immersive career mode

#105 Sikkum

Sikkum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAlbany WA

Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:04 AM

I may be late to the party but there are a couple of things I would like to see added to PG2

The introduction of a "punch" shot (it's the only one missing from the selection.)

The ability to play a chip or pitch from the green. (it is a legal shot and have no idea why it was stopped.)

I don't think this is asking too much.

Sikkum

• spy88 likes this

Archie Hodge

#106 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:40 AM

think many have closed down there steam access as it 

seems recorded rounds slow the game a bit. i noticed a big change when i threw out a batch i had in my folder

and turned off seeing others ingame.

Two thumbs way up Dave.  I had my profile set to friends only could view and changed it to public.  I booted PG and looked and voila tons of games.  Woohoo  :)

#107 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:34 PM

I may be late to the party but there are a couple of things I would like to see added to PG2

The introduction of a "punch" shot (it's the only one missing from the selection.)

The ability to play a chip or pitch from the green. (it is a legal shot and have no idea why it was stopped.)

I don't think this is asking too much.

Sikkum

Agreed about the punch shot.  The wedge physics in general still need some work IMO, especially pitches as others have mentioned.  The previous incarnation that had some bite when you overswing was much more life like.

#108 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:32 PM

If the partnership with Nicklaus Design continues, then would love to see some JN designed courses in the game, not necessarily just PGA Tour venues. Not sure how the partnership with Trackman affects the JN Design deal that was signed.

I think Andrew once posted about the intention to do this with JNPG and release a JN Design course pack and also an Asian Course pack, but these were something that never came to fruition, for whatever reason..

Also, would love to see the Links 2003 courses back catalogue of Mr M Jones see the light of day in PG2 to add to the Crystal Pines and Shadowlands layouts we already have. These being:-

Atlantic Point, Babylon Ridge, Burn's Old Links, Cara Brae, Driftwood, El Escorpion, Las Joyas, Northern Dunes, Pacific Breaks, Pilgrim Trails, Royal County Kilderry, Royal Kenya and Rugged Dune.

One can dream.

• Arsam, J_Schollmeyer, Keith and 2 others like this

#109 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:46 PM

get us a Presidents course pack 

all the Trump courses, think they just opened the 18th in their 

collecting of prime real estate.

worth a cnote here!

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#110 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:40 AM

I thought this had been mentioned but couldn't find the post...

Ability to play in a tournament while playing against a recorded round. 

A major immersion factor.

A few of us did this in a comp a while ago and it was quite exciting. 

1st two rounds with the same partner. 1st round one partner plays first and records, 2nd round switch. Final two rounds pairings based on position on leaderboard. Higher ranked player records.

More practical than live multiplay and not as lonely as the alternative.

A fantasy idea....a lobby ELO. 

• Mailman likes this

#111 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:58 AM

1st two rounds with the same partner. 1st round one partner plays first and records, 2nd round switch. Final two rounds pairings based on position on leaderboard. Higher ranked player records.

Yes, this would be a welcome enhancement!  

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#112 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:02 AM

I have always used the RTSM since day one and have always found it difficult in the extreme- I am not a very good gamer and have a few issues with hand trembles due to an illness when I were a lad. A good round for me is anywhere from +2 to +10!

After reading a different thread, I was looking to check my settings and stumbled on Motion swing. Why havent I looked at this before as I now manage to shoot around par after just a couple of rounds and just loving the control even a useless ape like me can achieve.

Please can this be left/included in PG2 as I ahve found a new lease of life for the game that I lost a while ago!

I thang you

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#113 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:37 AM

Many of the things suggested in this thread PG2 were features that were part and parcel of Links 2003 and are still as relevant today as they were a few years ago when PG1 came along.

My wish list for PG2 would include the following (in no particular order):

(1)  1:1 RTS Swing advocated by Daz (and others maybe).  Sure I can play reasonably well with the present 'timing' but still yearn for the same 1:1 ani/mouse movement I see in TGC2 (one of its best features) and Links2003.

(2) More customistation with tees and pins.  At the very least a random button for both.  I'd also like to be able to create a certain set of pins/tees & to save and play this created set either solo or in multiplayer or to send to someone else.  Links did this with the LTS file creation and was brilliant.  Would be great to be able to do this in PG2.

(3)  Customisation of overhead cam size with OOB clearly marked if possible.

(4)  Current textures are generally good but would love to see turf effects make what I see even more realistic.

(5)  Better optimisation and higher fps to at least up to 60 fps when the eye-candy is turned up.  Most courses for me do this but not all and invariably most holes on problem courses are OK until I get that dreadful slow-down.

(6)  Customise the speed of the hole preview camera F3 to your preference.  Current speed for me is too slow.

(7)  Porting of all PG1 courses into PG2.

(8) Female ani and leftie ani.

(9) Customisation of ani (again Links 2003 was brilliant in this respect).

(10)  Soundscripts - ability to create your own would be a godsend.  I still yearn for The 'Hackmaster' SSF.

(11)  Have more options for green and fairway hardness.  A numerical scale would be great with say 1=Softest, 5=Normal, 9=Hardest, such that you could either use the current presets or fine-tune to suit.

(12)  In fact any improvements to customisations and more options would be welcome.

EDIT

(13) A more visible flag or at least an option to make it more visible 

• Arsam, Tresclub, erwildcat and 1 other like this

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#114 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:15 PM

I thought this had been mentioned but couldn't find the post...

A fantasy idea....a lobby ELO. 

"More practical than live multiplay and not as lonely as the alternative."

???

#115 Trip

Trip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:32 AM

1. Support for as many launch monitors as possible. I use SkyTrak at the moment.

I'm guessing you're not going to get your wish on this one. (I also use skytrak, and am very disappointed we probably won't be able to play GC2.)

#116 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:17 AM

EDIT

(14) Create a sound of ball striking the pin from off the green rather than nada with PG1

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#117 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:24 PM

more control on the spin.under hit wedge shots can be a little to over the top. and ball running through rough. 

• Keith and spy88 like this

#118 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:07 PM

My Wii sim, and I do shoot real life scores with it and get feedback on swing data. Much easier to control with real golf club grip.  I know its nowhere as accurate as GC2 but when i play without assists its so close to real life scores. The Wii U has better graphics then the old Wii also. While graphics have improved tremendously and the addition of high end sims is great. Just feel we skipped over the casual gamer and went back to mouse input.

https://www.dropbox....172408.jpg?dl=0

Scorecard

https://www.dropbox....151202.jpg?dl=0

Just wish we had something like this for Perfect Golf gamer's. Thought i would give this a try so I ordered it. 

https://www.tittlego...m/tittle_x.html

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#119 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:12 PM

And you need the $1800 trugolfcloud to go with it ?

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#120 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:06 PM

And you need the $1800 trugolfcloud to go with it ?

No Sir it comes with 14 courses, just bought it to see how well it registers swing data. I just think that this would be a good edition to PG and TGC for those who want to swing vs mouse is all. I live in a golf community with 27 hole of free golf included with my HOA. This is to just  have some fun on rainy days inside.  It may end up being the worst thing i bought, but it wont break me.

Specs

61 and slowing down

eyesight fair to middlen

Bogey golfer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users