336 replies to this topic

#61 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 02:50 PM

I dunno.. looks like PG1 graphics to me..    not overly impressed with the graphics given what is out there on xbox and ps4 these days.   I know comparing apples and oranges, but I could point out current courses that look better then some of these screenshots. 

I get what your saying.  Looks like what we have now with a new lighting engine (more like PG 1.5 at best).  I'll have to wait and reserve judgement though until we get some more actual screenshots instead of ones like these from a projector screen. 

#62 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:03 PM

We shouldn’t discount core gameplay fixes that may be there also however.
Wind, physics, colliders, interface, etc. - that sort of stuff.

We haven’t seen updates to any of that for almost 2 whole years for PG1.
It stands to reason there are lots of under the hood improvements beyond what we can see in photos.

#63 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:24 PM

Okay, I see it now... the person's image, had a cartoonish look to him, due to the focus of the photography.  Yes, that's not an avatar.

They will not implement avatars. Take my word on it or not. The game is playable with mouse YES (without avatar), because they test many things by playing with a mouse. But there has to be a change in their strategy to make this game appear to PC/mouse players.

I almost started working for them as a contractor, so I have had some conversations about things. I don't know much, but avatars is something you can search for years and probably you'll never find one in this game.

Hope they'll change their strategy in time in great many things, but avatars is defenitely not the first in my list.

The TM VG2 will be good, but without my home courses and possibility to make different courses, it don't mean much to me. I believe many others think the same way. People want their own home courses to this platform and TM can't do them all. Having a community is a good thing in PG1. Bad thing is, they'll take our simulation possibility away 2020.

So have a nice day! We live difficult times here ;).

• Buck and Greensboronclion like this

#64 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:22 PM

I get what your saying.  Looks like what we have now with a new lighting engine (more like PG 1.5 at best).  I'll have to wait and reserve judgement though until we get some more actual screenshots instead of ones like these from a projector screen. 

You all talk like it's coming to the PC, I highly doubt that unless it comes from Mike and Andrews mouth. Again I have no faith in Trackman, they screwed us over and will always do so long as they own the rights to Perfect Golf and VG2.

The PROJECTOR is all your going to see screens from.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#65 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:34 PM

They will not implement avatars. Take my word on it or not. The game is playable with mouse YES (without avatar), because they test many things by playing with a mouse. But there has to be a change in their strategy to make this game appear to PC/mouse players.

I almost started working for them as a contractor, so I have had some conversations about things. I don't know much, but avatars is something you can search for years and probably you'll never find one in this game.

Hope they'll change their strategy in time in great many things, but avatars is defenitely not the first in my list.

The TM VG2 will be good, but without my home courses and possibility to make different courses, it don't mean much to me. I believe many others think the same way. People want their own home courses to this platform and TM can't do them all. Having a community is a good thing in PG1. Bad thing is, they'll take our simulation possibility away 2020.

So have a nice day! We live difficult times here ;).

I’ll take TM VirtualGolf 2 with out an avatar if it helps it to make it to PC..
  • RobC likes this

#66 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:45 PM

I’ll take TM VirtualGolf 2 with out an avatar if it helps it to make it to PC..

Do you play 3C?  

• Greensboronclion likes this

#67 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:55 PM

Without an avatar it's not playable with RTSC or RTSM as you have to have an avatar for those swings but 3C you just need a meter. That tells me that if they don't plan on having an avatar the game is dead as they won't make a game ever again for just 3C and for that matter you will never see another game that has 3C. Just my 2 cents but I agree with Dropzone that the lights go out in 2020.
  • Buck likes this

#68 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:57 PM

Didn't we hear that Mike (or someone) was actually testing PG2/VG2 all during development with a controller?

(and presumably Hacker Harry in there still?)

#69 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 November 2019 - 12:59 AM

Do you play 3C?

Yes.

#70 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 01:22 AM

abo6Pv6.jpg

• DennisHarris, balaceanca81, erwildcat and 4 others like this

#71 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 01:32 AM

lmao

#72 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 01:36 AM

Lmao also. Good one Z.

#73 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 01:53 AM

I honestly would be fine with a stick figure avatar if it would get me PG2

#74 Arsam

Arsam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:06 AM

To be perfectly honest I could care less of we ever see a PG2.  As long as we have continued access to PG1 (Solo and Multiplayer online) with user designed courses which have been expanding the Graphics by leap and bounds lately I will be happily playing JNPG to the end of my days. Even goofy Harry Hacker with his "Broken wrist" is satisfactory for me to play RTS-M.

• JoeF and Mulligan like this

RTS-Mouse Swing, Pro Level, BLI

HP Pavilion 790-0025T Minitower Gaming PC
Intel Hexa-Core i7-8700 cpu @ 3.2 GHz (Turbo up to 4.6 GHz), 12 MB Cache
64-bit Operating Sys​tem, x64 Based Processor
400 Watt Power Supply
16 GB DDR4-26666MHz 2-DIMM Memory
NVidia GeForce GTX1060 3GB Gaming Graphic Card

DELL D3218HN 31.5" Full HD LED Back-Lit HDMI Monitor, 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz  Maximum Resolution, 4,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio

Windows 10 Home Edition, 64 bit - DirecrX v.12.0

#75 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:17 AM

Without an avatar it's not playable with RTSC or RTSM as you have to have an avatar for those swings...

This is not strictly true G.............

I have played many times sans avatar with RTSM. 

I set the cam just in front of the dude's head and swing the mouse as usual.

Your instinct and muscle memory will give you a good result.

Watching the ball fly from the tee without the dude is wonderful. It gives a 'realistic', immersive feel. (And to think some people still use 3C.)

Of course, it's a bit of a pain in the arse getting the cam in the right position. If they could have just coded that sort of stuff in PG1 before they bailed out. That's what disappoints most about PP selling out.

I've got a video stored away somewhere. I'll try and find it.

#76 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:29 AM

Never really tried RTSM but I loaded TGC2019 again last night to check something out.  I've never been able to putt in it, hitting it either off the green or 2 feet. Worked it out - don't look at the avatar. Can totally appreciate what you're saying Ted.

Sim play - we'd hate avatars in the way, but we like seeing them when others are hitting.

#77 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:39 AM

I wouldn't worry about the avatar issue.  Hacker Harry wasn't implemented until around the early alpha release of PG.  Before that, all the 3c testers had was a swing meter (while the motion swing users had a different meter that indicated when they were at the top/bottom of their swing).

Also, don't forget what Mike said about making PC/console versions:

PG2 is being worked on as it forms the basis for future iterations of the Trackman sim. We are working hard behind the scenes for a version to be released for PC and console as it would effectively be low hanging fruit as the majority of the work would have been done.

Trackman knows how easy it would be to port the game over.  It's just a matter of whether or not they decide to go through with it.

#78 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:13 AM

Any future game without click option will die...very quickly. The talk in here is like Mouse swingers are in the majority. Far from it, remove the Mouse option, no avatar is necessary (though some Mousers don't seem to need the avatar either) and less players would be "lost".

Look at the current week of PGLS - 1 Controller player and about 12% are Mouse swingers of some type, which leaves the large majortiy being clickers. Unless it's for console, any future golf game has to have a click option.  I realise PGLS doesn't count for all players, but i'll wager that the non Tournie playing community doesn't differ that much.

• fungolfer likes this

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#79 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 12:20 PM

TGC didn't die without a click option.

#80 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 01:31 PM

Any future game without click option will die...very quickly. The talk in here is like Mouse swingers are in the majority. Far from it, remove the Mouse option, no avatar is necessary (though some Mousers don't seem to need the avatar either) and less players would be "lost".

Look at the current week of PGLS - 1 Controller player and about 12% are Mouse swingers of some type, which leaves the large majortiy being clickers. Unless it's for console, any future golf game has to have a click option.  I realise PGLS doesn't count for all players, but i'll wager that the non Tournie playing community doesn't differ that much.

Andy I respect your opinion but there is no way they are going to build a game for less than 100 clickers. If a PG2 is to be built and come it will be for the consoles not the PC and I might get beat up for saying that but it's business and business is about making money not making a game for Charity. My gut says there won't be a PG2 or TGC2020 or whatever as video golf has such a low audience and is not profitable. I will continue to play PG till the end as it was and is the best video golf game ever but I am sorry I just can't believe anybody would jump in the video golf game market.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users