#161 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:44 PM

I have lost all hope we will see a PG2 and not shocking as once TM took over I figured it was over. I just wish we had a hard copy of PG1 and we could have Modded it like in Links but that will never happen. I currently have been playing Rory on Xbox One as I will take that to Florida with me the 1st of the year as I spend winter down there as it's warmer. I forgot how good that game looks and gameplay good but not as good as PG but hey at least it got career mode. Sad that the best golf game ever goes no further and just think how good it really could have been. I am sorry but I am not buying that the game will work in tournament play if the server is shut down in 2020 so I am preparing for the end and don't know if we will ever see another game from anybody.

#162 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 November 2019 - 11:26 PM

https://www.facebook...20032516821641/

Not sure what this link is showing but all’s it brings up are a lot of videos and nothing to do with golf. I know nothing about Facebook as I don’t use it.

#163 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 11:39 PM

works fine for me.  its a videi

#164 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:04 PM

Not sure what this link is showing but all’s it brings up are a lot of videos and nothing to do with golf. I know nothing about Facebook as I don’t use it.

I was able to view it using Chrome.  I can't imagine where you're ending up when you click on the link, but when I click on it, there's one video of a guy getting ready to hit a wedge shot.  It runs for about 20 seconds.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#165 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:14 PM

We're getting closer to having the kind of gameplay video I'd like to see of Virtual Golf 2 on Trackman's Instagram page.  Check this out:

https://www.instagra.../p/B5UyWXSnpwi/

• DPRoberts likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#166 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:53 PM

#167 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:39 PM

Man that looks nice!  I wasn't expecting to see the almost imperceptible delay between the shot hitting the screen and the ball flight animation.  That nearly seamless integration would be a huge step in your senses connecting the action with the result.  The visuals are even sweeter than I imagined :wub:  I left him a suggestion to post a video of him playing a few holes tee to green.  Thanks for posting this zmax!

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#168 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 26 November 2019 - 11:25 PM

John the visuals are nothing that we don't have now or can't do already. Boy they sure have all you fooled into thinking it's something it's not.

Show me one thing in this video that we can't do now? I don't see one thing!!!

They just ported PG1 into one of the newer versions of Unity and probably just SLIGHTLY and VERY SLIGHTLY that is modified it. We have already seen courses by designers already that would stand up against anything they can show us for TM VG2..

• zmax - sim and Dropzone73 like this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#169 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:01 AM

John the visuals are nothing that we don't have now or can't do already. Boy they sure have all you fooled into thinking it's something it's not.

Show me one thing in this video that we can't do now? I don't see one thing!!!

They just ported PG1 into one of the newer versions of Unity and probably just SLIGHTLY and VERY SLIGHTLY that is modified it. We have already seen courses by designers already that would stand up against anything they can show us for TM VG2..

I'm looking at the quality of the Turf Effects 3-D rough, and that even though we're seeing it on a projection screen, I can still see the quality and imagine what it would look like on a direct HDTV display.  I'm also looking at a sky that looks more vivid and lifelike than what I've seen in PG1.  I'm certainly no expert on this, but I can make an A/B comparison, factoring in the differences in display technology.

• Buck likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#170 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:35 AM

Man I wish this was available back when I played the game seriously. What a great setup and today a guy can get up before work and hit balls before leaving and when he got home. I used to get to the golf course at 6:00am and play nine then take a shower and go to work from there and did that every day just to stay sharp for the weekend events. Today these guys don't even have to leave the house. Wow.

#171 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:34 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=QzkPwto9xxs

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#172 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:39 AM

Here's something closer to complete tee to green play (the golfer has auto-putt enabled) at Silverleaf Golf Club.  The desert mountain backdrop is easily the best looking I've ever seen in ANY golf game or simulation!  I questioned the poster and he says he's only interesting in ball striking and that's why he has it in auto-putt.  I'd love to see how the full putting experience goes with this though.  What's the norm for gimmies on simulators?

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#173 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:36 AM

Jcat,

You never saw VG1 I take it.  I agree with JoeH.

#174 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:53 AM

Jcat,

You never saw VG1 I take it.  I agree with JoeH.

VG1 as it relates to Trackman?  No.  I just know this, the graphics I've seen in the videos today look better than anything I've seen from JNPG on my PC at 1080p

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#175 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 04:48 AM

Tesla Cybertruck vs Electric Ford F150 - theoretical pissing match because you can't experience either at the moment.

Infancy of Oakmont. Testing 3DG in fairway, semi-rough and rough on my simulator. Course is completely splined but have to hand contour 210 bunkers...

• Joe Habiger, LeazesNDR, highfade and 9 others like this

#176 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:10 AM

Looks marvelous Matt .. Move over VG2 :)

#177 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:15 PM

I'm looking at the quality of the Turf Effects 3-D rough, and that even though we're seeing it on a projection screen, I can still see the quality and imagine what it would look like on a direct HDTV display.  I'm also looking at a sky that looks more vivid and lifelike than what I've seen in PG1.  I'm certainly no expert on this, but I can make an A/B comparison, factoring in the differences in display technology.

Turf effects are done in a different way than in PG1, but do they look any better, is a different question.

The rest is the same old stuff. 8192 res new good looking evening skybox, low res outer terrain with a high res overlay image and some very nice planting.

Big question is the performance. That might be something to be jealous about, but there isn't too much evidence about that either. Release notes from Unity 5.23f1 to Unity 2018 would give some answers about graphics optimization.

The course is one of the nicest though, I have to admit that, but it has about nothing to do with the new version of the engine or the game. It's just a very well done course.

• Joe Habiger likes this

#178 GolfGuy72_2000

GolfGuy72_2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 04:28 PM

When you look at what DPRoberts posted from his version of Oakmont and what's been posted so far from VG2, it really doesn't make VG2 look like much of an upgrade at all from VG1. I will say I've seen some shots where the lighting looks maybe slightly better in VG2, the sky boxes maybe look a little better, etc.  But put any what I've seen of VG2 against the very best designs from PG, and I wouldn't see much of a reason to switch, if that were even an option. The only thing that looks markedly better is the post shot graphics, and some of the teases we've seen of the user interface. But tee to green, it looks like kind of a wash.

Now, on the other hand, I will say that for an initial release, the graphics look good. And if course designer software could be put in the hands of some of PG's more skilled designers, I wonder how much better they might be able to get courses to look compared to VG2's stock offerings? We'll only know that if PG2 comes to light and allows community course creation.

DPRoberts, your Oakmont looks awesome! Can't wait to play it!  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US!

• Joe Habiger likes this

#179 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 27 November 2019 - 04:28 PM

Tesla Cybertruck vs Electric Ford F150 - theoretical pissing match because you can't experience either at the moment.

Infancy of Oakmont. Testing 3DG in fairway, semi-rough and rough on my simulator. Course is completely splined but have to hand contour 210 bunkers...

That looks fantastic... best looking 3D rough I've seen in PG1 yet!

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#180 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 27 November 2019 - 04:39 PM

Turf effects are done in a different way than in PG1, but do they look any better, is a different question.

The rest is the same old stuff. 8192 res new good looking evening skybox, low res outer terrain with a high res overlay image and some very nice planting.

Big question is the performance. That might be something to be jealous about, but there isn't too much evidence about that either. Release notes from Unity 5.23f1 to Unity 2018 would give some answers about graphics optimization.

The course is one of the nicest though, I have to admit that, but it has about nothing to do with the new version of the engine or the game. It's just a very well done course.

I asked the poster of the video for the specs of his machine.  He's got an Alienware 17, 16 GB RAM, i7 intel core 8750 @ 2.21 GHz.  I really wouldn't have an idea of how VG2 would perform on my system until if and when we'd ever see it come into fruition on a desktop PC.  I'm realizing now that I'm wasting my time blubbering over something I can't experience in its current form.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users