336 replies to this topic

#121 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:15 PM

I kind of find the moving clouds comment as funny though. Not sure I've ever played a round and thought, boy why aren't the clouds moving today?

I think it's more, do you see the clouds coming this way? Better head back to the clubhouse...
  • RobC and GolfGuy72_2000 like this

#122 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:11 PM

Well there's something called wind that moves the clouds in real life.  Maybe you've heard of it?  ;)

We've had golf games where they're just in an image moving left to right or vice versa.  The clouds in VG2 look to be 3 dimensional (or layered at least) though and are very realistic.  Just a cool addition to see like the 3D grass.  A huge jump even from the HDRI skies some designers have been using on PG courses of late.  It would be nice if they could be programmed to move the actual direction/speed the wind is moving at the time.

birkdale.jpg

• Buck likes this

#123 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:38 PM

How do you know the clouds move with the wind or move at all? I haven’t heard any TM users mention the clouds moving.

#124 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for posting the screens zmax... they do look stunning.  I guess when Trackman says "very soon", they mean very soon! :)  I see what *appears* to be cloud movement in the video Trackman posted on Twitter, but it also looks like that video has had some outside enhancement... I may be wrong though.  It's even harder not to be a Trackman 4 owner today  :(  I am anxious to read some reactions to this from those who are though!

• Buck likes this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#125 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:52 PM

How do you know the clouds move with the wind or move at all? I haven’t heard any TM users mention the clouds moving.

I didn't say I know the clouds move with the wind.  I said it would be nice if they did.

Haven't you seen the video in the twitter link I provided or the one on the Trackman site though?  I figured that would be fairly representative of what the clouds look like and how they move in game.

• Buck likes this

#126 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:54 PM

If PG2 doesn’t have online multiplayer and no online tournament play, would you still want it?

I would still want it, but not nearly as much as I would if it had online multiplayer and tournament play.  Are you reading some tea leaves that suggests this might be in the offing?

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#127 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:59 PM

I would still want it, but not nearly as much as I would if it had online multiplayer and tournament play.  Are you reading some tea leaves that suggests this might be in the offing?

It currently doesn’t have those things but they will probably add it later. Although I’m not sure if online multiplayer is even something TM users will even care for.

#128 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:00 PM

I didn't say I know the clouds move with the wind.  I said it would be nice if they did.

Haven't you seen the video in the twitter link I provided or the one on the Trackman site though?  I figured that would be fairly representative of what the clouds look like and how they move in game.

Saw that. But looks more like a promo video. I’ll find out if the clouds actually move. Not that I really care... lol
  • RobV likes this

#129 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:33 PM

It currently doesn’t have those things but they will probably add it later. Although I’m not sure if online multiplayer is even something TM users will even care for.

I misunderstood the intent of your question.  When you called the product "PG2", in asking "If PG2 doesn’t have online multiplayer and no online tournament play, would you still want it?"; I assumed you were speaking of the desktop PC version of Virtual Golf 2.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#130 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:36 PM

Saw that. But looks more like a promo video. I’ll find out if the clouds actually move. Not that I really care... lol

I'm sure they've embellished that video with some special effects, but I would like to know just how much of what we're seeing there is part of what they're calling "Broadcast Camera" in the feature list? 

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#131 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:38 PM

I really want to see a video clip of somebody using this new software.
I hope that is not too far off here

#132 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:54 PM

I misunderstood the intent of your question.  When you called the product "PG2", in asking "If PG2 doesn’t have online multiplayer and no online tournament play, would you still want it?"; I assumed you were speaking of the desktop PC version of Virtual Golf 2.

You understood correctly. VG2 currently doesn’t have online multiplayer nor online tournaments. If Andrew can somehow persuade TM VG2 to be released on PC, it would probably be called PG2. My point was that PG2 wouldn’t have online multiplayer until VG has it. But I don’t see why TM would invest in resources on something most TM users wouldn’t use.
  • JCat04 and Greensboronclion like this

#133 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:57 PM

I’d be OK with nothing but a direct IP connection to another user
  • fungolfer and Greensboronclion like this

#134 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:08 PM

My point was that PG2 wouldn’t have online multiplayer until VG has it. But I don’t see why TM would invest in resources on something most TM users wouldn’t use.

Okay, I see your point now... yeah, I imagine Trackman would likely have no interest in investing resources in developing features for the PC that would be used in the TM version.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#135 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:38 PM

This is cool..

Daylight_or_dusk_101frames_compressed.gi

Link

• JCat04 likes this

#136 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:24 PM

If PG2 doesn’t have online multiplayer and no online tournament play, would you still want it?

Yes, if a 3rd party site can run as they do now.

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#137 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:44 PM

I meant no tournament api period

#138 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:48 PM

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your email regarding VG2, we are very proud of it. It is my understanding that Vg2 will be for our Trackman simulator only.

Thank You

James

Sales Manager South West (Trackman)

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#139 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:11 AM

The YouTube channel Swing Golf Lounge has uploaded fly by videos of all 18 holes of the Sea Island Seaside course on VG2.

https://www.youtube....wkWDZxjFcmVY_7C

• Buck likes this

#140 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:26 PM

It's a promo video. In the end of that same video, you can see that the clouds aren't moving like you can see also in the fly by videos of Sea Island course. Slow cloud movement would be nice though, but that's only a promo trick in that video.

Today's flight sims and flight combat games have real moving skies, but I'm quite sure VG2 doesn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users