#401 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:17 PM

There most certainly is a course creator. Albeit your stuck with the textures they give you in-game.

Of course you are absolutely correct, there indeed is a CA for this sim. My fault for assuming that there probably would not be one.  I went through the whole tutorial on using it and it appears to be fairly easy for even novice designers to use and obtain acceptable result. However, as you pointed out, you are stuck with the textures that are included in this particular architect. Adequate for mainstream designers I guess but for more experienced creators, these textutes in a lot of ways would not cut the mustard.Although the vegetation featured in the 2k21 CA is acceptable, it can certainly not be described as extraordinary. Custom course design in this sim will take on a repetative look in a short period of time. An example of a terrible tree stock texture that is used to this very day in custom courses for the TW08 platform was actually introduced by EA Sports I believe in 07. Anybody that has played TW08 would be familiar with this tree. It is a light barked abortion that looks like holes were drilled into the trunk and the limbs were pushed into existing holes. If you play courses and there are many, and you apply any wind conditions but Calm, the limbs of these trees will seperate themselves fom the trunk. Why anybody would use this piece of crap in their otherwise great design is puzzeling to me. This is an extreme example to be sure. It is just to make the point that no matter how well a rendition is laid out, if the overall look is not portrayed in a realistic maner, it is only just ordinary.

#402 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 11:07 AM

We all said we don't like playing with the sun low in the sky . So some one has put the course condition  at dusk. 

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#403 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 September 2020 - 05:01 PM

How many in this forum have purchased this Sim? Would greatly appreciate any comments positive or negative. I am primarily interested in clothing & equiptment, as well as the quality  the facemaker and of course the CA.

#404 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 08 September 2020 - 06:41 PM

I'm more concerned about the comments about the gameplay (short game, etc.).

• Buck likes this

#405 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:32 PM

They really need to completely rebuild the short game for 2k22/23

#406 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 08 September 2020 - 09:04 PM

If you liked 2019 then you will see this as an improvement, not a huge leap and possibly not enough to justify top dollar, if you can get it on the cheap then its prob worth it, chipping is still a bit clunky but you can make it feel more realistic by delofting every chip shot, this gives the shot more of a bump and run feel, however, its a royal pain to keep going through this deloft process.  I kinda got a feel for pro so have jumped to master, at the moment it feels like a lottery, seems impossible to discern a fast from a slow at this level, i'm just about coping with it though.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#407 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 08 September 2020 - 09:08 PM

We all said we don't like playing with the sun low in the sky . So some one has put the course condition  at dusk. 

I set the event and just go with the default on the course,  i'm not going into every course i choose to change conditions, some will inevitably be in low light and others will not, i really don't see the big deal, its no hindrance either way.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#408 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 09:09 PM

How many in this forum have purchased this Sim? Would greatly appreciate any comments positive or negative. I am primarily interested in clothing & equiptment, as well as the quality  the facemaker and of course the CA.

Plenty of clothing and equipment but I don’t think much of the player creator. I couldn’t get the player to look anything like me because of the lack of options, but as I mentioned before, there are plenty of options for various pimples, moles and wrinkles.

You can choose your height and weight but that’s all you get regarding physique. 
The game is quite enjoyable but for some reason they’ve allowed you to play the splash shot from any lie.

The commentary does start the grate after a couple of seasons, with many repeated phrases.

I wish that there was a decent online manual for the game and course creator, but I can’t find one.

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#409 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 08 September 2020 - 09:13 PM

The career mode has been a let down for me, the A.I. appear to ignore slope rating and depending on difficulty the A.I. will post almost identical scores each event.  Basically you kinda know what you have score to win before the event starts, that has killed it for me, as there is no variation in scoring to match the slope of a course.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#410 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 10:00 PM

Just another HB effort...

I’m starting to think HB stands for “half baked”

#411 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 03:30 AM

...at least they still have oven cooking unlike some other golf games. 😜

-MERACE
  • Joe Habiger, Tigers Agent and RobV like this

#412 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 03:58 AM

It actually bums me out that HB isn’t it better at this

4 versions of TGC now and the continue to be plagued by so many old problems still.

#413 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 09 September 2020 - 09:26 AM

The designer looks better and has more options, but I still find the UI extremely clunky.

It gets tiresome having to hit four buttons just to get the option you want. Moving spline points requires way too much effort.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#414 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 09:32 AM

And quite tricky to use on a console. If anyone knows of a designer manual download (not tutorials) I would be grateful. 

WWG1WGA

#415 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 September 2020 - 07:25 PM

Looking at the above comments and thank you for those, it seems like the general consensus seems to be somewhere down the middle of the road. Since I do not own PGA 2k21 I will not render an opinion on the playability on this Simulation. What I have seen however is the CA that is provided along with all the other stuff. On the surface it looks fairly basic, and would not offer a creative designer many options to show real creativity. A couple of months ago, I purchase a game "The Hunter Call Of The Wild". Original release was in 2017 but underwent minor updates and was rereleased last year. The reason I make mention of this game although it does suffer from plenty of bugs, was the stunning detail of the hunting preserves that are featured in the huge maps. The detail given to the various types of landscapes is impressive. My immediate thought was how great it would be if these detailed terrains could be applied around tees, fairways, greens and bunkers of custom designed courses. One thing for certain,it would definitely lend mountains more credibility to the CA featured in 2k21.

#416 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 07:35 PM

It actually bums me out that HB isn’t it better at this

4 versions of TGC now and the continue to be plagued by so many old problems still.

Many are playing and steadily growing.. so they have to be doing something right! 

#417 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 09 September 2020 - 09:27 PM

I look at any game as what you might like others won't as for me I like it. I play in multiple Societies and at many different levels and setups and that includes Master, Pro and Pro-Am. The fields are huge in some society play and 500 in field not uncommon and that is a huge plus and I play on the PC side. I play about three rounds a day and have not touched PG since the game came out and was tired of low play in events and ridiculous scores. Played a two round event at East Lake at Pro settings and shot 78-71 and winner was at -11 after two rounds with field of well over 200 so much more satisfying. Is the swing as good as PG no it's not but enough for me to play this much and not get bored and I was struggling to play four rounds a week of PG and from the looks of the size of fields there I wasn't alone.

#418 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 11:37 PM

Many are playing and steadily growing.. so they have to be doing something right!

Considering there is no other competition left…
I would sure hope they’re getting some growth
  • theclubpro likes this

#419 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 07:32 AM

I have contacted a few people posting videos and tutorials and most had never heard of PG!
I would say that PGA Tour 2K21 has been marketed far better than PG.

I prefer PG’s controller swing mechanics, physics and course designer. I also prefer the look of PG but PGA Tour 2K21 is more accessible and has more of what people want in a golf game i.e. Career Mode, Player Creator, Clubs, Clothing and Equipment. Neither the Player Creator or Career Mode are particularly well done and are quite thin once you start delving into them. 
The game could have been so much better but is definitely an improvement on previous iterations. 

WWG1WGA

#420 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 11:19 AM

Considering there is no other competition left…
I would sure hope they’re getting some growth

That is not only the key factor..   like many popular sports games, they continued to develop newer versions of the games, adding new features, marketed a ton and it seems their fan base are positively rating this version of the game.   I still have not purchased it myself, but I am *this* close to doing so...  I am sure this game will go beyond my expectations..

• Buck and Greensboronclion like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users