613 replies to this topic

#421 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 03:58 PM

That is not only the key factor..   like many popular sports games, they continued to develop newer versions of the games, adding new features, marketed a ton and it seems their fan base are positively rating this version of the game.   I still have not purchased it myself, but I am *this* close to doing so...  I am sure this game will go beyond my expectations..

They have made improvements and added features but I feel they’ve left a few shots on the course, as the saying goes!

When the ‘tempo’ part of the swing is turned off, even on the ‘Legend’ setting it is still too easy to hit straight shots. If the ‘tempo-off’ swing had the same degree of hook and slice penalties that PG has, it would be far better and would be my preferred setting. As it is, the tempo swing isn’t bad. 
The course design part of the game is easy to use and it’s quite a simple process to get a nice looking course. I just wish there was a ‘smooth’ option when landscape sculpting, as in Course Forge.

• RobV likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#422 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:06 PM

PG Exiles society

Ok guys, after this weeks event at pebble i will be looking to settle on a locked difficulty and settings, so with that i need your input.

I'm thinking locked to pro but things like power bar for tee and greens, book, scout cam,aim marker and estimated wind should all be settled by opinion and what produces an immersive experience, without being overly difficult.  This weeks test event where i set pro am, book only, no scout cam and no aim marker appears to have been well received, but we need to settle on something by next weeks event...thoughts?

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#423 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:46 PM

PG Exiles society
Ok guys, after this weeks event at pebble i will be looking to settle on a locked difficulty and settings, so with that i need your input.
I'm thinking locked to pro but things like power bar for tee and greens, book, scout cam,aim marker and estimated wind should all be settled by opinion and what produces an immersive experience, without being overly difficult.  This weeks test event where i set pro am, book only, no scout cam and no aim marker appears to have been well received, but we need to settle on something by next weeks event...thoughts?

I say pro settings with power bars for greens and tee scout cam and aim marker all allowed. If we go without them most players will never finish as it's hard enough as it is and Pro-Am to easy IMHO. With those settings I will probably keep it in low 70's and I am open to percentage only on tee as that is playable. I will play whatever is setup but those settings will keep it realistic and hopefully not to harsh on all.
  • DoGgs likes this

#424 scrambler

scrambler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 10 September 2020 - 10:25 PM

I would like all options open but you set your options so you shoot around par or a little better.  If you  shoot too many low scores you have to set your own setting harder. That way I could play with tempo off  'cause it really sucks. 

#425 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 11:48 PM

I couldn't handle anything beyond ProAm.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#426 scrambler

scrambler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 12:05 AM

Try playing a round with swing timing turned off at master level and most other aids off. I have an old Logitech rumblepad and it does not like tempo but is fun with it turned off.

#427 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:55 AM

I've used that but I thought It would take a long time to find a Society using that permission. I'm keeping swing timing on when using Pro Am so I'm not completely throwing in the towel :-).

• Greensboronclion likes this

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#428 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 11 September 2020 - 11:28 AM

Yeh timing off is a no i'm afraid, by doing that its just a poor man's perfect golf.  It's too easy even on legendary, the timing is the only thing that makes TGC competitive.

• Greensboronclion likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#429 broomer

broomer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCape Cod, USA

Posted 11 September 2020 - 11:29 AM

PG Exiles society

Hi DoGgs,

Pro but NO power bars tee/green, book (YES), NO scout cam, aim marker (YES), estimated wind (YES)

BTW, I loved playing Jungfrau Lakes w/ your ghost --- you had me down 2 after the 1st hole & you never looked back, LOL :D

I mention this here because the 2K forum numbballs admins STILL haven't responded to my request to join :rolleyes:

looking forward to playing any & all 2K21 courses you create and/or port over

broomer

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz | GeForce GTX 770 | 16 GB RAM | Win 7 64-bit | Xbox 360 Controller

#430 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 01:53 PM

I am going to throw one more comment in and it's on Pro and if it's Pto every option should be allowed as it's tough enough and if we turn to much off most just won't play. Giving options to players to turn on or off will greatly increase play IMHO. One other note is controllers and most Societies are banning all third party controllers and if you use one the feedback tells them and the round is disqualified. TGCC has that instituted and so do others so an official Xbox One controller is concerned the standard but a knockoff Xbox One will fail. I tried playing with a knockoff and it's night and day from my Stock Xbox One.

#431 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 11 September 2020 - 02:54 PM

I set the event for this week ( pebble ) its pro am, so will make decisions before next week now.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#432 scrambler

scrambler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 03:47 PM

I just played a round with the grandkids xbox 1 controller. After cal I played deere run with ez settings. What a difference it made over the old Logitech. With the Logitech I had to slam the back swing then slam the swing or it would be very slow. The grandkids want there controller back. They won't trade for the Logitech.

• RobV likes this

#433 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 September 2020 - 06:40 PM

I just played a round with the grandkids xbox 1 controller. After cal I played deere run with ez settings. What a difference it made over the old Logitech. With the Logitech I had to slam the back swing then slam the swing or it would be very slow. The grandkids want there controller back. They won't trade for the Logitech.

Interesting that you make mention of the Logitech RumblePad. Last year I dug it out and could not get it to work at all. After several back and forth sessions with the Logitech Technicians I was told that the RumblePad at least the original one, will not work in Win10 64 Bit. I also have the X-Box 360 with 5 controllers. Here is the question. Would 360 controllers be functional in the PGA 2k21 game?

#434 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 06:58 PM

Interesting that you make mention of the Logitech RumblePad. Last year I dug it out and could not get it to work at all. After several back and forth sessions with the Logitech Technicians I was told that the RumblePad at least the original one, will not work in Win10 64 Bit. I also have the X-Box 360 with 5 controllers. Here is the question. Would 360 controllers be functional in the PGA 2k21 game?

Yes the 360 will work but its not passing the tests they are running at TGCC all the time and sometimes are showing forgiveness and so is the PS4 unit.  The only one passing every test from what I am reading is the Stock Xbox ONe.  The 360 is a little suprising but it could be that it is pretty old and that could be causing it to fail.  IMHO the Xbox 360 is a good controller and wouldnt think twice about using it epecially the PC version.  

#435 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 11 September 2020 - 07:11 PM

360 not passing their tests, are they serious? i tried my step daughters xbone pad a few days ago and its more forgiving than my 360,  I have no idea where they are coming from with this.  I was thinking of joining back up with TGCT but decided against it due to being forced to play 4 rounds at one venue, too long for me...looks like i would fail their test anyway lol...i'm amazed by their claims...wow!

• RobV and Greensboronclion like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#436 Kimmer1947

Kimmer1947

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:06 PM

I am going to throw one more comment in and it's on Pro and if it's Pto every option should be allowed as it's tough enough and if we turn to much off most just won't play. Giving options to players to turn on or off will greatly increase play IMHO. One other note is controllers and most Societies are banning all third party controllers and if you use one the feedback tells them and the round is disqualified. TGCC has that instituted and so do others so an official Xbox One controller is concerned the standard but a knockoff Xbox One will fail. I tried playing with a knockoff and it's night and day from my Stock Xbox One.

I agree with Greens suggestion of Pro difficulty with all options (aids) allowed. Though it appears you've decided on ProAm.

I'm playing with mouse and keyboard. Curious how other members of the PG Exiles are playing...Mouse...Gamepad...or Controller??

#437 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:42 PM

No ignore this weeks event, i set the event then went to change to pro but because the event was started it would not let me change, so after this event i will end season and start from next week on pro.

• Kimmer1947 likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#438 scrambler

scrambler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 09:05 PM

My Logitech is the rumblepad 2 wireless and it worked fine in win10. It works on my NHL09 game which is important to me. I could not get the xbox 1 controller to work in NHL09.

#439 scrambler

scrambler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 09:22 PM

Are you going to have distance control asset on. I think it should be off.

#440 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:45 PM

360 not passing their tests, are they serious? i tried my step daughters xbone pad a few days ago and its more forgiving than my 360,  I have no idea where they are coming from with this.  I was thinking of joining back up with TGCT but decided against it due to being forced to play 4 rounds at one venue, too long for me...looks like i would fail their test anyway lol...i'm amazed by their claims...wow!

I totally agree with you as the Xbox One is easier than the 360 tho neither seems to help my game. In was going to join TGCC also but will pass also as the main tours are Master and not even going there and so talk of yearly fee also. To many other decent societies that have 1 and 2 round events to keep me busy to go thru that misery.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users