613 replies to this topic

#461 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:07 PM

The trouble is that you don't get a lot of scope in the travel of a controller stick, i guess you could design the swing to be slower thus giving you the time to pick a spot so to speak, bit like the putting stroke... but that's not gonna look or feel realistic is it.

PGA 2000 had a real time mouse swing that was 1:1. I know the movement on a controller stick isn’t as great as a mouse but don’t see why that couldn’t be translated into a controller swing.
If I remember correctly, you could actually make the player fall over if your swing was bad enough!

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#462 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:10 PM

PGA 2000 had a real time mouse swing that was 1:1. I know the movement on a controller stick isn’t as great as a mouse but don’t see why that couldn’t be translated into a controller swing.
If I remember correctly, you could actually make the player fall over if your swing was bad enough!

lol i remember the falling over,  :)    and therin lies the issue... the mouse range Vs stick range, it's massive...too massive unless you slowed the animation to a crawl.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#463 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 17 September 2020 - 10:11 PM

"It's just a little white ball, HIT IT!"

"It's not going to hatch if that's what you're waiting for.."

"Were burning daylight here."

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#464 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 02:30 AM

Can you imagine how good PGA Championship Golf 2000 would be if they made a reboot version (PGA Championship Golf 2021) with controller support and updated graphics. 😳

-MERACE

#465 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:23 PM

Last course from me for a while, finding it tedious already...its not as fun as course forge.

le2wRKU.jpg

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#466 AlanR54NC

AlanR54NC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:33 PM

Nice review of the game from a non-golfer

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/09/18/the-flare-path-spoils-a-good-walk/

Intel Core2 Duo E6750

4GB Ram

Win 7 64 bit

ATI  Radeon 5700

#467 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 03:25 PM

Last course from me for a while, finding it tedious already...its not as fun as course forge.
le2wRKU.jpg[/size]

That is a really nice looking course! I have yet to pull the trigger on 2K21 but am getting closer to doing so. With the graphics improvements, especially the different rough transitions, green grid turned off and no tournament artifacts 2K21 looks like it would be very visually enjoyable after settling on swing settings. Playing high quality courses such as yours and Matt Rose's offerings, along with others, is getting my interest up in the game.

I still enjoy PG, but play it less and less now and with no further enhancements or PG2 on the horizon might be time to move on to a game that has a future, with an occasional dalliance in PG.

Thanks for sharing!
Ken

#468 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 September 2020 - 05:37 PM

Just out of curiosity?

Is anyone who is playing the game doing the Master difficulty Q-School rounds over at TGC Tours or playing in the Pro difficulty Beer League?

• Greensboronclion likes this

#469 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 19 September 2020 - 05:45 PM

Just out of curiosity?

Is anyone who is playing the game doing the Master difficulty Q-School rounds over at TGC Tours or playing in the Pro difficulty Beer League?

I'm thinking about it, just don't like the idea of having to play 4 rounds at one course, not too bad if the course in question is a classic and fun to play, but most are not like that.  Two rounds and i would def join up, not happening though.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#470 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 05:47 PM

Not that this matters as there is nothing else going on here anyways..

But I'm curious - why are you guys all talking so much about 2k21 gameplay and experiences here, vs on the official 2k or HB forums at this point?

Again - matters not - just seems odd since this isn't like a general golf forum, nor a forum even related to 2k21, HB or 2k.

Just habit from the old days of PG talk or ?

Seems like better and more focused 2k21 talk would occur somewhere meant for it perhaps?

#471 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 19 September 2020 - 06:58 PM

But I'm curious - why are you guys all talking so much about 2k21 gameplay and experiences here, vs on the official 2k or HB forums at this point?

Again - matters not - just seems odd since this isn't like a general golf forum, nor a forum even related to 2k21, HB or 2k.

Seems like better and more focused 2k21 talk would occur somewhere meant for it perhaps?

I'll take this one ....i'm banned from  HB forum, simple as!  Hey Buck, don't turn into ADX and get all offended by this thread like he did over at the other place.  At least this is one area in this forum where you can hear key strokes, pretty much dead otherwise .

• RobV and Greensboronclion like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#472 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 07:01 PM

I'll take this one ....i'm banned from HB forum, simple as! Hey Buck, don't turn into ADX and get all offended by this thread like he did over at the other place. At least this is one area in this forum where you can hear key strokes, pretty much dead otherwise .

LOL. Fair point on the ban thing - me too. I forgot about that.

Easy tiger I’m not offended at all… Just curious.
I am offended at being compared to ADX though -haha

Genuinely it would seem like better results from these conversations might come from where there are the most people talking about the game (like 2k forums) — that was my main curiosity

#473 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 07:04 PM

Actually I’m starting to wonder how long this forum is even going to be online anymore

In the last few months it has really started to feel like the days might be numbered.
  • Armand likes this

#474 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 September 2020 - 07:07 PM

Well, this is the Off Topic area in this Forum. So what better place would you suggest to air opinions on 2K21 or any other upcomming golf sims? I for one respect the forum members opinions here, and the posts at this site in regards to 2K21 have made me think twice about rushing in to purchase this product. Graphically, I am not blown away by the overall environment. A lot of things  in the  Course Architect program need refinement. It appears to me that the developers just threw this CA into the game to try to appease the custom course designers. Sorry to say, that in this day and age of graphic design the CA in 2k21 just does not cut the mustard.

• Buck likes this

#475 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 07:22 PM

I for one respect the forum members opinions here, and the posts at this site in regards to 2K21 have made me think twice about rushing in to purchase this product. 

Totally agree - makes sense

Again - please take no offense anyone - I'm in no way trying to "stifle conversation" -- I was really just curious.

There's literally nothing here and hardly anybody left so I'd say talk about "painting houses" or "car repair" while we are at it if we care to.  lol

#476 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:01 PM

Just out of curiosity?

Playing the beer league as Pro is my limit.

#477 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 20 September 2020 - 03:43 AM

You could ask the same why there is a thread about  MS Flight simulator.

Off Topic forums, an area to talk about anything non PG related. 

• Buck, Greensboronclion and SReesor like this

#478 Niblick47

Niblick47

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 02:44 AM

A couple of questions for those who are playing 2k21:

-Do these courses look as good as the best courses in PG?

-Is the ball physics as good as PG?

I have only been playing PG for a little over a year and I can't imagine any better looking courses than some of these and the ball physics are spot on from my perspective.

Any replies would be welcome. I don't want to buy and learn another golf sim game especially if it is inferior to PG. But at least TGC is alive and well and there are plenty of courses to choose from even though the swing options are limited.

#479 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 23 September 2020 - 03:57 AM

This version has a few textures that look much more realistic, problem is they don't have enough of them...maybe 3 or 4

Ball physics are pretty much ok, you have to deloft chip shots to get realistic results ( they really messed up that shot from game 1 ) by delofting you can get a chip to behave the way it should.

Pitch shots behave better in 2K21 than they do in PG, i understand why spin was removed from the pitch shot in PG ( too easy ) it's only easy in 2K21 if you nail the timing, so i do prefer the pitch in 2K21.

PG bunkers are 100 x better than 2K's  and they have no authentic pot bunkers.

2k has a career mode, albeit not a brilliant one but its something.

multiplayer is better in PG.

2k has a good offline tour with TGCtours.com

The designer in 2k is more user friendly but course forge is way better.

2k now has difficulty levels and options to suit all, so that's a plus.

2K is over priced on steam, shop around or wait for a sale as it's not a triple A title like the price tag suggests.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#480 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 11:08 AM

Any one out got a tip on what the mouse set up should be, ( ex; dpi  )

As i can't hit a perfect in pro, just fast & slow.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users