#501 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 03 October 2020 - 09:07 AM

Lot of people complaining that they never fixed the lie grid in the bunker, of all things they could and should complain about they complain about this!  its so easy just to see what lie you have and adjust, imo there should be no lie grid anyway, visual is more than enough.

I will continue with society events and my usual night with a friend and a few beers, but its hard playing the 4 round tours, some of these courses cannot keep my attention for 4 rounds especially playing these up and down coastal courses that every man and his dog seem to design, horrible tricked up monstrosities that have had no testing with wind effect.

• Greensboronclion likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#502 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 03 October 2020 - 09:47 AM

Yeah, there's a distinct lack of realism in these. Everybody's trying to re-create Shadow Creek. On steroids.

I suppose mine end up being a bit boring looking, partially because I am lazy and also busy, but I also feel like I want to be the opposite of that. Of course pretty much all of them end up being super easy, but that doesn't bother me. At the same time though I think it is more satisfying to design an interesting hole using just elevation and economical use of hazards.

The game serves a purpose for me, and that's to spend a weekend or two whipping up a quick 18 holer from my own imagination, which I still enjoy doing after all this time. I don't play online golf competitively and never really have.

• jt83 likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#503 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 01:53 PM

The game is way more popular than PG, I have def cooled with it though.  The vast majority seem to enjoy playing off 100% every shot, it has gotten boring quite quickly for me even though i play at a good level...not the point though is it, i have always liked golf games that let you manufacture shots, 2K is very limited in that dept, always has been.

It certainly is possible to hit shots less than 100% so I don’t understand why people don’t play like that. The only problem is with the timing of the downswing. It is very easy to hurry the downswing at thereby hit everything left.

It certainly makes the game more of a challenge and enjoyable, for me at least. It’s also possible to shape shots without using the shot shaping tool.

The only shot I haven’t figured out yet is how to play a low punch shot! 

• Charles likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#504 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:49 AM

Yeah, there's a distinct lack of realism in these. Everybody's trying to re-create Shadow Creek. On steroids.

I suppose mine end up being a bit boring looking, partially because I am lazy and also busy, but I also feel like I want to be the opposite of that. Of course pretty much all of them end up being super easy, but that doesn't bother me. At the same time though I think it is more satisfying to design an interesting hole using just elevation and economical use of hazards.

The game serves a purpose for me, and that's to spend a weekend or two whipping up a quick 18 holer from my own imagination, which I still enjoy doing after all this time. I don't play online golf competitively and never really have.

Not boring at all, just the type of course i like.  Trouble with TGC designers is that they are always trying to out plant one another and pay no heed to how the course plays. I played one 5 star course that saw my ball roll down a cliff and onto another fairway, no chance of playing back up and had to quit.  People vote on how they look rather than how they play, that got a 1 star from me lol.

• M Rose, Buck and Greensboronclion like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#505 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:57 AM

I don't bother with society's any more I get more fun out of playing Alt games. I never see any of you playing in the 19 hole , the real19th hole or 2k21. Why is that , don't you know about them or don't you like to meet other players in the game. They are always asking for players to get a game in.

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#506 footslogger

footslogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 05 October 2020 - 10:17 AM

Excuse my ignorance but I've just bought 2k21 and can't see how to access and download user-created courses.  Obliged if someone can help me out on this.

#507 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 05 October 2020 - 10:49 AM

Excuse my ignorance but I've just bought 2k21 and can't see how to access and download user-created courses.  Obliged if someone can help me out on this.

You dont have to download or save anything. All the courses are server based so just go to play, select a course and off you go. If you stop playing during a round you will be able to resume later on. Enjoy!

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#508 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 11:02 AM

It certainly is possible to hit shots less than 100% so I don’t understand why people don’t play like that. The only problem is with the timing of the downswing. It is very easy to hurry the downswing at thereby hit everything left.

It certainly makes the game more of a challenge and enjoyable, for me at least. It’s also possible to shape shots without using the shot shaping tool.

The only shot I haven’t figured out yet is how to play a low punch shot! 

I dont agree with DoGgs remarks either. 2K21 has a full array of custom shots using the shot shaper. Its quite excellent really. Beyond that, there is the spin control option which allows to have more roll or more spin. There is not a custom punch shot anymore like in TGC19. Why they removed that is beyond me. I always liked that one. Anyway, i use the punch through the pitch shot now, whereby you can go as high as a 5 iron. If you deloft the iron and increase the roll through the spin control option you can hit low ones. I used this sometimes when in a wooded area to punch my way out of trouble with a low one. 

• IanK likes this

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#509 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 05 October 2020 - 01:02 PM

I dont agree with DoGgs remarks either. 2K21 has a full array of custom shots using the shot shaper. Its quite excellent really. Beyond that, there is the spin control option which allows to have more roll or more spin. There is not a custom punch shot anymore like in TGC19. Why they removed that is beyond me. I always liked that one. Anyway, i use the punch through the pitch shot now, whereby you can go as high as a 5 iron. If you deloft the iron and increase the roll through the spin control option you can hit low ones. I used this sometimes when in a wooded area to punch my way out of trouble with a low one.

I agree on the array of shot types and I do the same as you for the punch shot. The game is not perfect but then again I have never seen a perfect video golf game but I play two or three rounds a day so it must be doing something right. Also getting better at Pro and now keeping it under par most of time and lots of Societies to play in and plenty of players also.
  • Charles likes this

#510 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 05 October 2020 - 03:58 PM

Yes you can tweak shots to a degree with the shot shaper but they are still based off 100% hits, Ian alluded to playing the course in solo and trying the odd partial here and there along with not using the splash outside of a bunker, this is all good advice but when it comes to the career mode, society events or the full blooded offline tours you are only putting yourself at a disadvantage, it's pointless!  I never bought this game just to play the course in solo, now and again fine, but it gets very boring for me personally.

• Buck likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#511 footslogger

footslogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 05 October 2020 - 04:36 PM

You dont have to download or save anything. All the courses are server based so just go to play, select a course and off you go. If you stop playing during a round you will be able to resume later on. Enjoy!

Thanks for explaining it.  I'm really enjoying the game so far.  One more question - I think I read that user-created courses can be added into the PGA tour schedule.  If so, is that easy to do?

#512 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 05 October 2020 - 08:31 PM

He said user-created courses.  https://pgls.golflad...php?sort=latest

#513 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 October 2020 - 10:52 PM

He said user-created courses. https://pgls.golflad...php?sort=latest

He’s asking about courses for The Golf Club aka PGA 2K21. Not Perfect Golf.
  • footslogger likes this

#514 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 05 October 2020 - 10:56 PM

No, pretty sure you cannot add any user courses to tour schedule, bit of a shame because some of used courses are crap.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#515 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 02:15 PM

Yes you can tweak shots to a degree with the shot shaper but they are still based off 100% hits, Ian alluded to playing the course in solo and trying the odd partial here and there along with not using the splash outside of a bunker, this is all good advice but when it comes to the career mode, society events or the full blooded offline tours you are only putting yourself at a disadvantage, it's pointless!  I never bought this game just to play the course in solo, now and again fine, but it gets very boring for me personally.

Yes, hitting less then 100% is very tricky, I agree. Its not 100% RTS so thats why. PG nailed it there. I dont mind it too much though. It's really the only thing left out in the swing mechanism. Very short greenside bunker shots from deep bunkers is the only time i have to really tweak a shot. As i love chipping it would be nice to have that in there too but all in all i've got that nailed by just having a little reference chart i made through practice.

I'm surprised you dont play online matches more? For me, that is half (if not more) of the fun. Stroke/Stableford/skins & alternative team matches work well and keeps me hooked. :D

= Arnold Palmer =

#516 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 02:28 PM

Thanks for explaining it.  I'm really enjoying the game so far.  One more question - I think I read that user-created courses can be added into the PGA tour schedule.  If so, is that easy to do?

Mm.. i dunno. I have my PGA card but i think the PGA-Tour is predefined to the Staff created courses only. I've played just a couple of PGA tournaments and they are all the official courses. I dont know if you can create your own PGA seaon though.

PS: join a Society for easy access weekly 4-round tournaments. Different levels with predefined settings. Like The Old Goats Pro a/o Master tours. Always welcome!

= Arnold Palmer =

#517 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 14 October 2020 - 10:26 PM

There is a new Version of Augusta called Augusta Tour and I recommend all to give it a go as it a very good rendition of the course. Also when playing just as with Firehorne make sure you favorite right away in case it gets booted for using the name Augusta.
  • Tigers Agent likes this

#518 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 14 October 2020 - 10:28 PM

There is a new Version of Augusta called Augusta Tour and I recommend all to give it a go as it a very good rendition of the course. Also when playing just as with Firehorne make sure you favorite right away in case it gets booted for using the name Augusta.

Should we even be mentioning it on forums?

Doesn't that just make it that much easier for HB to find and get rid of?

#519 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:57 AM

In PGA 2K21, the official creer mode (Q-School > Korn Ferry > PGA) uses only the HBS official courses that come with the game.

To play user created courses you'd need to sign up to a society and play there.

I' decided to give TGC Tours a go playing with Master difficulty. Tne tour is really well put together with loads of flights. Managed to get my tour card and ended up in their CC-J flight (only about 12 flights away from the #1 Platinum flight, lol). Made first 2 cuits and find the game a challenge to break par (done it twice so far, lol).

The game itself is not perfect, but I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would on the PS4 with the controller. Playing knock down 50%, 60%,70% 80% etc. type shots is doable but take some mastering. The shot setups allow for plenty of scope for draws, fades, high shots, low shots so it's not just a hit and straight golf game, lol. Personally I feel some of the draw and fade effects are overdone.... but after all, it is only  a game.

Who knows, I might re-install PG one day and give that another try.

Keep safe folks and happy golfing.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#520 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:31 PM

Should we even be mentioning it on forums?

Doesn't that just make it that much easier for HB to find and get rid of?

Doesn't matter, if this course he speaks of is "Augusta Nat'l Tour" it's a %!(&%$@ horrible rendition of it. This is why they could never delete it because it's not even remotely close to accurate. I designed it in another game so I know Augusta like the back of my hand..lol

• scajjr29 and Buck like this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R