#521 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:54 PM

Doesn't matter, if this course he speaks of is "Augusta Nat'l Tour" it's a %!(&%$@ horrible rendition of it. This is why they could never delete it because it's not even remotely close to accurate. I designed it in another game so I know Augusta like the back of my hand..lol

Sorry but I disagree and is it perfect no but at least it got atmosphere and life to it and that's the main reason I quit playing PG as it was so boring and I felt like I was playing in a closet. PG version is much better but nothing wrong with this version.

#522 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:56 PM

In PGA 2K21, the official creer mode (Q-School > Korn Ferry > PGA) uses only the HBS official courses that come with the game.
To play user created courses you'd need to sign up to a society and play there.
I' decided to give TGC Tours a go playing with Master difficulty. Tne tour is really well put together with loads of flights. Managed to get my tour card and ended up in their CC-J flight (only about 12 flights away from the #1 Platinum flight, lol). Made first 2 cuits and find the game a challenge to break par (done it twice so far, lol).
The game itself is not perfect, but I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would on the PS4 with the controller. Playing knock down 50%, 60%,70% 80% etc. type shots is doable but take some mastering. The shot setups allow for plenty of scope for draws, fades, high shots, low shots so it's not just a hit and straight golf game, lol. Personally I feel some of the draw and fade effects are overdone.... but after all, it is only  a game.
Who knows, I might re-install PG one day and give that another try.

I am playing Beer league at Pro and enjoying it also. This week I am -14 thru three rounds and cut was at -2 with almost 250 players entered in just that event. Thousands playing at TGCC.
Keep safe folks and happy golfing.

#523 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:08 PM

Just completing my first course and I quite enjoyed the experience. I especially like the ability to edit the course and play it immediately.
There are some nice textures and also plenty of bad ones.

There are quite a few objects, trees, grasses and bushes in the library but plenty of omissions too! I would have liked to have added a starter’s hut but there isn’t one and the choice of clubhouses is very limited.
I assumed that the light aeroplane object would actually fly across the sky but it doesn’t and now I can’t delete it! Any ideas please?

• Tigers Agent and Greensboronclion like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#524 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:06 PM

Anyone have a video of the 2k21 Augusta version in question?

#525 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:19 PM

Just completing my first course and I quite enjoyed the experience. I especially like the ability to edit the course and play it immediately.
There are some nice textures and also plenty of bad ones.
There are quite a few objects, trees, grasses and bushes in the library but plenty of omissions too! I would have liked to have added a starter’s hut but there isn’t one and the choice of clubhouses is very limited.
I assumed that the light aeroplane object would actually fly across the sky but it doesn’t and now I can’t delete it! Any ideas please?

Ian what is the name of your course I would like to give it a go.

#526 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:25 PM

Buck I don't have the newest one but here is Firethorn National.

https://youtu.be/CSJoC2GS8A4

#527 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 17 October 2020 - 12:03 AM

My main beef with it was the name, Augusta is a legendary beautiful course and he can't even get the elevations correct and calls it Augusta Nat'l Tour. Call it Georgia Pines or something but don't call it what it's not. You fool people into thinking it's really Augusta and it's NOT even close. Elevations are so bad it makes my head spin.

• scajjr29, Buck and Greensboronclion like this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#528 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 12:43 AM

My main beef with it was the name, Augusta is a legendary beautiful course and he can't even get the elevations correct and calls it Augusta Nat'l Tour. Call it Georgia Pines or something but don't call it what it's not. You fool people into thinking it's really Augusta and it's NOT even close. Elevations are so bad it makes my head spin.

I will agree there and I still think Firethorn is much better than Augusta Tour.
  • Joe Habiger likes this

#529 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 01:55 PM

Ian what is the name of your course I would like to give it a go.

It’s completed but it’s not released.. It was only ever intended as a learning experience and for my own use. 

• Greensboronclion likes this
WWG1WGA

#530 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:54 PM

Off topic but relevant.  Do any of you playing 2k21 PGA see complaints in their forums about (no 3click) swing meters.  And..what rough percentage of PC Golfers would you say passed on this game due to no 3click?

#531 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:57 PM

My observation is that very few people complain about the absence of 3-click in PGA Tour 2K21.

However, I would not be totally surprised to see it included in a future version of the game.

-MERACE

#532 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:42 PM

I've never  done anything but 3 click but I'm getting on fine with the controller swing.

• MERACE likes this

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#533 Kimmer1947

Kimmer1947

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 11:45 PM

Off topic but relevant.  Do any of you playing 2k21 PGA see complaints in their forums about (no 3click) swing meters.  And..what rough percentage of PC Golfers would you say passed on this game due to no 3click?

Not answering your question directly, but..... I've been a 3clicker since playing fantasy golf. That said, I still gave 2k21 PGA a try. I use an inexpensive mouse and the motion swing at 2k21 is much easier than motion swing at PG. Admitted, I turn off the downswing control at 2k21. I can regularly score under par on the Pro difficulty.

#534 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 October 2020 - 01:42 AM

Not answering your question directly, but..... I've been a 3clicker since playing fantasy golf. That said, I still gave 2k21 PGA a try. I use an inexpensive mouse and the motion swing at 2k21 is much easier than motion swing at PG. Admitted, I turn off the downswing control at 2k21. I can regularly score under par on the Pro difficulty.

Thanks for the info.  If and when realize how many thousands of customers they are losing and incorporate a 3click meter, I will buy it.  It's fun having Links 2003, Tiger Woods PC PGA 2008 and Perfect Golf 2014.  Plenty of room on the C:Drive for another golf game. :)

#535 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:57 AM

that'll show um..  :wacko:

• Jesus Jones likes this

#536 scajjr29

scajjr29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNH, USA

Posted 19 October 2020 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for the info.  If and when realize how many thousands of customers they are losing and incorporate a 3click meter, I will buy it.  It's fun having Links 2003, Tiger Woods PC PGA 2008 and Perfect Golf 2014.  Plenty of room on the C:Drive for another golf game. :)

As this is the 4th generation of this game (TGC, TGC2, TGC2019, 2k21) and 3-click was never part of any of them, the odds of it being implemented in a future version are pretty remote.

Sam

Desktop- MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair Hydro H150i Pro cooler, 32Gb DDR4-3600, ASUS 6900XT LC Hybrid, Corsair MP600 1Tb PCIe 4 NVMe (x 2), 850 EVO 1Tb, Corsair 750Gb SSDs & Hitachi 3Tb HDD ,EVGA 1000PG PSU,Monoprice 27772 32" 4K HDR monitor x2,Windows 10 Pro x64, Salient Arch Linux

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G  i7-6700HQ, 32Gb DDR4, 512Gb & 256Gb NVMe SSDs, GTX 1070 8Gb graphics, 17.3" 1080p G-Sync, Win 10 Pro x64,

XBox One X 1Tb w/2Tb external HDD, PS4 Pro 1Tb w/1Tb external HDD

#537 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 01:10 PM

To be honest, it’s almost like a 2 click swing because you only need move the stick a fraction to initiate the backswing, which the player avatar completes without any further input. 

WWG1WGA

#538 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:04 PM

I get along fine with the controller. 2k21 suits my needs just fine.

#539 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 04:48 PM

Although I like the CA, I don’t understand why there is no option to add sounds. 
The few animals and birds that you can add don’t have any sounds associated with them.

Regarding partial shots, I tend to use the position of the avatar’s hands in the back swing to gauge the strength of the shot. 

WWG1WGA

#540 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 19 October 2020 - 09:16 PM

For what it's worth, here is my opinion.  I have TGC 2019 which I paid $20 CAD.  I played it for a few weeks and consider it inferior to PG.  I think PP nailed it with the RTSM swing.  I will pick up 2K21 when it is similarly discounted because there really isn't another option at this time for a computer golf game.

In regards to the look and quality of courses in TGC and now 2k21, the best community courses in PG look way better and are much more realistic looking.  In part it is because the CA in PG allows designers to be more creative.  For example, in 2K21 you cannot create a custom pano, object or building.  In TGC and 2K21 you see the same background (themes), buildings and objects over and over again.  Compare that with the clubhouse in Congressional or the custom tee markers and flags in almost every PG community course.  Recent releases like Ballyhack, Tehama and Kinloch are in a different league compared to the highest rated courses in 2K21.  There is no excuse for not having pot bunkers considering that 2K21 is the 4th version.

What I have also noticed in TGC and  the highest rated 2K21 courses is that the designers equate the quantity of objects with quality.  A lot of the so called fictional courses I would call fantasy.  I remember a course in TGC where there were a couple of animated horses about 5 yards from the tee box and saw this again from the same designer on a You Tube video of one his 2K21 courses.  Another course in TGC had a hydro dam a few yards from the tee box or green (can't remember which).  Seriously?

The biggest mistake PP made was not coming up with a console version of PG as I suspect the majority of people who play computer golf games do it on a console.

• Buck likes this

RTSM - Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users