613 replies to this topic

#441 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 04:40 PM

Is there going to be a chat channel like the 19th hole & 2k21 have, so we can look for someone to play with????? 

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#442 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:35 PM

I totally agree with you as the Xbox One is easier than the 360 tho neither seems to help my game. In was going to join TGCC also but will pass also as the main tours are Master and not even going there and so talk of yearly fee also. To many other decent societies that have 1 and 2 round events to keep me busy to go thru that misery.

Neither pad are that difficult anyway, once you have played PG at tour pro, this is a cakewalk.  Lol i just got banned from a society by an old head from here...Dewman  remember him?  I joined his society and he's making a big deal of playing master only, i fancied a go so joined and played a round, finished -13 and won the event over 1 round.  Of course they are not playing with timing on so it was like shooting fish in a barrel, just logged in and he has banned me..Idiot!

• Greensboronclion likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#443 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 12 September 2020 - 08:02 PM

Neither pad are that difficult anyway, once you have played PG at tour pro, this is a cakewalk. Lol i just got banned from a society by an old head from here...Dewman remember him? I joined his society and he's making a big deal of playing master only, i fancied a go so joined and played a round, finished -13 and won the event over 1 round. Of course they are not playing with timing on so it was like shooting fish in a barrel, just logged in and he has banned me..Idiot!

With timing off there is no challenge at all and why they allow it is ridiculous. I really believe we have to play Pro as at Pebble Beach I just couldn't make a putt in 1st round and gave up 10 shots with the putter and shot 71 then 61 in round two. Played two rounds at Pro on Reddit Society at TPC River Highlands just now and went 74-70 and really much more enjoyable at Pro level. That timing off thing really needs to go as that is what a lot of players are doing and to me a real cheat.

#444 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:16 AM

Oh well solo games then

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#445 Kimmer1947

Kimmer1947

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:50 PM

Oh well solo games then

Ken,

Sent you a PM.

#446 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 11:14 PM

Been playing video golf since the beginning of Link 386 and have played them all and played most pretty well but this game got me totally lost and it's mostly the greens as the break in putts is a but much IMHO. Pro hitting the ball from listening to others in other forums about 5% scoring and the other 95% over par. I can be hitting the ball half decent then bang it's everywhere and the putting good Lord without the meter I am lost. At this point Pro Am with the meter is all I seem to be able to handle and at times even that is humbling. The struggle is real.

#447 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 15 September 2020 - 05:54 AM

No meters at all is actually quite easy, the power bar off the tee actually puts me off my swing, i really don't like it on at all, and you don't need it.  Then we come to putting which is different kettle of fish.  It's harder to get a feel for the putting in this version compared to 2019, the trick is to use the rumble in the pad, when you feel it you putt.  putting with the help of the rumble though is still tricky because by the time you react to it you have already over hit the putt, not so bad on uphill putts, real bad on downhill putts.  So you need to bring the aim marker in towards you more for downhill putts and maybe only slightly if the putt is uphill.

Example:  I have a 30 foot putt 6 inches down, the marker has auto adjusted to about 25 feet before i take my shot, now i will reduce this to about 20 feet to compensate for the delay in feeling the rumble and starting the putt.

This method only really applies to putts outside 10-15 feet, inside this and i prefer to over hit the or drill the putt anyway ( obviously not so much on downhill putts )  but you get the idea.

I spent pretty much a whole week with no putt meter and at first you think you will never get it,  it does click though, just don't expect to be holing many long putts like you can with the meter on, when they do happen they are much more satisfying.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#448 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:12 AM

My problem is that when something goes wrong I can't work out why it happened so there's lots about the game that's a mystery - witness my performance in the PG Society.

I calibrated my swing and hit 10 good shots with little variation. The system said my down swing was calibrated perfectly or something similar. I then hit another 10 shots without the calibration turned on and they were also very consistent. Then I play the Society second round and probably half the drives weren't aware of my calibration "achievement" so half were off the fairway and there was a hole with water and despite making allowances for a severe draw I was in the water 3 times. Why, I don't know.

Then we come to the round swing meter or whatever it's called. Why is it that my down swing has the blue line going to the right but the ball goes to the left ?

I agree that the horizontal swing meter isn't necessary for full shots but for any partial shot that little white oval shape is invaluable.

i don't really know how the book works. I thought I had the general idea but results don't confirm that. I might be using a LW and I pull the line back say  yards but the shot comes up a lot shorter. It doesn't seem to be as accurate as the measurement gained from the blue arc thing. So when that's not there I have another mystery.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#449 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 12:30 PM

Speaking about the PG Society the handicap in the game has to be skewed. I shoot a 70 but after handicap it shows me at 79 as I had a handicap of 6 and it took 9 strokes from me. At Pro level there is no way I can shoot par even at 6 let alone 9.

#450 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 15 September 2020 - 12:55 PM

What i find going from pro am to pro then master is each step you take you need to be a bit more relaxed and fluent off the tee and on approach, try to match your take back with your downswing, not that the take back matters but when you get a bit twitchy about the down swing you tend to complete it all a bit too fast. Your take back will be the one constant so try and match it, you wont match it exactly but by thinking of doing it you will not hit so many fasts ( which was my issue )  When i hit a slow i know what i have done every time now, some fasts still baffle me though, some people have ran scripts with the swing and claim that 10-15 % of fasts / slows you can do nothing about, i'm starting to believe that.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#451 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 15 September 2020 - 12:56 PM

Speaking about the PG Society the handicap in the game has to be skewed. I shoot a 70 but after handicap it shows me at 79 as I had a handicap of 6 and it took 9 strokes from me. At Pro level there is no way I can shoot par even at 6 let alone 9.

LOL!  I carded -11 for round one and ended up +16  :o  my Handicap is 21.3 i think ????  

Prob gonna have to scrap it as its not right at all.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#452 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 09:19 AM

Has anyone managed to figure out partial pitching?
For example, when pitching half distance of a lob wedge you assume that you need 50% of the power but that’s not how it seems to work in this game. It appears to need around between 80-90%. I suspect that’s why they have allowed you to play a splash shot from outside of a bunker.

I really wish someone would produce a true 1:1 real time swing. From putting to a full swing all you need do is move the stick a fraction and the avatar completes the swing on his own. I think that’s why every element of the game lacks ‘feel’.

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#453 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:57 PM

Has anyone managed to figure out partial pitching?
For example, when pitching half distance of a lob wedge you assume that you need 50% of the power but that’s not how it seems to work in this game. It appears to need around between 80-90%. I suspect that’s why they have allowed you to play a splash shot from outside of a bunker.

I really wish someone would produce a true 1:1 real time swing. From putting to a full swing all you need do is move the stick a fraction and the avatar completes the swing on his own. I think that’s why every element of the game lacks ‘feel’.

The trouble is that you don't get a lot of scope in the travel of a controller stick, i guess you could design the swing to be slower thus giving you the time to pick a spot so to speak, bit like the putting stroke... but that's not gonna look or feel realistic is it.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#454 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:38 PM

The pitch shot needs work and I would bet a patch will happen at some point. It's just hard to figure out as like Ian said and without the splash and flop I would break my screen. Lol.

#455 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:27 PM

You can def play partial pitch shots but the power required is not 60 or even 75% its more like about 85 - 95%  it takes practice but it does work...here is a quick vid...

https://www.youtube....h?v=PzxHr2zsTxo

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#456 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:23 PM

The pitch shot needs work and I would bet a patch will happen at some point. It's just hard to figure out as like Ian said and without the splash and flop I would break my screen. Lol.

Completely reworking the pitch shot will be for a new game, not a patch.

They’ve been working on this for a while after abandoning TGC2019

I’m sure that what they released is what they wanted to release for the most part

#457 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:29 PM

You can def play partial pitch shots but the power required is not 60 or even 75% its more like about 85 - 95%  it takes practice but it does work...here is a quick vid...
https://www.youtube....h?v=PzxHr2zsTxo

Keep these tips coming Sir as they all have been helpful to my ailing game. Lol. Thanks for the tips they are much appreciated.

#458 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 04:32 PM

Completely reworking the pitch shot will be for a new game, not a patch.
They’ve been working on this for a while after abandoning TGC2019
I’m sure that what they released is what they wanted to release for the most part

Every game ever made has some issues and you learn to work around them and figure it out. If I were to wait for the perfect video game I would never have played one IMHO.

#459 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 05:56 PM

Every game ever made has some issues and you learn to work around them and figure it out. If I were to wait for the perfect video game I would never have played one IMHO.

That's a very nice platitude and I somewhat agree..

That said - the pitch shot (and a lot of the short game experience in general) needs to be totally re-imagined and that won't happen in a patch to this game.

It does give them something to focus on for 2k22/23 though - so there's that I suppose.

#460 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 16 September 2020 - 06:43 PM

Does this short game problem also happen with mouse control?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users