Photo

Unity 5 Update pictures

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#321 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:14 PM

I understand everything what you are saying SPM but I think your question is better directed to the PG development team.

I have been on the fence over this myself in fact, but I believe U will be on your skates in no time and personally I don't think it will lose any customer base - it will just be PG.

editing reflecting -

i don't think this leaves anyone behind, it is more about experience rather than reflex, it may exclude some people who might not be capable of learning....

#322 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

Like Mike said, if enough folks say they would like some kind of marker on the putting meter while on Max Aids, he would listen. So far I haven't seen but only 1 or 2 and there are many many more of us here in the community that haven't said anything about it. Maybe because there waiting to try the new system out? ;)

My main point is though, this is PREMATURE!! No one but a few testers has even tried the new putting meter.. What the hell?

I'm done...

Oh and frankly, I don't really know what it is some of you want on the putting meter? Ok, now I'm done.. lol I guess I lost track somewhere in this thread about Pics.. lol again.

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#323 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:01 PM

Here's something I would support..

Putting meter:

Novice:  All the aids flags/hashmarks/dots or whatever everyone thinks..

Intermediate: some of those aids removed.

Pro: All of those aids removed. 

Hot cha cha cha cha!!!

• gravedodger likes this

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#324 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:18 PM

So I gather that you are saying PP should ignore the less then hard core  player and try to make a go of it. Good luck with that. Golf games are not the biggest  draw in gaming at best and you think it would be wise to make the numbers smaller by excluding the less then fanatical  players? 

The reality is I would think for PP is to eventually make some money off the game another reality is to only cater to the hard core sim player would probably kill it faster then you can blink.  As I said PP has max aids options all ready so why not include meter markings in max aids? This doesn't stop you or me  or Raplh from  not using them but it does allow those that are not  rabid golf gamers to have a more enjoyable experience .  Not rocket science really. More options  better chance of  getting more players = more money. Less options  possibiltity of  turning people away from the game = less money. 

Hey I suppose they could go hard core and charge 500 for the game so those that really really really like the game can pay for it but   probably that wouldn't help either because all of a sudden most of those hard core sim players would say no thanks I would rather have a roof over my head.         

Got a really technical question concerning this totally gripping topic - who is Ralph???

#325 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:27 PM

I would like to see someone that is very passionate about this Aids no Aids topic wait until the get the new build then if they still want these things, just start a separate topic about it and get everyone in on it.. This topic has went way off course and it is about Pics..  So how bout we get back on topic and like I said, start a fresh new precise topic.. Then it will be much easier for the Dev's to read..

Peace.... Oh, very funny Jim... hehe

• Fairwayman likes this

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#326 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:05 PM

Fair enough Larry about waiting and seeing about the meter. That said I think it was mentioned that they didn't plan on implementing the  dots or marks or whatever on any level. I guess that is what  caught my attention and I didn't understand the reasoning behind it.

As for  "who is Ralph" well  everyone knows he's Sam's long lost relative on his mother's sister's Aunt's cousin side of the family. ;)

• Jimbo63 likes this

#327 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:18 PM

I think people will be surprised by the way we have calibrated the putting meter. It's not entirely linear and Richard is correct if you're not on a dead flt green any marks on the meter would just be redundant. Maybe it's one of those try it and see scenarios which you will all be doing soon but after initial pushback from the testers pretty much all of them are getting used to it and developing some feel as opposed to charting the distance points which I can tell you will not really work.

Everyone has an opinion on these things and the reality is that 99% of the time it's based around their preferences and not necessarily in sync with other players so all we can do is do what we think is best. Sometimes there is a consensus of opinion with the players and at that point things get changed, usually for the better.

I agree 100percent with everything Mike has said here, we are getting better with the new meter and as I have said before, I love it!

I wanted to also highlight what shows that they do have the ability to adjust things, if need be...They do listen if it is the best thing for the game...

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#328 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:20 PM

Once the swing and avatar integration happens, do we know if there's still going to be any swing meter at all?

#329 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:29 PM

I hope they pick up a little "STEAM" on the release of this

update so that we all can get a chance to try it out!

No pun intended!

#330 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:05 PM

Once the swing and avatar integration happens, do we know if there's still going to be any swing meter at all?

I see no benefit of having a meter for MS (and CS) once the swing is integrated with the avatar but some may. I believe I read somewhere that the developers stated that it will be an option.

-MERACE
  • pduseau likes this

#331 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:16 PM

As a long-time powerstroker, I would prefer a meter, but I am not hopeful there will be one.

Posted Image

#332 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:34 PM

I see no benefit of having a meter for MS (and CS) once the swing is integrated with the avatar but some may. I believe I read somewhere that the developers stated that it will be an option.
-MERACE

⛳️Ya Merace, like elite RTS.⛳️

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#333 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:03 PM

I hope they pick up a little "STEAM" on the release of this

update so that we all can get a chance to try it out!

No pun intended!

Oh I call a foul. No shame in a good pun just own up to it.  :D 

#334 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:22 AM

Scratch the No in last line of my previous post!  :D

OK, so it was intended.  Anyone seen Richard lately?

#335 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:37 AM

Scratch the No in last line of my previous post!  :D

OK, so it was intended.  Anyone seen Richard lately?

I'm around, you just have to look!! :P I responded to one of your other posts.

Richard

Posted Image

#336 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:39 AM

Richard are we getting the update tomorrow?

On second thought maybe we better wait and

see what tomorrow brings!

#337 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:03 AM

Richard are we getting the update tomorrow?

On second thought maybe we better wait and

see what tomorrow brings!

BTSOM, I only test them, I don't release them!!

Richard

Posted Image

#338 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:23 AM

Whatever it is for putting, some of us will master it, some will tolerate it and others will go back to Links, TW or WGT.

"As the world turns"...

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#339 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:57 PM

Update hopefully not too far away now - see AJ's post - http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic/2397-unity-5-ea-release-update/

As for putting. It's a nice feeling when you can lag a long 62 ft putt close with the new meter. Only took me 3 attempts to get this one to gimme range, lol. Replay done using the Landing camera option.

Please excuse the gawdy shading of the YouTube thumbnail. Nothing I can do about that.

;)

#340 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:02 PM

sebonack.png

• FixAmer1st, Fairwayman and Superstar like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users