#42 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

Began planting a few of the holes. Good suggestion Axe, I threw a fence in along one of the cartpaths.

1_24_screenshot05.PNG

That's beautiful Brian, your doing a wonderful job...

Textures look much, much better then the stock ones I think as well.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#43 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

Very, very nice looking course...  It's really promising to see the potential that courseforge has!!

#44 droppedbear

droppedbear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

This is awesome, I am looking forward to getting my hands on this and giving this a shot. Now if only we could convince MJ to show a design process for one of his courses (but I am sure he is extremely busy doing other work)

#45 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

This is awesome, I am looking forward to getting my hands on this and giving this a shot. Now if only we could convince MJ to show a design process for one of his courses (but I am sure he is extremely busy doing other work)

Mike has posted tutorials in the videos section, and I believe he has stated more will be coming.  Hopefully we see something soon. 

#46 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

Loving the course Brian. We' ll be doing loads of tutorials when CourseForge goes public. We are currently in private Beta stage with several people testing it. So far their feedback has been great and we are planning on making some of the changes suggested to make life easier when creating your own courses.

The question is - would you like to wait for a version of PerfectGolf in order to test CF or would you like to see a version of CF released as soon as its ready?
  • Unique likes this

#47 nstone73

nstone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationDenver CO

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

I'd love to be able to get my feet wet with CF even if PerfectGolf is not yet ready.....designing is sometimes as much fun as playing.

#48 droppedbear

droppedbear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:14 AM

Personally I would like to see a version of CF as soon as it is ready. I think I almost spent more time playing around in APCD than I did actually playing Links back in the days. 

#49 Jimbobh

Jimbobh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

I would like to get CF sooner than later, regardless if Perfect golf is ready or not. There are a lot of courses I would like to design, but without the tools, I can only go so far in Unity. At Least it would give us all something to do while waiting for the end product, (Besides looking out the window at a couple feet of snow on the ground). It's nice to see Steve and Brian work on some courses, but I would rather be doing it myself.

• Sinewiz, Harald, Ron Piskorik and 1 other like this

Gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-2400 CPU@3.1GHz 3.70GHz

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
16GB Ram   (2)G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666L9S-8GBXL
Windows 7 Home Premium

#50 mhammer113

mhammer113

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:14 AM

Id rather have it sooner than later especially since when perfect golf is then done we will have potentially hundreds of courses to play

#51 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:21 AM

I would like to get CF sooner than later, regardless if Perfect golf is ready or not. There are a lot of courses I would like to design, but without the tools, I can only go so far in Unity. At Least it would give us all something to do while waiting for the end product, (Besides looking out the window at a couple feet of snow on the ground). It's nice to see Steve and Brian work on some courses, but I would rather be doing it myself.

This!!!

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#52 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:17 AM

Personally I would love to see PG first, once I know we have a solid golf game that is going to be around for a while, then I would start getting interested in designing courses for that game...

I dunno, call me crazy but what good is a course designer for the public if there is no golf game to play them on...  Get folks playing the game, on courses that the Company has built and tested for the game, then get them interested in designing courses for it...

I would think the majority here is waiting to play the golf game, not design courses. Don't get me wrong, that is what I mostly do, design not play but even so, you got to have a game to play them on...

In a perfect world, getting them both at the same time would be ideal but if we can't, then I would like to see the golf game first, then CF... B)

• Harald and VIXEN_VIKKI like this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#53 golfhuone

golfhuone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:17 AM

CF. Yes.

#54 Ron Piskorik

Ron Piskorik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationFlorham Park, NJ

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

If the game won't be ready in a couple of weeks, I would like to test the course designer.

Originally when I thought that both would be released at the same time I wanted to spend my early time testing the game before trying the course designer.

• Tazz and Davefevs like this
Alienware Area 51 R2
Windows 10 Home (64bit)
Intel® Core™ i7-5820K Six Core (15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 3.9 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
Intel® X99 Chipset (Intel® DHX99 PCH)
32GB (4X8GB) DDR4 2133MHz SDRAM Memory
256GB SSD 6Gb/s Main
Centauri CPU heatsink
4TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti with 6GB GDDR5
Killer™ E2200 Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Card
Integrated Creative Labs Sound Blaster Recon3Di
Alienware™ 850 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW)
Logitech G810 Artemis Spectrum gaming keyboard
Dell 27 Gaming Monitor - S2716DG at 2560 X 1440
Logitech Gaming Mouse G502

3 Click PRO Level

#55 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

If the game won't be ready in a couple of weeks, I would like to test the course designer.

Originally when I thought that both would be released at the same time I wanted to spend my early time testing the game before trying the course designer.

My thoughts too.

As I've stated before, APCD was too complicated and time consuming for a novice like me, and I know there will be plenty of you who will say that we all had to start somewhere, which is fair enough.

But if it is as simple as MJ showed us in that 5 minute clip way back, then I have a bit of confidence that I could create something, even if a very iterative process. So let me find out now if the game is gonna be a while!

I'd settle for being able to create my own local course as a flat version, just practicing getting greens, fairways and bunkers eat in roughly the right place and see whether I still have the desire to go that next stage...and the next. I'm never gonna have the time (or attention to perfection) as mist of you but would still get a vast amount of pleasure of creating something.

Out of interest, is there any benefit in using a graphics tablet over a mouse?

#56 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

Got to add from me personally too... having the CF allows more familiarity, therefore it can help improve upon things when eventually the game drops into your lap.

Knowing how to get from A to B certainly helps, but like so many of us, we either take the 3rd left or exit after we see the sign.

#57 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

Have to say I would be happy to see CF sooner rather than later.  Would mean juggling it with APCD for a while as I have one more course started for Links that I feel I should finish.

Posted Image

#58 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:59 PM

The old chicken-and-egg problem. No game - no test playing…. heck, no playing at all. What good is a golf course, a fantastically beautiful one at that, if you can't play it?

Still, the community is getting a bit restless of late and the CF might very well be just the thing for PP to flex its muscles. Time to make something happen...

A word of caution, though: Both Steve and Brian have had months of practice with Unity and the Forge. I somehow don't think that the rest of us will be able to progress at a similar speed. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#59 alannala1

alannala1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

CF as soon as it is ready please.

#60 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

I would expect to see answers like these since the question has be posed here in the Course Forge section. I'm betting if we pose this question to the general forums, we would see different answers.... But, what's the point? Unless PP really wants to know the answer.

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users