#101 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

It wasn't done purely on post count......I'm not Beta Testing if that is any consolation?

#102 mjhamilton113

mjhamilton113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLincoln, RI

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

I'm not concerned. I trust Mike and the gang that they will get it in the right hands. It is also very promising that it is already in multiple peoples hands. This means it may be close to us in the public

• Davefevs and Keith like this

#103 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

Without wishing to derail further.. I think we can safely allow the guys here at PP to choose "who they wish" regarding having a smaller private Beta group to run some initial tests.. oh, and it isn't me either..

• Davefevs likes this

#104 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

So Brian, can you or can you not play test any of your course while in CF/Unity? Do you need to play test your course in the game?

You mentioned one green that you had to go into the game to tell that it had to much slope. This isn't a gotcha PP question but I would like to know and since your designing a course, you are the man to ask... Thanks.. If you can answer that question, maybe there is an NDA on this, I don't know... If so, no problem..

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#105 Brian

Brian

Dev Team

• Administrators
  • 46 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:24 AM

Hi axe, good question. The most that we can do within Unity with a course project open is fly around it with a camera which helps to preview what the course will look like in-game. In order to actually hit shots on it, you currently have to build the course with Course Forge (this is an automated process that just requires the click of a button). Once the course is built, you can fire up PerfectGolf and be able to play through it. It is a fast and simple process, but does require leaving Unity to test.

#106 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

Thank you Brian for the quick reply...

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#107 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Hi axe, good question. The most that we can do within Unity with a course project open is fly around it with a camera which helps to preview what the course will look like in-game. In order to actually hit shots on it, you currently have to build the course with Course Forge (this is an automated process that just requires the click of a button). Once the course is built, you can fire up PerfectGolf and be able to play through it. It is a fast and simple process, but does require leaving Unity to test.

Slightly confused now, as when MJ posted his video of a Par 3 hole being created in around 15 minutes, at the end he played a test shot on the hole, which seemed to be still within the Course Forge application.

I also believe it was hinted at that we would be able to play test shots within Course Forge to make sure plantings and such were where they should be, without the need for having to keep firing up Perfect Golf.

Has all this now changed?

:huh:

#108 Brian

Brian

Dev Team

• Administrators
  • 46 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

Hi Daz, in the video that you saw with Mike building the hole, he took a shot with a golfer that was from the very early stages of PerfectGolf. We do have this, which you can bring right into the Unity project and hit shots with, however, it is not connected to the game in any way (no swing meter, no UI, and no way to really progress through a hole). So as of now, this is not yet part of the CourseForge package. I'm not sure if there is any plan to add something like this, but it would be nice to test out entire holes right in Unity.

#109 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

Slightly confused now, as when MJ posted his video of a Par 3 hole being created in around 15 minutes, at the end he played a test shot on the hole, which seemed to be still within the Course Forge application.

I also believe it was hinted at that we would be able to play test shots within Course Forge to make sure plantings and such were where they should be, without the need for having to keep firing up Perfect Golf.

Has all this now changed?

:huh:

Daz

I was under the same impression .... but check this out :

http://www.perfectpa...yability-in-cf/

#110 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

Brian, what happened?  Nothing for a month now...

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#111 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

Larry,

Are you able to view this page?

http://www.perfectpa...tling-hills-r20

#112 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

I get a "you don't have permission to do that" message.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#113 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

Nope, same as JoeF got...

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#114 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

Brian completed the course several weeks ago and has in fact since finished another 2 courses. The same goes for Steve's course and also mine that I posted a thread about a couple of weeks ago. We've been toying with the idea of making the web builds of these courses available so that people can take a flythrough around them although they won't be playable until PerfectGolf is released so I'm not sure how much value is in that.

#115 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

I would like to take a fly-by.....please make available!

#116 MOD45

MOD45

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

Brian completed the course several weeks ago and has in fact since finished another 2 courses. The same goes for Steve's course and also mine that I posted a thread about a couple of weeks ago. We've been toying with the idea of making the web builds of these courses available so that people can take a flythrough around them although they won't be playable until PerfectGolf is released so I'm not sure how much value is in that.

Sounds like fun

#117 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:38 PM

I would think just being able to see some of these beautiful courses would do nothing but spur interest.

• Davefevs likes this

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#118 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:34 AM

Mike, this is definitely worth showing... just for the birds..

#119 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:19 AM

I was able to access Brian's course and go for a walkthrough on it. Maybe it's only available for those who have been admitted to the private forums?

I don't see why it shouldn't be made public for everybody to admire. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#120 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

Would be nice to see.  Lack of updates is quite disheartening.  As an APCD designer I cannot wait to see if CF is any easier to use  ;)

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users