#41 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

WTF is Courts Forge?

Looks like Roland Garros and Flushing Meadow are heading our way.

Regards your question, like Richard has stated, you already seem to have laid the blame for the poor quality of PG at the testers door.

Maybe TGC is more suited to your requirements.

The issue with bugs repeatedly getting by testers is factually accurate. There's no blame... it's just the state of the game.

But, it's a symptom of the same elitist development approach. Testing would likely catch far more bugs, were the testing process more inclusive.

But, like Course Forge, testing the game beta is an exclusive deal, reserved for those who kiss the ring.

The beta testers are probably more worried about falling out of favor, than actually doing their jobs well. I mean, you don't want to do the job too well, because it might embarrass someone, or hurt someone's feelings.

So, they probably see things like too many golf balls on the tee, or the golf balls being in the wrong location... and think, "Well, maybe something is wrong with my eyesight; I haven't been to the eye doctor in a while. I'm sure someone else will report it, if they see it too."

As a result, we continuously deal with releases chock full of a new round of bugs, in addition to the uncured ones... all because of the exclusive mentality that has been bred, and continues to go on.

All the while, Course Forge seems to be doing a bang up job releasing courses. Alas... no release.

• Tigers Agent likes this

#42 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:59 PM

Is this kind of language really necessary?

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#43 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:37 PM

Where did the developers give this as a reason?

Isn't the point of this discussion that no reason has been given?

I would suspect that the lack of public release indicates this, wouldn't you?

Is there any requirement on their part to explain? 

It's not like you've paid for it. 

#44 sandybunker

sandybunker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:38 PM

I'm neither up nor down regarding having access to the latest development build they release to testers but in past alpha/beta games I've played normally it's a choice. You can either participate in the latest normally bug ridden development of the game or just opt to play the latest most stable build. That way I suppose more testers can feedback. I'm not long to this forum so please no shoot me downs for wondering why participating isn't optional. Just a curiousity. I'm sure there's perfectly good reason.

I7 3770k

8GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 670

240GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD

#45 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:07 PM

I would suspect that the lack of public release indicates this, wouldn't you?

Is there any requirement on their part to explain? 

It's not like you've paid for it. 

Why would anyone assume anything negative about a product that is manifesting multiples of releases?

Where is the price tag? Have you paid for it?

#46 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:10 PM

Why would anyone assume anything negative about a product that is manifesting multiples of releases?

Have you paid for it, either?

We're talking about the CF right?  Just to clarify, that's specifically what I am talking about in this thread...

There haven't been multiple releases have there?

I haven't paid for it, no, but then I'm not complaining about it am I?

#47 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

The issue with bugs repeatedly getting by testers is factually accurate. There's no blame... it's just the state of the game.

But, it's a symptom of the same elitist development approach. Testing would likely catch far more bugs, were the testing process more inclusive.

But, like Course Forge, testing the game beta is an exclusive deal, reserved for those who kiss the ring.

The beta testers are probably more worried about falling out of favor, than actually doing their jobs well. I mean, you don't want to do the job too well, because it might embarrass someone, or hurt someone's feelings.

So, they probably see things like too many golf balls on the tee, or the golf balls being in the wrong location... and think, "Well, maybe something is wrong with my eyesight; I haven't been to the eye doctor in a while. I'm sure someone else will report it, if they see it too."

As a result, we continuously deal with releases chock full of a new round of bugs, in addition to the uncured ones... all because of the exclusive mentality that has been bred, and continues to go on.

All the while, Course Forge seems to be doing a bang up job releasing courses. Alas... no release.

What a load of crap.   You got no idea what you are talking about.   Looks like this thread has been TLVX'd....lol

• DriverDivots likes this

#48 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:37 PM

We're talking about the CF right?  Just to clarify, that's specifically what I am talking about in this thread...

There haven't been multiple releases have there?

I haven't paid for it, no, but then I'm not complaining about it am I?

Yes, and Course Forge has, in point of fact, produced multiples of releases.

http://www.onlinegol...se-reviews.html

You brought up the idea of paying for Course Forge. Now you're walking it back. Which is it?

#49 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:40 PM

What a load of crap.   You got no idea what you are talking about.   Looks like this thread has been TLVX'd....lol

You know exactly what I'm talking about. Sometimes, the truth hurts.

But, whether you have a different reason for why the game keeps coming up with bugs... the fact remains, that it does keep coming up with bugs, and retaining old ones... revisiting old bugs, adding new bugs, etcetera etcetera.

I'm just referencing that there is a broader issue at the crux of why these failures keep regularly occurring.

You don't have to agree that an elitist mentality is leading to these results.

But, I don't see you coming up with any solutions. -- You're just trying to make jokes. Oh, I forgot to laugh. Hahaha.

This thread is inquiring why Course Forge is not released, despite all it's working courses.

We deserve more of a reason than perpetually hearing fanboy ridicule, just for asking... and being forced to watch sacrifices made at the proverbial altar.

#50 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:46 PM

I don't think your design skills will be on a par with you rudeness and arrogance.
WWG1WGA

#51 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:48 PM

I don't think your design skills will be on a par with you rudeness and arrogance.

Naturally, your insults fall flat... because you don't actually have anything intelligent to say, here.

The only arrogance here comes from guys who think it's okay to keep a working piece of software within an exclusive only buddy system.

#52 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:50 PM

Yes, and Course Forge has, in point of fact, produces multiples of releases.

http://www.onlinegol...se-reviews.html

You brought up the idea of paying for Course Forge. Now you're walking it back. Which is it?

Sorry, I don't see where I was backtracking. 

I haven't paid for it, but my point is that you are complaining about something that you haven't received, right?  But YOU haven't paid for it, right? So what right do you have to complain about not receiving it?

I have it and for free, which is nice ;) so why would I complain about anything?

What you have actually paid for is an early access version of Perfect Golf, and NOT CF...  I know that it can sting a little if you can't get everything that you want, but it's a harsh world out there...

Perhaps if you want access badly enough, you should do something to prove that you can use Unity, which as I'm sure you're aware is the program that CF plugs into.

Of course, you could continue to post about how you deserve to be given everything but offer nothing in return... 

I mean, it's worked so far, right? :ph34r:

#53 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:53 PM

You know exactly what I'm talking about. Sometimes, the truth hurts.

But, whether you have a different reason for why the game keeps coming up with bugs... the fact remains, that it does keep coming up with bugs, and retaining old ones... revisiting old bugs, adding new bugs, etcetera etcetera.

I'm just referencing that there is a broader issue at the crux of why these failures keep regularly occurring.

You don't have to agree that an elitist mentality is leading to these results.

But, I don't see you coming up with any solutions. -- You're just trying to make jokes. Oh, I forgot to laugh. Hahaha.

This thread is inquiring why Course Forge is not released, despite all it's working courses.

We deserve more of a reason than perpetually hearing fanboy ridicule, just for asking... and being forced to watch sacrifices made at the proverbial altar.

Testers put in a lot of time testing greensomes and scramble along with other features and bug fixes.  I'm not at liberty to discuss what goes on in the beta section.  But I can tell you that most testers are not incompetent or assskisssers as you suggests.

Btw, how come you haven't signed up to be a course beta tester yet?  

#54 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:55 PM

Testers out in a lot of time testing greensomes and scramble along with other features and bug fixes.  I'm not at liberty to discuss what goes on in the beta section.  But I can tell you that most testers are not incompetent or assskisssers as you suggests.

Btw, how come you haven't signed up to be a course beta tester yet?  

If you can quote me stating any of the words you've stated, I'd like to see it. There's no need to go into the gutter, here.

As far as the quality of testing being done... Bugs either get through, or they don't. After fourteen-and-a-half months, I think many of us - including beta testers - would have expected the game to be in a much better state, at this point.

I wasn't aware that there was an open sign up sheet for beta testing. Have a link?

Is there one for Course Forge too? I think some users here would benefit from such information.

#55 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:58 PM

See above

#56 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:59 PM

To signup for OGT beta course testing:

http://onlinegolftou...87&t=857#p10545

#57 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:59 PM

If you can quote me stating any of the words you've stated, I'd like to see it. There's no need to go into the gutter, here.

Try re-reading your post #41.
WWG1WGA

#58 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:01 PM

See above

So, you think it's okay to replace my comments with profanity... as if I stated the profanity that you stated?

Try again.

You can come up with all the profanity you want. Don't try to bring me down to the gutter, with you. That childishness doesn't work on me.

#59 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:02 PM

So, you think it's okay to replace my comments with profanity... as if I stated the profanity that you stated?

Try again.

I never said you used those words.  I said you suggested.......

#60 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:04 PM

I never said you used those words.  I said you suggested.......

Don't ever say that someone suggested your own use of profanity. That's utter nonsense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users