286 replies to this topic

#221 Legerejeff

Legerejeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:54 AM

At the beginning people where JNPG Sympathizers. Now we have real frustrations! It's a good change. Eff the word soon. Let's get this done asap. Time for an open Beta!!!

This thread was started June 07, 2016. It is now September 01, 2016. Just sayin'.  :rolleyes:

#222 Stoney

Stoney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:19 AM

Wow another week passes still no course forge you couldnt  make this fiasco up :D.

• Stephen Sullivan likes this

#223 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:37 PM

Once CF finally goes open beta and courses start being produced, bug reporting on Perfect Golf is going to skyrocket, making PP's job exponentially harder. People are already finding it difficult to recognise course bugs from game bugs. Most of the course designers at the moment are experienced designers, but this will change when CF goes open and many more people decide to have a go at designing. Many courses are likely to be released with errors of some sort or another, and the public are likely to blame the game for a lot of these.

I do hope the information released for CF designers is extensive and well presented when it eventually lands for everyone to try because PP are not going to be able to fall back on the excuse that they didn't have time to prepare for it!  :lol:

• Richard likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#224 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 02 September 2016 - 03:30 PM

I do hope the information released for CF designers is extensive and well presented when it eventually lands for everyone to try because PP are not going to be able to fall back on the excuse that they didn't have time to prepare for it!  :lol:

Perhaps you could do a CF equivalent of your excellent APCD videos  ;)  :P

Posted Image

#225 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:38 PM

Perhaps you could do a CF equivalent of your excellent APCD videos  ;)  :P

There's no chance of that as I know nothing about Unity and Course Forge apart from what has been provided already by MJ for the beta testers. In fact I don't even know that, as I haven't touched Course Forge or Unity since finishing Abbotsley, and I have already forgotten most of what I did to produce it. I would be virtually in the same boat as a beginner if I started work on another course as my memory is shocking these days. I do know though that the provided video tutorials, however good, do not cover everything, and people are going to have plenty of problems to resolve, especially if they haven't bothered to learn Unity first, even if all the private CF forum is made public to them on release. Course designing for PG can be so much more complicated than for Links, simply because there is so much more you can do in Unity - it's a complete dev kit. The basic course building is fairly simple in CF, but if you want all the bells and whistles - fancy effects, animation, 3D modelling etc. then there is a lot to learn, and if you click a few wrong buttons in Unity, you can get in a mess fast if you don't know what you're doing.

• Stephen Sullivan likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#226 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:56 PM

I have an idea just release course forge now with out speed tree - and continue to work on the speed tree situation. When a course is made the trees are put in last - so allow everyone to have Forgy now and enable everyone to learn it and start making holes and stuff and then later we can do the trees.  Good Idea ??  Bad Idea ??? 

• Stephen Sullivan and Snax like this

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#227 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:53 PM

I know things aren't always as straight forward as they seem but I can't help wondering why the problem with Speedtree occurred in the first place. Why wasn't the problem with licensing rectified when PP started using Speedtree?
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#228 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:36 PM

I know things aren't always as straight forward as they seem but I can't help wondering why the problem with Speedtree occurred in the first place. Why wasn't the problem with licensing rectified when PP started using Speedtree?

Sometimes things don't move quickly in the corporate world Ian. Public beta and private beta are two very different things with different license implications so it's not always as easy as it would seem from the outside. Catch the twitch stream for some CF info. 

#229 ed dawson

ed dawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:43 PM

How does one 'catch the twitch stream' ??? - query from an ignorant old groaner :unsure:

#230 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:59 PM

https://www.twitch.t...2016/v/87182191

#231 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:57 PM

There's no chance of that as I know nothing about Unity and Course Forge apart from what has been provided already by MJ for the beta testers. In fact I don't even know that, as I haven't touched Course Forge or Unity since finishing Abbotsley, and I have already forgotten most of what I did to produce it. I would be virtually in the same boat as a beginner if I started work on another course as my memory is shocking these days. I do know though that the provided video tutorials, however good, do not cover everything, and people are going to have plenty of problems to resolve, especially if they haven't bothered to learn Unity first, even if all the private CF forum is made public to them on release. Course designing for PG can be so much more complicated than for Links, simply because there is so much more you can do in Unity - it's a complete dev kit. The basic course building is fairly simple in CF, but if you want all the bells and whistles - fancy effects, animation, 3D modelling etc. then there is a lot to learn, and if you click a few wrong buttons in Unity, you can get in a mess fast if you don't know what you're doing.

From someone who has zero course design experience and a complete novice at Unity, this post is spot on.   I've tried it, still sort of working at it, but for those that think it will be easy to design courses for this game, I highly suggest you continue to work in Unity and become decent with that before even diving into CF. 

#232 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:08 PM

Well..... be careful whatcha wish for ;)

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#233 ed dawson

ed dawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:12 PM

Thanks Mike - it's new to me but great to watch you guys play the game and listen to your chat and some of your plans and aims..  I'll watch the balance tomorrow at a more civilised hour :) .

#234 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:26 AM

Christmas is coming!!!

#235 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 03 September 2016 - 05:25 AM

So much for the promise made in a video (so long ago) that Courseforge would not only be available "soon" (2 years ago), but would be sooo easy to use. Does anyone out there remember this? I think the U tube is still out there.

#236 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:14 AM

That promise still stands, "Course Forge is Easy", in it's

default state, but the great thing is that it allows the user

to delve as deep into their imagination as they choose.

Unity has a small learning curve to start, but with a bit of

practice becomes second nature. We all had to crawl before

walking and some can now run and jump. My legs work, but I

still trip a lot.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#237 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 03 September 2016 - 07:51 PM

Can't wait to see what that means :rolleyes: .

#238 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:07 AM

Christmas is coming!!!

Yes, but it's still 4 months away !

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#239 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:44 PM

If we end up having to do Christmas without Course Forge then it should not even be celebrated and or participated - except for the true meaning of Christmas - He is the Reason for the Season - celebrating the birth of the savior of the world Jesus Christ. 

• balaceanca81 likes this

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#240 HeNs

HeNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationFlorida,USA

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:47 AM

If we end up having to do Christmas without Course Forge then it should not even be celebrated and or participated - except for the true meaning of Christmas - He is the Reason for the Season - celebrating the birth of the savior of the world Jesus Christ.

Amen..this the best reply I have ever seen in this forum..! Give the praise for the one who died for us all.!

OGT PGA TOUR ADMINISTRATOR 

PGA TOUR HOME PAGE  : https://www.simulati...e.html?id=10047

OGT TEAM  PLAY ADMINISTRATOR 

TEAM PLAY FORUMS :  http://www.onlinegol...wforum.php?f=66

OGT TEAM TOURNAMENT ADMINISTRATOR http://www.onlinegol...php?f=66&t=3701

Asus  i5-7400 @ 3.00 GHz 

Memory 16 GB DDR4

EVGA GeForce GTX 950 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users