286 replies to this topic

#61 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:58 AM

As it appears you may have also, hence, the locked thread!

Isn't it interesting, that threads get locked, devoid of any actual TOS violations.

That's called moderator bias. Nothing more.

#62 dpeters95

dpeters95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:00 AM

No accusations or insinuations here, just my opinion...

Frankly it feels like a lot of lost time that new users could have spent learning the nuts and bolts of CF.  From what I can tell from CF threads and some videos posted, the vast majority of work to be done in CF has nothing to do with Speedtree.
I was hoping that the developers would release the core of the program/video tutorials to let us start getting our early mistakes out of the way.  The tree and foliage assets could be added later.  

Carry on

Absolutely agree @Bortimus. As many others, I can't get CF fast enough. But, they must have their reasons for not releasing it yet... I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that it is not some type of a conspiracy.

#63 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:01 AM

Absolutely agree @Bortimus. As many others, I can't get CF fast enough. But, they must have their reasons for not releasing it yet... I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that it is not some type of a conspiracy.

Who said anything about a conspiracy?

Maybe we should dispense with the straw man arguments.

#64 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:02 AM

Yep.  There's a limit to how long you can stare at a course in Unity and imagine what it's like to play it haha

#65 dpeters95

dpeters95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:13 AM

Yep.  There's a limit to how long you can stare at a course in Unity and imagine what it's like to play it haha

Well, I don't want to use the 4 letter "S" word (soon), but hopefully it won't be "LONG" now :P

#66 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:48 AM

No accusations or insinuations here, just my opinion...

Frankly it feels like a lot of lost time that new users could have spent learning the nuts and bolts of CF.  From what I can tell from CF threads and some videos posted, the vast majority of work to be done in CF has nothing to do with Speedtree.
I was hoping that the developers would release the core of the program/video tutorials to let us start getting our early mistakes out of the way.  The tree and foliage assets could be added later.  

Carry on

Makes sense to me. The CF beta testers have been using the program without coupons for quite some time. Why can't we have access to the same version of CF until the coupons come through? I just don't get it.

#67 tlvx

tlvx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:16 AM

Makes sense to me. The CF beta testers have been using the program without coupons for quite some time. Why can't we have access to the same version of CF until the coupons come through? I just don't get it.

Exactly. The facts are; that the program has been successfully used to create several dozens of playable courses, already released to the public.

There have been no facts presented, that would refute the fact that that the program could continue to be used precisely in the fashion in which it is already being used.

The facts are; that someone (a person holding the decision-maker role) has chosen not to release the program. Their reasons - as inexplicable as they may be - are their own.

I think we're all waiting for some further facts, as to why anyone and everyone else cannot simply sign up to beta test the program, in its current state.

#68 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:04 AM

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#69 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWorksop, Nottinghamshire

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:58 PM

I'm sure I was one of many looking forward to building courses in CF, but all the delays and the fact I haven't really found a swing method to replace my beloved powerstroke have left me less so now.

Cannot really see much point in designing courses for a game I have no real involvement in  :(

Posted Image

#70 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:53 PM

I'm sure I was one of many looking forward to building courses in CF, but all the delays and the fact I haven't really found a swing method to replace my beloved powerstroke have left me less so now.

Cannot really see much point in designing courses for a game I have no real involvement in  :(

.... and M-RTS Horizontal doesn't do it for you ????? I never got comfortable with PS in Links , even though I got the idea ... I played arround with M-RTS Horizontal ... thought it was great fun ... and thought that it gave me what PS didnt .... I left it again , bcs for the momemnt it deosent work for all kinds of cameras ..IMO

#71 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:49 PM

No Ola is really doesn't "do it" for me. The lack of a gauge doesn't help. Not really impressed with the lack of feel in the short game with the controller either.

I have played a few holes recently with the RTS-H but just don't feel in control of my game like I do with powerstroke as it very difficult to know what has gone wrong with your swing.

Posted Image

#72 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

From Mike Jones on Steam:

I suspect the ones doing most of the complaining about CF will be the ones least likely to use it when it finally does go into public beta.  The ones who really want to use it have been posting on our site and have shown their willingness to familiarize themselves with Unity as CF is a unity plug in. This has invariably lead to them becoming part of the current beta program.

#73 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:05 PM

That statement immediately made me wonder if there are still spots available.

#74 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:19 PM

Seems like I remember Mike saying, oh, three years ago, that he hoped people who couldn't master the APCD would be able to tool around with CF and get to experience the fun of course design. They were eager to get the program in our hands. Now, I'm detecting a different vibe.
  • Stephen Sullivan likes this

#75 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:41 PM

I hardly ever play this game anymore (maybe 1 round every couple months), but I was so looking forward over a year ago for the course forge to be released. Slowly my patience got thinner and thinner in anticipation until it reached it's breaking point. Now there's absolutely no interest in ever using CF if and when it ever comes out. I bought TGC in October of last year and immediately started designing courses. I think there's alot of people that actually purchase golf games strictly for designing if available. It really is a shame that a handful of beta users got a crack at using the Course Forge for this amount of time without even a peep of when it's going to get released. I feel really bad for the people still playing PG that were so looking forward to designing. Sadly enough, it may be into 2017 before any of you get a chance at using the Course Forge, and I think that's a BIG IF. I wish you all luck with your patience and dedication. Patience is going to make your community strong if you hang in there......Good Luck!!!

• Stephen Sullivan likes this

#76 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:52 PM

I hardly ever play this game anymore (maybe 1 round every couple months), but I was so looking forward over a year ago for the course forge to be released. Slowly my patience got thinner and thinner in anticipation until it reached it's breaking point. Now there's absolutely no interest in ever using CF if and when it ever comes out. I bought TGC in October of last year and immediately started designing courses. I think there's alot of people that actually purchase golf games strictly for designing if available. It really is a shame that a handful of beta users got a crack at using the Course Forge for this amount of time without even a peep of when it's going to get released. I feel really bad for the people still playing PG that were so looking forward to designing. Sadly enough, it may be into 2017 before any of you get a chance at using the Course Forge, and I think that's a BIG IF. I wish you all luck with your patience and dedication. Patience is going to make your community strong if you hang in there......Good Luck!!!

Why do you keep posting the same troll-like comments over and over?  Yes, we know you've pretty much stopped playing PG and have been designing courses for TGC for a while now.  You post about it many times last year.  Stop trolling.....

#77 Stephen Sullivan

Stephen Sullivan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:03 PM

From Mike Jones on Steam:

I suspect the ones doing most of the complaining about CF will be the ones least likely to use it when it finally does go into public beta.  The ones who really want to use it have been posting on our site and have shown their willingness to familiarize themselves with Unity as CF is a unity plug in. This has invariably lead to them becoming part of the current beta program.

Well, I have often complained and HAVE looked at Unity, but  I must be weird, because I thought APCD was quite straightforward to use compared to CF with it's reliance on Unity  ;)  I always thought I built some fairly good courses as well, but obviously not of good enough quality  :(

Posted Image

#78 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:07 PM

Well, I have often complained and HAVE looked at Unity, but  I must be weird, because I thought APCD was quite straightforward to use compared to CF with it's reliance on Unity  ;)  I always thought I built some fairly good courses as well, but obviously not of good enough quality  :(

Perhaps you have forgotten that you were invited to the CF beta and declined....

• Crusher likes this

#79 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:23 PM

Why do you keep posting the same troll-like comments over and over?  Yes, we know you've pretty much stopped playing PG and have been designing courses for TGC for a while now.  You post about it many times last year.  Stop trolling.....

I had to block him at YouTube for trolling too.

• zmax - sim likes this

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#80 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 01:26 AM

LOL...you crack me up Zmax!!! I like to check if anything has changed for this game, but if that's trolling than so be it. Never know, I might actually want to play this game again someday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users