#21 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

Looking forward to the updated short game physics. In my opinion this was the weak link in an otherwise stellar game (from a realism perspective) and it sounds like it's gotten a significant and impactful overhaul.

Next up... 3D grass and updated mocap animations! Hopefully.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#22 ProFirefighter

ProFirefighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:41 PM

Good to see wind effects being tweaked, always seemed it's impact were too diminished in the lower ranges (not that my game needs to be more challenging ... lol).

i5-4460 / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB 7200 RPM / Windows 8.1 / Thermaltake TR2 600W / EVGA GTX 960 FTW

#23 ProFirefighter

ProFirefighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:42 PM

Next up... 3D grass and updated mocap animations! Hopefully.

3D grass + Career Mode!

i5-4460 / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB 7200 RPM / Windows 8.1 / Thermaltake TR2 600W / EVGA GTX 960 FTW

#24 jeffield

jeffield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

This is really exciting. I like what I'm reading about the putting. Not being able to have the putt drop just because u got the perfect line. The improved physics and swing. Excellent. Although I thought what you had was excellent as well for realism and, it will be nice to see the wind gust because like you said if youre out on a course you can feel it. then the very best of all is the improvements to the a.i. and recorded rounds. For me this is awesome. Now I can challenge the best rounds for a course either solo or against friends. I would echo a statement above though. A visible course record stat that shows when starting a round on a course would be very welcome to see. Now with this a.i. improvement I'm hoping to set up a little offline golf world made up of players I create. Now.... when's that career mode coming??? :)))) great work guys. Oh yeah multiple green surfaces. ? good job!
  • Tigers Agent likes this

#25 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 November 2016 - 02:01 PM

I'm sure many peoples first impression will be a bit surprising as your scores are sure to go up a little. That said, the new physics around the cup along with the realistic setting for putts have breathed a lot of new life into the game. Just saying, give it a chance, I'm sure in a little time you'll learn to love the changes as most of us have.

All that said, the guys are continually tweaking in order to get it "perfect". ;)

I hope there won't be much complaining in the community about scores going up. I hope the devs don't listen to that but have just realism of ball physics and of appropriate difficulty of shot execution in mind. After an adjustement period, the scores will go down a little bit again. So the first impression should not have that much impact.

Realistic difficulty of shot execution should be tuned at the Tour Pro level. And it should be hard. A -10 on Tour pro should be an absolute outlier, not the norm.

And i think that the difficulty of the execution of certain shots played with different devices should still be on the agenda (haven't read about it in Andrews post). Hitting it long and straight seems to be overall easier with controllers - putting straight seems to be easier with RTS-M and 3-click (the stats at OGT suggests this). A balance there would be very helpful imho. 

#26 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:30 PM

I hope there won't be much complaining in the community about scores going up. I hope the devs don't listen to that but have just realism of ball physics and of appropriate difficulty of shot execution in mind. After an adjustement period, the scores will go down a little bit again. So the first impression should not have that much impact.

Realistic difficulty of shot execution should be tuned at the Tour Pro level. And it should be hard. A -10 on Tour pro should be an absolute outlier, not the norm.

And i think that the difficulty of the execution of certain shots played with different devices should still be on the agenda (haven't read about it in Andrews post). Hitting it long and straight seems to be overall easier with controllers - putting straight seems to be easier with RTS-M and 3-click (the stats at OGT suggests this). A balance there would be very helpful imho. 

There will be complaining and we are discussing this at great lengths to get this as right as we can before release.

I will tell you that my scores have dropped significantly with the latest build and yet it "feels realistic and right". The game has a great deal of balance from my RTSC perspective, can't wait to get the perspectives of you and others when this update is released.

Lastly, please heed Sinewiz comments on giving it time and practice. You are going to have to really focus on line and speed much more so than before. And when you sink that 20 footer for birdie, it becomes a "fist-pump" moment.....

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#27 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

There will be complaining and we are discussing this at great lengths to get this as right as we can before release.

I will tell you that my scores have dropped significantly with the latest build and yet it "feels realistic and right". The game has a great deal of balance from my RTSC perspective, can't wait to get the perspectives of you and others when this update is released.

Lastly, please heed Sinewiz comments on giving it time and practice. You are going to have to really focus on line and speed much more so than before. And when you sink that 20 footer for birdie, it becomes a "fist-pump" moment.....

That all sounds great. You made a very good point about the importance of “feeling right“ when playing.

In the current state you can hit 7 GIR and still be way under par. Although that is possible in real life it won't happen that often.

If the difficulty of scrambling and putting is realistic it will give the game a strategic dimension that currently is missing. Hitting fairways, hitting greens will be of way bigger importance - as it should be.

So it isn't just the pure number at the end of the round. We probably will see different styles of play as well. Right now everybody is going at every pin. That might change in the future. Risk and reward might play a bigger role. As i said: another dimension.

#28 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:38 PM

That all sounds great. You made a very good point about the importance of “feeling right“ when playing.

In the current state you can hit 7 GIR and still be way under par. Although that is possible in real life it won't happen that often.

If the difficulty of scrambling and putting is realistic it will give the game a strategic dimension that currently is missing. Hitting fairways, hitting greens will be of way bigger importance - as it should be.

So it isn't just the pure number at the end of the round. We probably will see different styles of play as well. Right now everybody is going at every pin. That might change in the future. Risk and reward might play a bigger role. As i said: another dimension.

Bingo...stay tuned!

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#29 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:49 PM

Bingo...stay tuned!

I'm trying but you don't say if you're broadcasting on Digital, FM or medium wave? :P 

#30 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:50 PM

Please give the new putting physics a chance when you play the new build, and use the new putting cameras which are set higher so you can see the length of backswing much easier. Successful putting now depends on good line and speed and not as before when you could literally ram the ball home.

Howdy Ian,
Did not see which direct x...this update entails....but i sure hope the gold ver.. gets at least 11....Do you know or anyone know which ver for sure?

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#31 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:10 PM

Howdy Ian,
Did not see which direct x...this update entails....but i sure hope the gold ver.. gets at least 11....Do you know or anyone know which ver for sure?

Still works with DX9 as far as I know.

We have not been told in the private beta group that we as yet require a minimum of DX11 but I am aware that this is on the list to be introduced down the development roadmap.

#32 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:16 PM

I have always found that no matter what is done to the game after a matter of time one nails down the changes.  I am sure this will be an adjustment before scores go down again, but no matter what they will return.  

#33 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:27 PM

I have always found that no matter what is done to the game after a matter of time one nails down the changes.  I am sure this will be an adjustment before scores go down again, but no matter what they will return.  

SGC,

I agree. The changes that are being introduced are not making the game impossible, just IMO making it play better than it did previously and introducing subtle changes here and there. Once players adapt after that bedding in period, they will be back hitting something like the scores they were doing before, but maybe just having to work that bit harder to achieve it, lol.

• SirGrassCutter likes this

#34 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:42 PM

If the physics are right this is a very important step. This would kind of eliminate “bail out shots“ that aren't possible in real life.

If that doesn't bring down scores enough there is still the possibility to tinker with the difficulty of shot execution.

One element that is very important in real life and is more or less missing in the game is: perfect contact with the ball. The thin and fat effects were toned down in one of the last updates. For the long game (i am speaking only of RTS-M) the outcome was good. The long game is hard on the tour pro level. But perfect contact everytime makes judging the distance with chips pitches an bunker shots too easy. No flubbed chips no underhitting when hitting out of thre rough.

Another big thing is that we can judge exactly how the ball comes out of rough lies. For more realism we would really need kind of a range for power and spin loss. Hitting balls out of thr rough sometimes is unpredictable in real life and often the reason for trouble. In the game it is more a question about the right calculation of ball flight and roll. But the exact numbers what the ball will do are on the screen.

#35 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:08 PM

I could care less about recorded rounds though as I only play multiplayer.

Oh. Maybe they shouldn't have bothered then.

#36 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:42 PM

Particularly pleased about the recorded rounds which were always part of JN6. Can we please have the functionality (if not already there) to play against  recorded rounds in tournament play. This was one of the most used and enjoyable features in said JN6.

And it was an equally good feature in Links 2003.  Yes I'd particularly like to see the functionality to play against REC rounds in tournament play.  Is this going to be in this build? 

• Charles likes this

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#37 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:39 PM

Oh. Maybe they shouldn't have bothered then.

For those who do not want company while playing it is fine.  I do not understand your statement, Ted.

#38 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 November 2016 - 11:17 PM

And it was an equally good feature in Links 2003.  Yes I'd particularly like to see the functionality to play against REC rounds in tournament play.  Is this going to be in this build? 

Andy,

As the REC rounds are fairly new, even to the PBTG (Private Beta Test Group) there isn't at present any way that I have seen where you can play a Tournament round with a REC player.

The REC rounds are only currently accessible via the SOLO PLAY area of the game.

Would be cool for example to be able to add REC rounds to your own game for the same round of the tournament you are about to play. So if 10 players have uploaded rounds for Rd 1 and you are about to commence Rd 1, you could add 2 or 3 of the uploaded rounds to play along with. Would bring an offline tournament round to life.

• Ron Piskorik, Ted_Ball, Charles and 1 other like this

#39 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:24 AM

What I am really hoping to see soon is the version built with Unity 5.5.  The reason being that I have been experiencing stutter since July of this year and at times the game is unplayable.  I use RTS-M and the herky jerky backswing results in shots all over the place.  I even bought a 6GB 1060 GTX but no improvement.  I have tried every suggestion given to me on the forum and again no improvement.  I sent in a video to PP and they replied that it looked like my cpu was getting bogged down and that my system specs were minimal.  They also said that when a version built with Unity 5.5 is available it will move a lot of the workload over to the GPU so there will be a big improvement in FPS.  The funny thing is that my specs, a quad core, 16 GIG RAM actually exceeds the recommend specs.  I continue to play OGT tournaments but my scores have gone through the roof mostly because of the stutter.

Lately I am also getting reduced distances for my clubs, especially out of the rough.  I had a lie the other day in the rough where it indicated a 20% loss in power.  I used a 3W so I figured the carry would be in the range of 190 to 200 yards but it turned out to be 144 yards.  When hitting from the fairway most  carry distances from 5i up to the driver are about 10 to 15 yards less.  I was thinking that this had to do with stutter as the program is probably not registering correctly how far I am pulling my club back or it is negatively impacting the offset because I noticed on the range that a large offset number also hurts how far the ball goes.

If the version 5.5 is a long way in to the future I am considering upgrading to Windows 10 and a i7.  However I am still looking forward to the changes announced for the latest update, especially the greens and cup physics.

RTSM - Pro

#40 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:53 AM

I do not understand your statement, Ted.

It just seems a strange thing to bother posting. It's like me posting, "I couldn't care less about 'Improvements to the Simulator Console App' because I don't use the Simulator Console App".

(Notice the correct usage of 'couldn't care less'. Think about the grammar here. Read the statement "I could care less etc." and examine the meaning therein. It makes one seem less intelligent a person than undoubtedly one is. For some reason that bothers me. Perhaps I'm just an irascible old man - not as irascible as K11 of course but irascible nevertheless.)

I do have a question though Sir G. As one who devotes all your playing time to multiplayer I would like to know just how often you get a pick-up match (as opposed to regular matches against your friends).

It looks like PP aren't interested in making multiplay attractive to players by encouraging participation with a presence of a ladder in the lobby and are simply relying on a third parties to offer an alternative. But I keep saying that the only way to make multiplay popular is to have a lobby presence in spite of OGT and PGLS offering ladders. (I have no idea how popular the PGLS ladder is by the way and it could be well attended.)

I realise that it is early days for recorded rounds and it will need to evolve further before we can play tournaments against other's rounds but there might be a workaround for an ersatz competition in the short term. Who knows Sir G; maybe you will find that form of multiplay just as good as PvP and without all the inane chatter and endless gs, np, wp, and the need for that less than perfect chat program where you lose whole conversations.

• SirGrassCutter likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users