#61 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:00 PM

No, it's not like AMD and Nvidia. PG has no connection to either and cannot control what they do. The meter on the other hand is part of the game and built and controlled by PG. When the game first came out in EA there were many issues with MS. Some people experienced these issues and others not so much. When MS issues came about they were tackled head on and a solution found seeming regardless of how many or how few complained. Priorities I guess.............In the past I have offered to allow PG remote access to my computer to help solve the issue. 

Which works just fine for me, and for others who have also replied that they don't have the issues you are experiencing, PP included.

The MS swing got some fixes applied as it was the actual mechanic of the swing that was at fault. The 3C swing meter works as it should. the fact that some folks gets stutters and others don't is the issue.

Axe360 was having stuttering issues with the meter, but he set about trying to see what on his PC could be causing him problems. After some refreshing and updating he now plays with smooth meter. If like me, people are not getting stutters and the 3rd click slide, then what is wrong with the meter? Nothing.

• axe360 likes this

#62 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:12 PM

I rarely play 3C but I've tried it on two machines and I haven't experienced stuttering on either.  Honest.  I HAVE seen a little bit of snap slide from time to time but I've honestly just chalked that up to my reactions and not the meter.

I believe that people are truly having issues - it's not that they are just making things up.  But the fact that some people have the issue and other don't makes it nearly impossible to troubleshoot and solve.  If this is really going to be solved then the dev team would need to see the issue first hand on a machine having the issue.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#63 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:28 PM

I just ordered a Evga GeForce 1080 Founders Edition and a Evga water block so I hope this will cure my issue. When I receive them and get them installed I will get back and post my result. I should have no problems after that. I have 24 GB memory and a 6 core possessor, If that doesn't work then I don't know what would.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#64 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:33 PM

Microstuttering: https://en.wikipedia...icro_stuttering

• Charles likes this

#65 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:49 PM

https://www.reddit.c...r_nvidia_cards/

http://boxthislap.or...finally-solved/

Quote from a thread in the FSX forums:

"The way I got rid of my stutters and pauses was to run FSX along side ProcessMonitor and when I noticed a stutter I tried to find a process that had jumped to life.  It took several trial and error rounds but eventually narrowed it down to the major culprits which in my case were related to real time protection from virus scanners."

#66 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:53 PM

Just to be clear it's highly dependent on hardware and software setups which is why some people have it and others do not. It's obvious that it's not just a PG issue, any game that relies on smooth motion like racing games etc can also suffer from it.

#67 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:22 PM

Which works just fine for me, and for others who have also replied that they don't have the issues you are experiencing, PP included.

The MS swing got some fixes applied as it was the actual mechanic of the swing that was at fault. The 3C swing meter works as it should. the fact that some folks gets stutters and others don't is the issue.

Axe360 was having stuttering issues with the meter, but he set about trying to see what on his PC could be causing him problems. After some refreshing and updating he now plays with smooth meter. If like me, people are not getting stutters and the 3rd click slide, then what is wrong with the meter? Nothing.

I very strongly disagree.  I just put in a new motherboard on my rig.  It is an Asus X99-A II (Socket 2011) and I STILL have the stutters.  I had the stutters on my MSI X99S SLI Plus LGA2011 V3 mobo as well.  These are not Mickey Mouse mobos.  I have 16GB of DDR4 ram, a 6 core I7 cpu running at 3.7Ghz, an ssd/hdd combo, an 850 watt power supply and a Zotac GTX980 card.  I believe my rig should be more than capable of running this game with ease.  I had the stutters on Windows 7 pro and I have them on Windows 10 pro.  I have tried every workaround possible.  Axe turned off his antivirus to remove the stutters which is very dangerous and I will never turn mine off.  So how can you say nothing is wrong with the meter?!  I  have put up with this since it was broken when the other swing types were added.  The job of fixing a game not working properly is the job of the developers.  I can give my rig specs if PP needs them.  All they have to do is ask.

One more thing.  I am almost used to the stuttering after a year of it but now like others I have a very bad slide on 3rd click which makes any level akin to playing tour pro.  The delay can be up to a half a second after I click!  If PP can at least fix the 3rd click slides then it would be tolerable.  This started about 2 main builds back for me.  Now before anyone says it could be my mouse, I tried both my wireless and wired mouse and both have the same amount of 3rd click slide.  

My computer I sent in for the mobo change and just wanted to let PP know that my old rig that I was using while my good one was on repair also has the stutters throughout the whole swing and the 3rd click slide as well.

#68 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:23 PM

I just ordered a Evga GeForce 1080 Founders Edition and a Evga water block so I hope this will cure my issue. When I receive them and get them installed I will get back and post my result. I should have no problems after that. I have 24 GB memory and a 6 core possessor, If that doesn't work then I don't know what would.

I hope you have better luck than my friend with the 1080 card.  He gets the stutters as well.

#69 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:24 PM

I very strongly disagree.  I just put in a new motherboard on my rig.  It is an Asus X99-A II (Socket 2011) and I STILL have the stutters.  I had the stutters on my MSI X99S SLI Plus LGA2011 V3 mobo as well.  These are not Mickey Mouse mobos.  I have 16GB of DDR4 ram, a 6 core I7 cpu running at 3.7Ghz, an ssd/hdd combo, an 850 watt power supply and a Zotac GTX980 card.  I believe my rig should be more than capable of running this game with ease.I had the stutters on Windows 7 pro and I have them on Windows 10 pro.  I have tried every workaround possible.  Axe turned off his antivirus to remove the stutters which is very dangerous and I will never turn mine off.  So how can you say nothing is wrong with the meter?!  I  have put up with this since it was broken when the other swing types were added.  The job of fixing a game not working properly is the job of the developers.  I can give my rig specs if PP needs them.  All they have to do is ask.

Did you bother to read any of the links I posted?

#70 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:36 PM

Just to be clear it's highly dependent on hardware and software setups which is why some people have it and others do not. It's obvious that it's not just a PG issue, any game that relies on smooth motion like racing games etc can also suffer from it.

I play iRacing, rFactor2, Race 07 and Assetto Corsa all on maxed out settings with zero stutters existing.  This is why i am so adamant about this.  Every other program or task I perform on my computer works without any issues whatsoever.

I already changed my pre rendered frames from 2 to 1 long ago when someone posted the fix here.  It did not work either.

Being by far the best golf game ever produced is why I am so passionate of getting this rectified.  Other than this issue and high pings for others in my rounds (250 down/20 up connection) I have no complaints.

#71 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:36 PM

Did you bother to read any of the links I posted?

Yes I did Mike.

#72 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:45 PM

To Mike Jones

I wonder if this may help you.  I have noticed something very strange happening for a long time.  I use MSI Afterburner to monitor my GPU usage and temperature.  I have found that when I get low frame rates (around 30-40) that my GPU usage is around 25%.  Yet when I get high frame counts my GPU runs anywhere from 50%-75%.  Correct me if I am wrong but it does not make sense to be getting low frame rates with low GPU usage.  It is though some courses are not utilising the full potential of the graphics card.  Hope this may help.

#73 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:48 PM

Yes I did Mike.

But you obviously failed to glean any information of use at all which is a shame. The point is for those who have not read the above threads and many many hundreds more easily found on the internet is that it's not something that can be fixed programatically.

I'm glad you don't suffer stutters in any of those other games you play just like loads of players don't suffer it in PG but what would you have us do - go around to each person who plays PG on a computer and tweak their hardware and software? 

BTW I also run an anti virus (Malwarebytes) and have zero stuttering but then again all antivirus softwares are not created equal. Perhaps we should call Avast or Norton and have them adjust their software so that it plays nicely with our game.

#74 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:51 PM

Thank you for your replies Mike.  I guess i am one of the unlucky ones who will have to put up with this forever.

• Sup? likes this

#75 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:52 PM

To Mike Jones

I wonder if this may help you.  I have noticed something very strange happening for a long time.  I use MSI Afterburner to monitor my GPU usage and temperature.  I have found that when I get low frame rates (around 30-40) that my GPU usage is around 25%.  Yet when I get high frame counts my GPU runs anywhere from 50%-75%.  Correct me if I am wrong but it does not make sense to be getting low frame rates with low GPU usage.  It is though some courses are not utilising the full potential of the graphics card.  Hope this may help.

I would say that on all Unity based games CPU usage is a just as important as GPU power. I see lots of people ramping up their GPU spec on top of a mid to low range CPU which won't have the best results.

As we have already seen though the stuttering some people complain about on the swing meter is not related to FPS as even with PROS on and the FPS's in the hundreds, they say still have issues. 

#76 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:17 PM

I very strongly disagree.  I just put in a new motherboard on my rig.  It is an Asus X99-A II (Socket 2011) and I STILL have the stutters.  I had the stutters on my MSI X99S SLI Plus LGA2011 V3 mobo as well.  These are not Mickey Mouse mobos.  I have 16GB of DDR4 ram, a 6 core I7 cpu running at 3.7Ghz, an ssd/hdd combo, an 850 watt power supply and a Zotac GTX980 card.  I believe my rig should be more than capable of running this game with ease.  I had the stutters on Windows 7 pro and I have them on Windows 10 pro.  I have tried every workaround possible.  Axe turned off his antivirus to remove the stutters which is very dangerous and I will never turn mine off.  So how can you say nothing is wrong with the meter?!  I  have put up with this since it was broken when the other swing types were added.  The job of fixing a game not working properly is the job of the developers.  I can give my rig specs if PP needs them.  All they have to do is ask.

I can say there is nothing wrong with the meter as it works just fine on my PC. As far as I am concerned there is nothing for PP to fix with regard to the 3C meter.

I appreciate you and others are having issues with the 3C meter, but constantly asking PP to fix it is what is puzzling me, as use it on my PC and it works fine. So what exactly do they need to fix? You'll the say the stuttering, but I'll say what stuttering. Please enlighten me how PP are supposed to fix that?

• Tresclub and J_Schollmeyer like this

#77 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:34 PM

I can say there is nothing wrong with the meter as it works just fine on my PC. As far as I am concerned there is nothing for PP to fix with regard to the 3C meter.

I appreciate you and others are having issues with the 3C meter, but constantly asking PP to fix it is what is puzzling me, as use it on my PC and it works fine. So what exactly do they need to fix? You'll the say the stuttering, but I'll say what stuttering. Please enlighten me how PP are supposed to fix that?

The game originally never had any stutters for me.  It started after one of the big updates which leads me to believe that the issue is on PP's end.  So let me answer your question with a question.  Why did the smooth meter become broken for some of us when it had worked before?

Mike posted some links but the problem is I have already tried the workarounds in the posts to no avail.  If the meter always stuttered from day one I can understand that it may be on my end.  But the fact that is not what happened, i find it hard to believe its my hardware's problem.  

• Sup? likes this

#78 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:36 PM

I would say that on all Unity based games CPU usage is a just as important as GPU power. I see lots of people ramping up their GPU spec on top of a mid to low range CPU which won't have the best results.

As we have already seen though the stuttering some people complain about on the swing meter is not related to FPS as even with PROS on and the FPS's in the hundreds, they say still have issues. 

I agree but my cpu only runs at around 25% while playing JNPG.  It is a 6 core 4th generation i7 which is not a slow chip.  :)  I have even tried disabling one core at a time with no results.

#79 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:41 PM

What Daz said also applies to my pc...

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#80 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:46 PM

The game originally never had any stutters for me.  It started after one of the big updates which leads me to believe that the issue is on PP's end.  So let me answer your question with a question.  Why did the smooth meter become broken for some of us when it had worked before?

Mike posted some links but the problem is I have already tried the workarounds in the posts to no avail.  If the meter always stuttered from day one I can understand that it may be on my end.  But the fact that is not what happened, i find it hard to believe its my hardware's problem.  

PC's are not static objects, their software and sometimes hardware changes over time. The fact remains that some people said they had stuttering from day 1, others have never had it. I repeat - is this more likely to be a software issue at PP's end or a hardware or software issue at the users end? If everyone had the issue it would most obviously be a PG issue and would probably be easy to fix as it would then most likely be a PG software issue and easily replicated.

As you can see from some of my links above and all those other thousands of forum posts for various games over the last 5 years or so, some people have issues with micro stuttering on almost every game released. The developers of those games have been unable to fix anything because the fix invariably needs to be at the user's end and the myriad of different hardware and software configurations people use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users