#41 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:07 AM

What I am really hoping to see soon is the version built with Unity 5.5.  The reason being that I have been experiencing stutter since July of this year and at times the game is unplayable.  I use RTS-M and the herky jerky backswing results in shots all over the place.  I even bought a 6GB 1060 GTX but no improvement.  I have tried every suggestion given to me on the forum and again no improvement.  I sent in a video to PP and they replied that it looked like my cpu was getting bogged down and that my system specs were minimal.  They also said that when a version built with Unity 5.5 is available it will move a lot of the workload over to the GPU so there will be a big improvement in FPS.  The funny thing is that my specs, a quad core, 16 GIG RAM actually exceeds the recommend specs.  I continue to play OGT tournaments but my scores have gone through the roof mostly because of the stutter.
Lately I am also getting reduced distances for my clubs, especially out of the rough.  I had a lie the other day in the rough where it indicated a 20% loss in power.  I used a 3W so I figured the carry would be in the range of 190 to 200 yards but it turned out to be 144 yards.  When hitting from the fairway most  carry distances from 5i up to the driver are about 10 to 15 yards less.  I was thinking that this had to do with stutter as the program is probably not registering correctly how far I am pulling my club back or it is negatively impacting the offset because I noticed on the range that a large offset number also hurts how far the ball goes.
If the version 5.5 is a long way in to the future I am considering upgrading to Windows 10 and a i7.  However I am still looking forward to the changes announced for the latest update, especially the greens and cup physics.

JNPG currently relies on the CPU too much. A quad core CPU is marginal at best. If you want improvement today then upgrade to a modern CPU.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#42 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationIn the heavy rough

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:13 AM

What I am really hoping to see soon is the version built with Unity 5.5.  The reason being that I have been experiencing stutter since July of this year and at times the game is unplayable.  I use RTS-M and the herky jerky backswing results in shots all over the place.  I even bought a 6GB 1060 GTX but no improvement.  I have tried every suggestion given to me on the forum and again no improvement.  I sent in a video to PP and they replied that it looked like my cpu was getting bogged down and that my system specs were minimal.  They also said that when a version built with Unity 5.5 is available it will move a lot of the workload over to the GPU so there will be a big improvement in FPS.  The funny thing is that my specs, a quad core, 16 GIG RAM actually exceeds the recommend specs.  I continue to play OGT tournaments but my scores have gone through the roof mostly because of the stutter.

Lately I am also getting reduced distances for my clubs, especially out of the rough.  I had a lie the other day in the rough where it indicated a 20% loss in power.  I used a 3W so I figured the carry would be in the range of 190 to 200 yards but it turned out to be 144 yards.  When hitting from the fairway most  carry distances from 5i up to the driver are about 10 to 15 yards less.  I was thinking that this had to do with stutter as the program is probably not registering correctly how far I am pulling my club back or it is negatively impacting the offset because I noticed on the range that a large offset number also hurts how far the ball goes.

If the version 5.5 is a long way in to the future I am considering upgrading to Windows 10 and a i7.  However I am still looking forward to the changes announced for the latest update, especially the greens and cup physics.

I have Windows 10 and a 6 core i7 and can tell you the stutters are still there along with a big slide after 3rd click.  :(  The problem lies not in your computer.

#43 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:25 AM

It just seems a strange thing to bother posting. It's like me posting, "I couldn't care less about 'Improvements to the Simulator Console App' because I don't use the Simulator Console App".

(Notice the correct usage of 'couldn't care less'. Think about the grammar here. Read the statement "I could care less etc." and examine the meaning therein. It makes one seem less intelligent a person than undoubtedly one is. For some reason that bothers me. Perhaps I'm just an irascible old man - not as irascible as K11 of course but irascible nevertheless.)

I do have a question though Sir G. As one who devotes all your playing time to multiplayer I would like to know just how often you get a pick-up match (as opposed to regular matches against your friends).

It looks like PP aren't interested in making multiplay attractive to players by encouraging participation with a presence of a ladder in the lobby and are simply relying on a third parties to offer an alternative. But I keep saying that the only way to make multiplay popular is to have a lobby presence in spite of OGT and PGLS offering ladders. (I have no idea how popular the PGLS ladder is by the way and it could be well attended.)

I realise that it is early days for recorded rounds and it will need to evolve further before we can play tournaments against other's rounds but there might be a workaround for an ersatz competition in the short term. Who knows Sir G; maybe you will find that form of multiplay just as good as PvP and without all the inane chatter and endless gs, np, wp, and the need for that less than perfect chat program where you lose whole conversations.

I too get miffed by poor grammar and realized my typo.  No problem and thanks for the correction.

Getting a pick up game in multiplayer that is not on my friends' list is few and far between.  There are three reasons for this.  The elitist groups who will only play each other.  The locked games are destroying the lobby but my suggestion to ditch the lock option was shot down by Mike.  The third issue is OGT continually advertising for players to play the ladder matches.  Funny how there were more in the lobby a year ago then now and you could get a round started in moments back then.  

As for trying the recorded rounds and liking them, no thanks.  That was the horrible offering at TGC and I detested it.  I would think by now that most would realize I ONLY like multiplayer rounds along with skype.  Me and my mates get into riotous laughter at our mistakes via skype in rounds.  Using a voip program is what really brings out the maximum enjoyment.  

In closing it seems sad that people are ecstatic at ever increasing options to play alone.  I thought the world was not this full of loners.

#44 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:29 AM

I have Windows 10 and a 6 core i7 and can tell you the stutters are still there along with a big slide after 3rd click.   :(  The problem lies not in your computer.

Strange, I'm on Win 10 and an i7 (details in sig) but no 3rd click slide here..... ever. Get the odd micro-stutter in the swing meter every once in a while, but nothing like some folks report. I must be lucky, lol.

#45 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:36 AM

Strange, I'm on Win 10 and an i7 (details in sig) but no 3rd click slide here..... ever. Get the odd micro-stutter in the swing meter every once in a while, but nothing like some folks report. I must be lucky, lol.

Yes you must be lucky, hehe.  I get stutters throughout the swing and the 3rd click slide every single shot.  At times I have thought of just parking the game for good.  It seems that PP is content with the fact that some of us still have this unstable meter issue.  All sorts of tweaks were done to the other swing types but we are left high and dry.  It seems after Crusher's suggestion about maxing out the graphics options (which is just a placeholder as they have done almost nothing since the 6.0 trees setting was removed) that the problem has been solved.  I have tried all workarounds from the forum and every conceivable graphics combination and think I have given up on PP ever fixing the worst meter ever produced in a golf game.

#46 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:38 AM

Getting a pick up game in multiplayer that is not on my friends' list is few and far between.  There are three reasons for this.  The elitist groups who will only play each other.  The locked games are destroying the lobby but my suggestion to ditch the lock option was shot down by Mike.  The third issue is OGT continually advertising for players to play the ladder matches.  Funny how there were more in the lobby a year ago then now and you could get a round started in moments back then.  

As for trying the recorded rounds and liking them, no thanks.  That was the horrible offering at TGC and I detested it.  I would think by now that most would realize I ONLY like multiplayer rounds along with skype.  Me and my mates get into riotous laughter at our mistakes via skype in rounds.  Using a voip program is what really brings out the maximum enjoyment.  

Yeah good points Sir G.  I imagined that there was a robust pick-up culture for the likes of you who spend a lot of time in the lobby but if you say so then, sadly, it's obviously not the case. I've never had success finding an immediate match whether created by me or someone else.

I envy your experiences of regular games with friends but I'm more of an irregular player who wants to have a match when the mood strikes me. The recent poll asking how people play the game is a bit misleading in that there was a higher percentage of solo players. This has to be the case if there is no easy and attractive access to the multiplayer option. Wouldn't it follow that if there was a dynamic lobby ladder then the results would skew more towards 1v1.

I imagine it's a bit disheartening for newbies to go to the lobby looking for some PvP action and faced with locked games or open matches that require membership of a third party site.

It can't be that hard to have an elo ladder running in the lobby if iSnooker has had one running for 20 years (estimate). It's still going strong even though there are many other snooker games out there. I wonder how long it would have lasted without that multiplayer component.

• SirGrassCutter likes this

#47 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:13 AM

"I imagine it's a bit disheartening for newbies to go to the lobby looking for some PvP action and faced with locked games or open matches that require membership of a third party site."

I have also posted about this.  I know of many who had bought the game and left after finding no one would give them a chance to play.  I have added just short of 200 people I have met in the game yet only because of two other regulars I play and Skype with, do I have a good chance of pick up games without a 20 minute or more wait.

One thing PP still needs to implement is a way to see other games being posted while a host has one up himself.  That way the host could join another's round instead of aimlessly waiting for players .

#48 footslogger

footslogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 25 November 2016 - 08:34 AM

I love the idea of the new range of shots around the green, which repay creativity.  I hope the update will come with a few hints as to when and how to play some of them eg 'grab and release' and what pitfalls to look out for.

• brokenclub likes this

#49 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:39 AM

I love the idea of the new range of shots around the green, which repay creativity.  I hope the update will come with a few hints as to when and how to play some of them eg 'grab and release' and what pitfalls to look out for.

Yeah, notes what changed exactly considering certain shots (change of difficulty or penalty or physics) would be appreciated.

#50 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:25 PM

Daz I must be lucky also as I don't experience it either.

#51 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

Yes you must be lucky, hehe.  I get stutters throughout the swing and the 3rd click slide every single shot.  At times I have thought of just parking the game for good.  It seems that PP is content with the fact that some of us still have this unstable meter issue.  All sorts of tweaks were done to the other swing types but we are left high and dry.  It seems after Crusher's suggestion about maxing out the graphics options (which is just a placeholder as they have done almost nothing since the 6.0 trees setting was removed) that the problem has been solved.  I have tried all workarounds from the forum and every conceivable graphics combination and think I have given up on PP ever fixing the worst meter ever produced in a golf game.

Its not that we dont want to fix it it is just that none of us experience it so it is almost impossible for us to figure out why it affects some people and not others.  Since this is the case it is clearly some combination of game code and local machine otherwise it wold affect everyone.

#52 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:09 PM

Daz I must be lucky also as I don't experience it either.

and either do I have any problem clicking.

#53 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:18 PM

I've learned that the stutter is just part of the game. I just don't play any level over amateur anymore, and that is challenging if you get the stutters. So I find myself not playing much anymore because most of the people I played with play on pro level. So now I'll go on and maybe get lucky and find a MP game. I don't have the patience to set up a game and set there for twenty minutes waiting for someone to join. I know the dev's want to fix it but I understand if it's not happening on their end it makes it impossible to know whats broken. 

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#54 flyer01

flyer01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

Its not that we dont want to fix it it is just that none of us experience it so it is almost impossible for us to figure out why it affects some people and not others.  Since this is the case it is clearly some combination of game code and local machine otherwise it wold affect everyone.

The stutter situation is real and well documented since the first days of EA. A lot of people including myself have tried every suggestion from the forums to no avail. I bought a new rig just for PG and have moved as well so I've had two ISP's . With all due respect, regardless of the challenge, who's job is it to fix this issue, PG's or mine? I have stated in the past that PG will never fix the meter. I made that statement to try and piss someone off to the point they would accept the challenge. Priorities I guess?

ASUS ROG LAPTOP,  i7-4720HQ, G-sync IPS, 16GB, 1TB HDD, 256GB PCIEG2 SSD, GTX970M GDDR5, WIN. 8.1

#55 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:55 PM

The stutter situation is real and well documented since the first days of EA. A lot of people including myself have tried every suggestion from the forums to no avail. I bought a new rig just for PG and have moved as well so I've had two ISP's . With all due respect, regardless of the challenge, who's job is it to fix this issue, PG's or mine? I have stated in the past that PG will never fix the meter. I made that statement to try and piss someone off to the point they would accept the challenge. Priorities I guess?

Priorities?

Andrew has already replied above (post #51) that the issue they have is that they, like some of us in the community, do not get the bad stutters that other folks are reporting. How can they fix something that on their end is not broken?

Surely for PP to be able to work on a fix, they would need to be able to replicate the issue. They aren't able to replicate it.

Much like if folks are having issues with AMD graphics cards, I can't tell them what to change as I run an Nvidia card and cannot replicate their problem.

#56 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:05 PM

Priorities?

Andrew has already replied above (post #51) that the issue they have is that they, like some of us in the community, do not get the bad stutters that other folks are reporting. How can they fix something that on their end is not broken?

Surely for PP to be able to work on a fix, they would need to be able to replicate the issue. They aren't able to replicate it.

Much like if folks are having issues with AMD graphics cards, I can't tell them what to change as I run an Nvidia card and cannot replicate their problem.

I think someone should pack up their computer and send it to them, so PP can troubleshoot.  I know my meter has always been smooth as glass, so I can't replicate it either.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#57 flyer01

flyer01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:15 PM

Priorities?

No, it's not like AMD and Nvidia. PG has no connection to either and cannot control what they do. The meter on the other hand is part of the game and built and controlled by PG. When the game first came out in EA there were many issues with MS. Some people experienced these issues and others not so much. When MS issues came about they were tackled head on and a solution found seeming regardless of how many or how few complained. Priorities I guess.............In the past I have offered to allow PG remote access to my computer to help solve the issue. 

ASUS ROG LAPTOP,  i7-4720HQ, G-sync IPS, 16GB, 1TB HDD, 256GB PCIEG2 SSD, GTX970M GDDR5, WIN. 8.1

#58 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:14 PM

Yeah, notes what changed exactly considering certain shots (change of difficulty or penalty or physics) would be appreciated.

Simply learn it.  It should take only a couple of days.

#59 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:16 PM

Sorry Andrew but it is so frustrating having had to put up with this since the other swing types were added.  That is when this started for me.

#60 SirGrassCutter

SirGrassCutter

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:17 PM

and either do I have any problem clicking.

I think you meant neither do you have any problem .

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users