• PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:49 AM

"Serenity Now"!!  

Thanks DP, Your innovations are making 

building a SNAP!

Just wondering if the black specular could be applied

to Fairways to alleviate the dark ring we get with Dynamic Skies on?

Thanks Again, great work, I like it.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#102 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:47 AM

Interesting thought Neal. I am not sure. Would you be willing to go back into one of your older builds and change the Specular to black for all of your layers, recalculate all of your splines and build out a course to see? That would be a nice discovery.

I have no idea if that Specular color in anyway impacts the normal "sparkles" and would reduce the sheen of your course as a side effect. I also don't know if the line you see relates to the blend between the fairway and surrounding spline. The PP materials for the fairway and blend are composed of "Transition" and "Core" materials and I'm not sure if the black line is a product of those 2 overlapping in some way and the lighting not liking that.

#103 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:39 AM

Very nice Matt. You've moved the bar a bit higher.

#104 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:59 PM

Looking pretty good now with Dyn Skies ON. Sorry for the jerky video, but IMO, HUGE improvement buddy. You dah Man.

Sorry. That clubhouse looks awesome! The detail of everything looks so real. Top Notch work!

• Justin9926 likes this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#105 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:54 PM

Thanks Larrys! Happy to see no flickering. Hopefully, that'll prove to be true for all my 3D objects from here on.
  • axe360 likes this

#106 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:08 PM

Have to agree with the Larry's as well. I loaded it up on a course to look at close and being able to use the normal maps does make the buildings pop a little more. Also like the reflective windows. So when will us mere mortals be receiving this gift from the Master. :D

Justin

• axe360 likes this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#107 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:30 AM

I need to revamp all roofing. So, I'm looking toward a v1_3_3 release, I guess. I know it's mostly for like 5 of us but as a team, we can churn out some quality houses so I think it's worth the effort.

The new windowing can be a part of a 3mx3m but it's also just as easy to cut them out wherever desired along a finished wall.

I use various sized cubes to create cut outs and use the boolean modifier set to "difference". That creates the initial outer frame. Then, I inset about 0.02 and assign that frame to a new material or the fascia. Then, unwrap the glass to it's own material.

A tutorial will be made as usual. However, I'm out making waves and catching rays this weekend.
  • nstone73 likes this

#108 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:59 AM

I spent some time, looking in those windows just to see if it was reflecting my course. lol. Looks cool.

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#109 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:45 AM

Axe, one day, I'll look into it but I believe you can generate an environment cubemap from your scene.

You can basically finish your course, place a reflection probe on the course and it will capture its surroundings and generate an image to use for the reflection in the window.

It requires a script and I don't want anyone to attempt and lose their build on my account.

It's obviously not that crucial either unless your building is in stones throw from Harry Hacker.

#110 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:01 AM

Too cool Matt. However, that will have to be a tiny bit down the road for me. lol.

Thanks for what you do for us! :D

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#111 QBL_MrCobra

QBL_MrCobra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:31 AM

Actually pulling off 2 tricks for this next one...

#1 - DYNAMIC SKY FLICKERING BE GONE! - So, I believe that I finally built a house that seems to behave nicely with Dynamic Sky "ON".  I am interested to hear some reports on this one. If it works, as always, may have to update a few things or at least modify how we build going forward with the House Builder materials. Reading between the lines on some other posts and exploring the PP objects, I am now using Bumped Specular and turning the Specular Color to #000000FF (black). Trying to add normals when possible as well. Interested to see if all colors of textures behave nicely. Also, combine to 1 mesh at the finish and remove all double vertices.

#2 - REFLECTIVE WINDOWS ​- ditched the transparent window texture idea and just built the windows into the walls. Then, added a reflective glass material using the DefaultCubeMap3. I like it. You can turn it off if it does not go with the other buildings you have for now. I am hoping to push out a neighborhood as I need at least 10 good homes for Kiawah. I'll supply all the homes and use reflective materials for the windows if all goes well.

BJO5iW3.jpg

This is very nice Matt,

If I understand, when the work is finish, before we export it, we need to make it in a mesh and assing all your differente material to it???

Am I right?

Thank you

#112 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:21 PM

MrCobra,

You need to do all your assigning of materials in Blender. Depending on your building, it may already be done if you have used the blocks correctly.

However, what I do, in Blender, is click all the pieces I want to be Brick, make a new material, name it Brick and click assign. That gives those pieces a unique name.

Then, select all stone pieces, make a new material and name it Stone, and click assign.

You should not need to do that for any other pieces. You only need to do it if you have more than 1 wall material.

This way, when you join all your pieces, they maintain unique material names.

After all pieces are correctly assigned materials, I duplicate the unjoined object and move it to the side. Oon the duplicated object, I select all pieces with box select, in object mode, "B" and then hit Join. I then tab into edit mode, select all with "a" and choose "remove doubles ".

You can then export the piece. Don't forget to change the material part in Unity on import to import material by material name.

Drag into scene and apply your Unity materials.

#113 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:01 PM

What did you do take your laptop while making those waves and catching those rays :) . Take some time off and have a great weekend, Matt. I really appreciate all the hard work you put into this.

Justin

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#114 QBL_MrCobra

QBL_MrCobra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:43 AM

#115 QBL_MrCobra

QBL_MrCobra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:26 AM

MrCobra,

You need to do all your assigning of materials in Blender. Depending on your building, it may already be done if you have used the blocks correctly.

However, what I do, in Blender, is click all the pieces I want to be Brick, make a new material, name it Brick and click assign. That gives those pieces a unique name.

Then, select all stone pieces, make a new material and name it Stone, and click assign.

You should not need to do that for any other pieces. You only need to do it if you have more than 1 wall material.

This way, when you join all your pieces, they maintain unique material names.

After all pieces are correctly assigned materials, I duplicate the unjoined object and move it to the side. Oon the duplicated object, I select all pieces with box select, in object mode, "B" and then hit Join. I then tab into edit mode, select all with "a" and choose "remove doubles ".

You can then export the piece. Don't forget to change the material part in Unity on import to import material by material name.

Drag into scene and apply your Unity materials.

Hi Matt,

I would like to thank you for all the help you gave me, when I'm was asking you questions. Also, I would like to say, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one, that we are very appreciative and thankful for all the tutorials that you have posted for the DPR House Builder and all the time you have invested to build that fantastic Package for the whole community. You have been so patient with us and the results that we get from the builder is amazing.

I'm very proud to post my first Club House for my new course, the Rhode Island Golf Club and I think it gives life to the course.

Vf6IzDb.jpg?1

8nDJPVH.png?1

• cajuncapgun, TheBigYin519, RobC and 3 others like this

#116 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:10 AM

MrCobra,

You are very talented. Impressively done, very large and complicated roofing, the dormers, the awnings, the umbrellas, and that wall!

Glad you are enjoying the house builder. Excited to see that one in game.

#117 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:48 PM

MrCobra, exceptionally well done. I love those awnings. Duplicating clubhouses can be a real challenge, but are so much easier with the House Builder package.

#118 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:46 PM

Great-looking clubhouse MrCobra. Really like the extra touches with the awnings.  Sure is fun playing with the housebuilder isn't it..

Justin

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#119 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:59 PM

It's been a while since anything's been posted here lately. So I thought I'd let you know DP and Larry have been working on the new roof system. They gave me a beta of it to test to see how  the pieces are working. All I can say is it's looking great. Here's two houses I put together in the past few days.

eo1yVg0.jpg

tD7Eb8Y.jpg

Justin

• DoGgs likes this

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#120 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:13 PM

Looking gr8! I hope in the future some kind hearted soul would make US some "tract homes"?

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users