#81 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:29 PM

Ninja,

Not sure what you were after, but I packaged up three houses you can use to your hearts desire. The Unity package includes three prefabs that are textured as in the image. You can re-texture them however you want.

https://dl.dropboxus...es.unitypackage

uasJ9RG.jpg

• Dazmaniac, Keith, Justin9926 and 2 others like this

#82 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

Larry, you are making my House Building dreams come true!

A pay it forward thinking community that really offloads some of the 3D grunt work, in a low poly manner to boot.

#83 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:58 PM

Hopefully these work. It should be just the house and materials without actually loading the house builder.  Here's a Residential house and a Butler building.

RocPRg7.jpg

Residential house

Butler building

If they open up and work okay then I should have some more to upload shortly..

Justin

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#84 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:46 PM

Great contribution guys, thanks for your valued work.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#85 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:08 AM

Justin,

Great work. I would suggest including the buildings in a master folder, something like JustinHouses or similar, rather than adding them individually in the project folder. Keeps from adding clutter in the project folder.

Larry

#86 Jperkules

Jperkules

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, U.S

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:43 PM

Thanks guys. I will put these to good use.

#87 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:33 PM

tE9eTBm.jpg

Residential House 2

• DPRoberts likes this

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#88 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:40 PM

Thanks Justin, Looks awesome, great job

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#89 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:53 PM

Very nice Justin. Can't wait to see all of your houses once DP gets the new roof pieces completed.

#90 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:56 PM

Great job Justin. Getting adventurous on the windows and doors, I see. Love the stone as well.

The net seems to lack a good collection of photos of windows. I have debated heading out with my camera and building a collection but I'm worried what the neighbors might think.

#91 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:05 AM

Great job Justin. Getting adventurous on the windows and doors, I see. Love the stone as well.

The net seems to lack a good collection of photos of windows. I have debated heading out with my camera and building a collection but I'm worried what the neighbors might think.

Just visit various window store show rooms. Of course, you don't want to give you name or they will harass you, via phone, for the next ten years.  ;)

Richard

Posted Image

#92 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:12 AM

Not sure if you reside in the USA, but I see quite of few possibilities if you google images for  'Andersen Windows or Pella Windows. I'm sure there are other brands also.

I agree that most window companies seem to display their windows installed. Not great for just segregating a window.

• DPRoberts likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#93 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:57 AM

Is this any good ?

https://www.google.c...iw=1878&bih=937

• DPRoberts likes this

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#94 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:25 AM

Thanks guys. A few winners in there. I have resorted to hand drawing in Photoshop for some pieces. Still something a little lifeless on the window pane. Going to investigate glass shaders and reflection probes but not sure on FPS expense.

#95 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:28 PM

Try this one for the doors:

https://www.google.c...h&q=house doors

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#96 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:14 PM

Been messing around with the overhang. I used the method of extruding the fascia.  I probably didn't get the mapping quite right, but it's pretty close. Unless you fly right up on top of the roof you can't notice the .5 overhang seam much. Anyhow, here it is..

nUPfoWX.jpg

Cedar shake house

Having a blast with this housebuilder. Thanks a lot DP

Justin

• DPRoberts likes this

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#97 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:31 PM

Beautiful Justin. You are really rocking on design and texturing. They keep getting a little better with each one.

I gotta post one before you guys race past me. I've got one trick up my sleeve for my next one...

#98 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:21 AM

Excellent Justin. You'r starting to set the bar higher and higher. I haven't had much time to devote to houses, been working on Trump Washington clubhouse. Should have a preview in a day or so.

Matt, the trick of defining multiple windows per cell has enabled me to have 16-17 different windows from one window texture. Nice trick indeed.

#99 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

Thanks guys, , Matt with your skills on blender I don't think you have anything to worry about me ever passing you by :). Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your clubhouse, Larry.

Justin

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#100 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:14 PM

Actually pulling off 2 tricks for this next one...

#1 - DYNAMIC SKY FLICKERING BE GONE! - So, I believe that I finally built a house that seems to behave nicely with Dynamic Sky "ON".  I am interested to hear some reports on this one. If it works, as always, may have to update a few things or at least modify how we build going forward with the House Builder materials. Reading between the lines on some other posts and exploring the PP objects, I am now using Bumped Specular and turning the Specular Color to #000000FF (black). Trying to add normals when possible as well. Interested to see if all colors of textures behave nicely. Also, combine to 1 mesh at the finish and remove all double vertices.

#2 - REFLECTIVE WINDOWS ​- ditched the transparent window texture idea and just built the windows into the walls. Then, added a reflective glass material using the DefaultCubeMap3. I like it. You can turn it off if it does not go with the other buildings you have for now. I am hoping to push out a neighborhood as I need at least 10 good homes for Kiawah. I'll supply all the homes and use reflective materials for the windows if all goes well.

BJO5iW3.jpg

Download - Serenity - https://www.dropbox....itypackage?dl=0

Don't read too much into the name. It is on a street nearby my home, Serenity Way. Video below shows the reflective glass in game with Dynamic Sky "ON" and how to remove it if you don't want it.

• Justin9926 likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users