#181 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

Options people lol....

The 4 click is just as easily bussed in, using the click and hold, release, twice. A simpler 2 click, where you set the maximum power prior to taking your swing, can also be applied. All these use the same swingometer (is that a word now?). Just different uses of the same application. Adding the basic 3 click would bo no problem either..

Amateur - 2 click

Pro - 3 click

Elite - 4 click etc

Only a thought..

#182 noelw1969

noelw1969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStafford, UK

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

I was certain I had already replied in this thread but cannot see it anywhere !!

I am hoping for a Truswing or Gamepad option. I never used the 3 click option on TWO and in my time on Golf Star since TWO left us, I have gotten increasingly frustrated with the clicking as there simply is no "feel" to the game. Its a case of just press the button and see what happens. To me its like having a racing game where you can only use your keyboard to drive the car, it can be done but it just ain't no fun.

If clicking becomes the only option on here, I will not be joining in.

#183 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

@noelw1969,

If you have searched this thread looking for your reply that you thought you had posted, you obviously didn't see this on your travels:-

Ok we do not want to see this good discussion turn into a TS/RTS cheat by using edges and click cheat using charts discussion. I will delete or edit anything like this. Please feel free to discuss both what you like and don't like about the posted meter.

There will be a mouse swing

;)

#184 noelw1969

noelw1969

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStafford, UK

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

Thanks Daz, I did not see that one. I also found the post I was thinking of in another thread !!

Its great to know that there will be a mouse swing.  :D

#185 ray devitt

ray devitt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationrep of ireland

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

the swing meter seems to be a little over completed

#186 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

the swing meter seems to be a little over completed

Then please share your ideas for a swing-meter.

#187 truckerkills

truckerkills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

I like this concept very much and love the club select in meter... if that's gonna be :)

#188 2coolhipdude

2coolhipdude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIt's frickin' cold, WI

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

I think Ray means "KISS". (Keep it simple, stupid).  If PP expects to profit from this venture, they're going to have to appeal to the masses.  The people who contribute to this forum are not the masses.  We're the ones who want to see dimples on the balls.  Divots in the fairways.  Erratic physics to enhance gameplay and reality.  But PP would go broke if they only catered to the limited few who regularly visit this site and support it unseen(remember Kickstarter?).  Like most things, swingmeters are subjective.  What I have come to notice over the years, is the simpler the meter, the more accepted it is by the majority.  You have to take things into comsideration like the very young and the very old.  Well, maybe not "very'.  lol.  As everyone knows by now, many online players, especially golf, are retired individuals.  Eyesight and reflexes are not as sharp as they once were   So, you know where this is going.  Since the swingmeter requires hand/eye coordination, and the first thing any golfer does after hitting the ball is watch where it goes, the meter should be placed next to the golfer.  It should disappear immediatly after contact.  The meter itself should be translucent.  It should not be obtrusive(i.e. flashing lights, glowing bar, multi-colored dots, etc.).  It should have some sort of strength indicators.  Whether something simple like 20 hashmarks, or 25, 50, 75, 100 and 110% gradients.  There needs to be a sweet-spot.  It cannot be too exact like WGT's 'ding".  But it shouldn't be too lenient that a blind person can hit a perfect shot every time.  I think the 'ball in the circle" idea may work, but one would need to try it.  I personally think the 4 bars alone and a line, instead of a ball, would be cleaner.  Anything inside the 2 center bars is perfect, outside the 2 center bars is draw/fade and outside the 4 bars is hook/slice.  Hitting it early would hook and late would slice.  Here's the reasoning.  If your hands are behind the ball(early) when you contact the ball, it will pull the shot.  If your hands are past the ball(late), you slice the shot. .You may think that everyone else in the marketplace has it wrong, but that's just your opinion.  I wouldn't have any other options included within the meter.  Club selection, ball spin(back or side), wind direction, etc. should be placed as far to the edge of the screen as possible.  I prefer a circular meter, but a bar meter would be acceptable too.  I would think you could design 2-3 different meters and let the golfer choose, just as they can choose 1-4 click.  As a reference, TWO's meter, though not perfect, was the best on the market.  TW08 was/is unacceptable.  I refuse to play it.  It was/is too arcady and positioned improperly.  And the most imporatant thing is:  Your cursor must be inside the meter to activate it  Through all clicks  I don"t like clicking on something else and having the meter start  The meter could be invisible until you pass your cursor over it  That way, one could see the 'lie angle" under the club.(if you chose to put the meter over the club head).

• Harald and Keith like this

Signatures?  We don't need no stinkin' signatures.

#189 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hm, I'll play whatever I'll get, though I, old persnickety worshipper of all that is imbued with rigorous no-nonsene, do approve of the KISS concept.

Yet for all I care their swing meter can look like a moldy scrap of lasagna after digestion and excretion, but as long as it unlocks a good golf game, I will use it. Beggars aren't choosers. And we are beggars in this matter. And I did not say it does look like a mold scrap for lasagna - I believe I likened it a bit earlier with something you need inside the Death Star to aim at Alderan. 

But, to drive this topic even further, and most likely into the realm of the impossible, how about a customizable Swing Meter? PG provides the software mechanics and a design tool and (for those who don't care a choice of a dozen or so templates) and we, the players, can go all photoshop on that, import our own logos and graphics for the swing meter and also tweak, bend or shape that mother however we like?

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#190 Harald

Harald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNuremberg, Germany

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

I think Ray means "KISS". (Keep it simple, stupid).  If PP expects to profit from this venture, they're going to have to appeal to the masses.  The people who contribute to this forum are not the masses.  We're the ones who want to see dimples on the balls.  Divots in the fairways.  Erratic physics to enhance gameplay and reality.  But PP would go broke if they only catered to the limited few who regularly visit this site and support it unseen(remember Kickstarter?).  Like most things, swingmeters are subjective.  What I have come to notice over the years, is the simpler the meter, the more accepted it is by the majority.  You have to take things into comsideration like the very young and the very old.  Well, maybe not "very'.  lol.  As everyone knows by now, many online players, especially golf, are retired individuals.  Eyesight and reflexes are not as sharp as they once were   So, you know where this is going.  Since the swingmeter requires hand/eye coordination, and the first thing any golfer does after hitting the ball is watch where it goes, the meter should be placed next to the golfer.  It should disappear immediatly after contact.  The meter itself should be translucent.  It should not be obtrusive(i.e. flashing lights, glowing bar, multi-colored dots, etc.).  It should have some sort of strength indicators.  Whether something simple like 20 hashmarks, or 25, 50, 75, 100 and 110% gradients.  There needs to be a sweet-spot.  It cannot be too exact like WGT's 'ding".  But it shouldn't be too lenient that a blind person can hit a perfect shot every time.  I think the 'ball in the circle" idea may work, but one would need to try it.  I personally think the 4 bars alone and a line, instead of a ball, would be cleaner.  Anything inside the 2 center bars is perfect, outside the 2 center bars is draw/fade and outside the 4 bars is hook/slice.  Hitting it early would hook and late would slice.  Here's the reasoning.  If your hands are behind the ball(early) when you contact the ball, it will pull the shot.  If your hands are past the ball(late), you slice the shot. .You may think that everyone else in the marketplace has it wrong, but that's just your opinion.  I wouldn't have any other options included within the meter.  Club selection, ball spin(back or side), wind direction, etc. should be placed as far to the edge of the screen as possible.  I prefer a circular meter, but a bar meter would be acceptable too.  I would think you could design 2-3 different meters and let the golfer choose, just as they can choose 1-4 click.  As a reference, TWO's meter, though not perfect, was the best on the market.  TW08 was/is unacceptable.  I refuse to play it.  It was/is too arcady and positioned improperly.  And the most imporatant thing is:  Your cursor must be inside the meter to activate it  Through all clicks  I don"t like clicking on something else and having the meter start  The meter could be invisible until you pass your cursor over it  That way, one could see the 'lie angle" under the club.(if you chose to put the meter over the club head).

I totally agree this words. It's right a Swingmeter who works too difficult take the Fun far far away from the most "Non Professional Players". Sometimes more Simplicity is much better than there are to much Features inside.

I7-6700k, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream 8GB,16 GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W ATX 2.4, SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Eizo Color Graphic CS270 - 27", Win 10 Pro (64bit)

#191 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

Ooh I like customisable.. I'll go there with you... do we take one wheelchair or two..?

#192 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

You may hop onto mine. But hurry, it's already accelerating on my fast descent into impatient lunacy.

That waiting is getting to me...

@ Harald: They have said there will be a 1, 2, 3 and 4-Click Swing on that swing meter. There also will probably be different levels of difficulty. They are aware of the needs of casual Arcadians and are not going to publish a one-size-fits-all swing meter with a hardcore-Sim-bias. So relax, there certainly will be something in there that will cater to your tastes and desired degree of immersion.

• IanD likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#193 Harald

Harald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNuremberg, Germany

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

@Kamlammo, i personal would have no Problem with a Swingmeter in any kind ever because i play Links, TWO, WTG since many many Years. So my Agreement/Post is a generally Thought/Aspect for the Dev-Team to make it not too difficult for the Mass of the Players because it's nothing more then a Golf Game ;) Also 2coolhipdude is right in his Meaning that PP needs more Players then Profs to got a Sucess by selling the Game.

I7-6700k, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream 8GB,16 GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W ATX 2.4, SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Eizo Color Graphic CS270 - 27", Win 10 Pro (64bit)

#194 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

This wins hands down but without any sound effects or gyrations. Also, no percentage markers, just five bars and no hash marks in-between the bars.

two-meter_zps78f08f11.jpg

AND it should be moveable to any position on the screen.

• CSR likes this

#195 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

This wins hands down but without any sound effects or gyrations. Also, no percentage markers, just five bars and no hash marks in-between the bars.

A very KISS design, plain, simple and to the point.  Very nice LR.

Warren

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#196 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

A very KISS design, plain, simple and to the point.  Very nice LR.

Warren

It's just a screenie of the TWO swingmeter.

• Tigers Agent likes this

#197 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

This kind of swing could be very interesting but i'd like to take a look on a video (if it could be possible) like that we all could understand more directly with a visual inspection how it works and we could send more accurate feedbacks on this topic.

#198 DaShotShapa

DaShotShapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:40 AM

Will we be able to use the spacebar and mouse?

MSI A88X-G43, AMD A10-5800K, PATRIOT PC3-10700 DDR3 16GB, AMD HD RADEON 7700 1GB DDR5, CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI, WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

#199 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

A better Q may be worded - can we have options of selecting keys for playing?

#200 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

For example, this one is the same for Novice, intermediate, advanced and expert, what changes are the speeds...If you go past the top notch it turns red so you know..

I'm not saying to use this one but I see no need to have different ones for different levels if you make it so it get's faster as you go to a higher level. If you choose of course.

Note: I don't even 3 click but I thought I could add something to this topic as I have been around this game for 8 or 9 years..

And no I would not like to see this exact one in PP, I too want new things..

Another thing I know, you wouldn't want that funky one from TWO, when you miss the mark you think there was an earthquake, it shook so much...LMAO, it was dumb...

Ok, start throwing tomatoes at me  now. lol

25j9zqh.jpg

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users