#1 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:27 AM

Crystal Pines. A very good test from the Tournament Tees. Please note changes to the rules. Have a great time. Ladies more than welcome.

Rules and Conditions

Course  Crystal Pines

Number of Holes  A full round of 18 holes

Difficulty  Assists either Minimum or Off  Feel free to use more assists until you improve

Device  Either MS or 3Click  I'll indicate your device beside your name on the leaderboard

Tees  Tournament

Pins  Medium

Firmness and Stimp  Your preference

Grids  Your preference

BLI  Your preference

Weather etc.  Your preference

Gimmes  2 feet

Mulligans  OFF!  Please make this your priority

Submission of scores  Simply post your scores to this thread as 'strokes' or 'to par'. Please indicate your swing device method. Tell the story of your round if you like. Submit as many times as you like as often as you beat your previous score.

LEADERBOARD    Crystal Pines

-   9       TRCThrobbinhood (MS)

-   8       Rush2112 (MS)

-   5       Ted Ball (MS)

-   5       Vulture (MS)

-   4       frank70 (MS)

-   3       Art Patscheck (MS)

-   3       gravedodger (3C)

-   2       flyer01 (3C)

-   2       holee (MS)

-   1       Mike Jones (MS)

-   1       highfade (3C)

-   1       KChavis (MS)

E       WayneH (MS)

+  1       robbiet71 (3C)

+  2       Greensboronclion (MS)

+  2       Dazmaniac (3C)

+  3       JoeF (MS)

+  6       blueblood1995 (3C)

+  8       IanD (3C)

+  13    remers (MS)

#2 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:30 AM

Please restate the rules, thanks!!

Richard

Posted Image

#3 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:40 AM

A Day At The Beach by Little Teddy Ball.

Had a lot of fun playing in the sand for most of the day with frequent swims to cool off.  +12. The end.

Hmmm. I learnt a lot today. Will rearrange my bag. The BLI was great for short putts and was very good for long putts. Could this be the end of grids?! The new 'putter from the rough' change was brutal for me. You'll find out. The round included a 52 footer on 16.

Sorry Richard. Done

#4 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

66.  -5  Man, I enjoyed that round. I worked bloody hard for that. -2 on the bend and waited for it to fall apart but some good decisions and sorted my chipping out to shoot -3 on the back. Actually played for a bogey on that par 4 with the green surrounded by water after two lay ups.

This is my ball doing a 360 before dropping for a bird on hole ?.

uw4zCH9.png

#5 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:02 PM

Thanks Ted. Your edited post #1 and my post #2 must of passed each other in cyberspace.

Richard

Posted Image

#6 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

The BLI is cool but I don't even understand it mostly, I always played with grids on as well if I played Links2003. Grids only for me but at 0.8 instead of the Default (2) so I can read the green better.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#7 Rush2112

Rush2112

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:45 PM

-8, 63 best ball striking round yet, all rules followed, no gimmes, breezy, stimp 10, firmness 4. Only 1 bogie (16), nearly went in the drink on 18 but stayed up and hit to 10 feet, made eagle. Screen shots on my steam profile, not figured out how to put them here yet.

Min/min. Motion swing. Moving the sensitivity to 1.4 has helped controll my tempo better.

#8 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:27 PM

Nice round Rush. Yeah sensitivity is very important I find. Went from 1.2 to 1.3 to stop overswinging but dropped it back to 1.2.  Imgur is very simple for screenies. Copy the URL, hit the image button in your post's toolbar and paste.

Joe. I just run the BLI along my putting line and make a 'real life-like' estimate of how much break. I'm finding it easier (and quicker) to guesstimate most shots now - approach shots, chipping, putting - and not over-calculate things. It's easier said than done but you start to build an instinct. I thought about mapping (mainly because the caddy distances for clubs are not accurate for me) but after a few rounds on the same course I don't really need to go to all that bother.

#9 TRCThrobbinhood

TRCThrobbinhood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMansfield England.

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:54 PM

9 under par min assists, got a 2 under then 5 under and then this, adventurous round, tried to load pic but won't do it.

I took video of screen so it is on youtube under my name perfectjohnboy crystal pines

#10 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:54 AM

Art Patscheck. -3. Mouse Swing. 7 firmess, 10 stimp, local weather. Min, min. Really pleased with this score. One of my better rounds! Almost sank a 93yd shot for par after going in the water off the tee. Took a gimme for a bogie that felt like par after that.
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#11 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:01 AM

I guess I just suck. +4 min aids BLI 10 stimp and 7 firm motion swing. Moved mouse to 1.20 but still missing to many fairways and you
can't score that way. I have played about ten rounds online so far and have never seen anyone under par so I feel good to just keep it near par and I will be playing in that league I guess.

#12 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:05 AM

G...   It's a different game playing online. Bit more pressure to get on with it. In this comp I argue with my caddy, take a club, put it back, take it out again then choose another one, then argue with my caddy (the idiot). +4 is quite a good score compared to my first few rounds but once I did start hitting fairways it fell into place. I reckon its a bit of a faders course and at other times I make sure of hitting the fairway by bailing out a bit. You'll make the cut easily.

#13 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:16 AM

Teddy for me I prefer online play to just playing as I tend to concentrate more when playing live than just playing. When playing against a field as we did in links or in an online match I would always tend to take more time and play better and grind it out more where in local mode I wont. Don't ask me why but it has always been that way. I really look forward to the day when we do this as in league play with online events and clubs but for the time being I enjoy this little event and will keep plugging away. My great fear is that if we start seeing people put up 56 and 57 this game will lose its luster as then it' would be no different than TW or the current Links so my hope is they make it even harder so a 65 is a great round not just another round.

#14 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:09 AM

Yeah G, I'm a loner when playing cyber golf. Me against the course. I'll get online when I've got my confidence skyhigh - if that ever happens. I'll be bloody cold and ruthless (j/k).  But from the scores that have come in here I'll be very surprised if there are consistent sub 60 rounds. Throbbinhood and Rush have had great rounds but it wasn't Championship tees or severe pins with the greatest respect. Those mad scores in TWO were comps where guys were probably restarting etc. - I don't know - but I would defy anyone to shoot below 60 in PG in a one-off round straight off the bat on the hardest settings. There is a limit to how far you can hit it as well. Add wind too. 

#15 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:41 AM

Got a great start and was -5 early on however I couldn't buy a fairway on the back 9. Bogey, Bogey, Double Bogey finish left me on -1  :o

min min/ MS, breezy

#16 blueblood1995

blueblood1995

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:03 AM

rubbish... +6 (77)

3C, min/min, breezy, break line.

Even par after 9...

iMac (late 2012)

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

27-inch display (2560 x 1440)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048MB

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

#17 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:40 AM

3C, min/off, breezy, bli, greens 10/7

Doubled 16 (water) but chipped in for eagle on the last :)

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#18 gravedodger

gravedodger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationThe northy part of Ireland

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:40 AM

Conditions as per rules.

-3 minimum 3c bli

Here's a short video of my best 'lucky' shot, got the snap all wrong but slope helped me out.
Need to get my sound sorted for fraps ... doh!

http://youtu.be/QzecuiS-PzY

Attached Files

#19 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

Yes I agree with you on the sub 60 rounds and we really have not seen a lot of different pins as we will see in the future.  Right now we got Med pins which in reality is just one and not a lot of elements have been introduced to the game.  I keep mine set at what the game gives at 10 and 7 for speed and firmness but what if we go to 12 and say 9 and make it breezy with difficult pins and I don't see many breaking 80.  In my only Links event I have left which I have not played for over two weeks I set the pins for the toughest conditions and they still kill it but that cant happen here in my opinion.  And yes there has to be a lot of restarts but we wont have that when playing events that are setup in the system like at LSPN.  In the end the game we are playing might just be as easy as it ever gets and we might someday say that was on heck of a 75 I shot to day.  lol.

#20 WayneH

WayneH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationWagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:09 PM

71 (E)

BLI MS 10 7

Had it to -3 on the front then went bad from there.

First full round with the release version. Great job guys. You get the Hewi seal of approval. hahaha.

• Crow357 likes this

Thanks

Wayne Hewitt
Hewis Golf Design
www.hewisgolfdesign.com
HGDsigS.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: A casual comp for all

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users