#42 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:34 PM

Teddy, I am trying to play at Pro level. Hopefully my second round will be better? But having a lot of fun with this game!

Cool Jim. The frustration comes at Pro when a wayward shot comes out of nowhere. You seem to put a good swing on it but it goes 30 degrees off course. (They based Pro level on my real golf game.) The more you play Pro the less that happens.

#43 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:59 PM

A Grade

MS

Another scrambling round. Not hitting the ball well but par saving putts are as valuable as birdies.

#44 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:49 AM

Nice round Teddy.

As soon as Robbiet71 posts his third round, I'll post my final so you guys have something to shoot at.

The conditions for Round 4 are brutal. Perfectly placed approached just don't want to stay on the greens, so bring your best short game.

#45 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:01 AM

I played my first round for this tournament yesterday.  Two triples to start the round and another on the ninth hole left me at 49 at the turn.  A four-putt on #10 resulted in an 8 posted for the par 3.  I don't know what happened after that, but I played that last eight holes at even par (two birdies and two bogies).

Round 1 stats (MS, no aids):

• Score:  49-41 = 90
  • FWYs:  4/14 = 28.6% (my worst driving round in a couple of weeks)
  • GIRs:  3/18 = 16.7% (also worse than my typical; can't recall missing so many)
  • Putts:  31  (I would have hoped for less, given I was missing the greens.  Apparently, my short game wasn't working either!)

#46 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:57 AM

A Grade

MS

Finally got my swing back. Took a while but it's good to be back playing A grade. Hitting it straight(er) certainly helps getting to those pins

#47 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:45 AM

Round 2  +5  (76)

Pro  3 Click

#48 BLINDT

BLINDT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:27 AM

rd 4

69   -2

front 9....2 birdies

back 9.....2 birdies...2 bogies

4 rds  -8   big difference from last tournament -40

lol  min/min sure is  harder than max/max but did enjoy this tourny more

thanks Ted

• Greensboronclion and Ted_Ball like this

#49 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:26 PM

rd 4
69   -2
front 9....2 birdies
back 9.....2 birdies...2 bogies
4 rds  -8   big difference from last tournament -40
lol  min/min sure is  harder than max/max but did enjoy this tourny more
thanks Ted

Nice Tournament and nice final round as those pins were tough. This is how a leaderboard should look and it's way better than minus 40.

#50 BLINDT

BLINDT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

Nice Tournament and nice final round as those pins were tough. This is how a leaderboard should look and it's way better than minus 40.

thanks ... yes looks like a scoreboard you see on tv ..nice shootin yourself

#51 LakeHitter

LakeHitter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:55 PM

Round 3 66 (-5) MS A

#52 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:48 PM

Yeah, thanks for getting into this one guys. There are some excellent scores coming through which tells me that player skills are evolving with time. I could also conclude that the scores are improving because players are becoming more familiar with the courses. This is wonderful and reinforces the simulation aspect of Perfect Golf. It wasn't an easy track to play but a good strategy was important to shoot under par. There were several birdie opportunities which dropped the scores but we should be very satisfied with the look of the scoreboard.

For the next tournament - the AT & T Byron Nelson - I will probably drop the easy pin position for the first round and introduce some early gusty wind which could firm up the course for the later rounds. I'll let you know which course soon. I'm trying to fine tune the difficulties before the US Open which traditionally is a tough test of golf. We will have to wait and see what the update changes before I know how to set up tournaments in the future though.

I'd like to introduce a new concept to generate a bit more interest for some players. I'm thinking of having two divisions within the one leaderboard. The top six (and draws) become Division 1 with the rest Division 2. This develops a comp within a comp. The top player in Div.2 is promoted to Div.1 while the lowest player in Div.1 is relegated to Div.2. It's just an experiment to see how the dynamic unfolds and whether it attracts some interest. It assumes that players will keep returning but it doesn't matter if they don't. There are ways around that.

#53 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:23 PM

R2 - 73, MS, A, BLI only

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#54 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:01 AM

Teddy,

I like your ideas alot. Maybe try easy pins with 5 firmness and 11 or 12 stimp, amd dificult pins with 6 or 7 firmness. The last round here reminded me of the setup that would be used as a final round for a Major.

Can we end the tournaments a little sooner - maybe Monday nights?

#55 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:13 AM

One note on 12 on the stimp as to be quite honest it's not as quick as 11 and I know some have seen that 3 ft putts with 1 inch incline will stay short of hole even if going past the flag. Just an observation and I do believe Andrew said that with the update there will only be Slow, Med and Fast but I could be wrong but my many practice rounds tell me 11 is faster than 12 for whatever reason.

#56 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:18 AM

Greensboronclion,

Yes - I did see that 12 stimp bug with the swingmeter at Shadowlands #7 last toury.  I tried 25 putts and probably 25 other clubs to "hop" the ball into the cup - no luck.

#57 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:41 AM

Greensboronclion,
Yes - I did see that 12 stimp bug with the swingmeter at Shadowlands #7 last toury.  I tried 25 putts and probably 25 other clubs to "hop" the ball into the cup - no luck.

Yea I don't know what it is but it is an issue and slower than 11. Go try the setup in a practice round at any other course and if you have an uphill putt of even 1 inch you should be able to hit the flag and have no problem but even past you can't get it there and it's only on short putts not the long ones. Funny thing is on the downhill ones it's spot on as you have to be short of the flag to keep it close and even then it can roll way past. It's there as we are not the only ones to have seen it.

#58 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:46 AM

Can we end the tournaments a little sooner - maybe Monday nights?

JMK....we can do anything.

#59 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:32 AM

Teddy,

I should probably clarify.

On a holiday weekend,such as this, it's probably a good idea to end Wednesday for those that are on the road.

On a normal weekemd, I know I like to play rounds 3 and 4 on Saturday and Sunday, so a Monday end would give the extra day for straglers.

#60 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:40 AM

Round 3  +1  (72)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 72 hole comp, Pro and A Grade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users