#61 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:13 AM

Excellent rounds guys. I'm really pleased with the scores. The pin placements make a real difference to the difficulty. I think that is an art in itself and I would encourage the devs to devote some consideration to that part of the game - seeing how important it is. I thought having some straight and level putts was a nice balance. They were probably a bit too flat but I still missed some 20 footers because of a wobbly stroke. The putts that were roller coasters were a lot of fun all the same. I would like just a bit more ability to fine-tune the wind - not the effect at those speeds but to have a few more increments between the settings as they are now. I'd like to thank Kablammo11 for coming in and giving his talk and also for designing a great course.  

The Heath threw up a good mix of scores - my blow out in round three was in part due to the challenging layout - but it still managed to give up a 62 and a 63. G's final round is a testament to how hard it is to dominate a course if the design and set up are well done.

It looks like we won't have the concrete bounce in new versions but I believe there should still be a firmness setting that simulates run on dry tracks. I wonder, if the run was there but not the bounce, whether there would be as much disagreement. Maybe I'm used to dry Australian conditions but I kind of like the challenge of dry, hard conditions. It adds another element that makes you think your way around.

I'll leave the tournament open until the update. I don't want to start another one if the new version is close to being released. I might go out and play four rounds at Pro level as another great Aussie golfer. Anyone but Greg Norman.

• robbiet71 likes this

#62 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:25 AM

Ted I to like the hard conditions and we get that here in the Southeast during summer when a lot of hard patch takes over fairways. I hope you can have those same conditions in this game in the future. The mark of a good golfer is one who can play all types of courses and conditions and this game should be no different. I do hope that we soon get a tru Links course like a St Andrews or Carnoustie as those are completely different than any we have now.

#63 holee

holee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:57 AM

Pro MS / Bli

Rnd 2      - 5

Had another good round going until the 18th. Pin was far right, ball went way left. ( splash)

9 birds, 1 dbl, 2 bogies

#64 holee

holee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 05:05 AM

Pro MS / Bli

Rnd 3    -7

It took a few holes to get the first bird, but stay fairly steady after that. Some tough pins. No water balls this round.

1 eagle, 8 birds, 3 bogies.

#65 holee

holee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:08 AM

Pro MS / Bli

Rnd 4    + 4

Brutal way to finish. I guess i know what i have to work on.

3 birds, 1 Dbl bogie, 5 bogies.....uuuggghhhh.

Btw.....Thx Teddy for hosting this tourneys.  It's been fun.

#66 Reynhardt_p2

Reynhardt_p2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:18 AM

Hi Teddy

I think you may have made a mistake on my score....it should be -15, unless I missed something.

Thx

#67 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:43 AM

Correct Reynhardt. -15 it is. I added it in my head. Huge mistake. Apologies and well played.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 72 hole comp, Pro and A Grade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users